Owen very close to leaving?

KaKa

owen has still done very little wrong in my eyes,

Nope, not yet. But if he buggers off now, therefore not even trying to make back the £10.4m* we've paid him in wages for the past couple of years, i'll be a bit cheesed off.

*Rough estimation of 2 years at £100k-a-week, for the pedants.

I agree, if Owen wants to leave then he should come out and say it so that we can get a worthy replacement - no not smith! Although, if Ameobi is going.. get Smith in!

Owen knows that he owes us at least another season and that hasn't been wiped off because of the compensation. Sure you could say that Owen owed us because of the money we have spent on him over the last two years, but I think the thing that would be clear in his mind is that he still owes us for the lack of his player abilities. You never now what would of happened if we had Owen for 2 full seasons, we would probably be in Europe next season! He owes us another season so we can enjoy watching him play for us! That's it plain and simple!

I wouldn't want Owen to go, because inside i'm still excited at the prospect of Michael Owen playing for Newcastle United!

The only thing getting on my nerves is this damn speculation that has been circulating for a few months! Come the start of the friendlies I think we will know for sure...

Guest eyeball_tickler

Nope, not yet. But if he buggers off now, therefore not even trying to make back the £10.4m* we've paid him in wages for the past couple of years, i'll be a bit cheesed off.

why did you pick the negative option? in that scenario you'd be cheesed off, but what if he stayed and scored 20 goals?

PS. If he goes to Man City i'll fucking hunt the bastard down. He would actually deserve to die. :lol:

To quote Sir Robin's minstrels:

His head smashed in,  and his heart cut out,

And his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged,

And his nostrils raped, and his bottom burned off,

And his penis split ... and his ...

why did you pick the negative option? in that scenario you'd be cheesed off, but what if he stayed and scored 20 goals?

Eh? I said if he leaves, i'll be unhappy. If he stays, of course i'd be pleased.

Why did i pick the negative option? Well... that's what the thread is based upon, isn't it.

???

Guest eyeball_tickler

Eh? I said if he leaves, i'll be unhappy. If he stays, of course i'd be pleased.

Why did i pick the negative option? Well... that's what the thread is based upon, isn't it.

???

when you quoted me you only picked the negative option of him leaving, when you could just as easily followed on from what you agreed with and picked the positive option of him staying.

also, the thread appears to be based on nothing but another attempt to have a go at owen.

The thread, aswell as the entire Michael Owen discussion that's taken place on the forum since about April time, has been all about ifs buts and maybes. Not to simply have a go at him.

Just to appease you, Eyeball Tickler. ;)

so until he leaves or at least says he wants to leave i'll be supporting him.

Agreed, if he ends up here come pre-season, dedicated to the club, i'll be dead chuffed and will be behind him.

However, that's not the likely outcome.

Guest eyeball_tickler

The thread, aswell as the entire Michael Owen discussion that's taken place on the forum since about April time, has been all about ifs buts and maybes. Not to simply have a go at him.

you say that, but if you read back the threads again you'll see he's been called worse than shit many times for no reason at all. i just read 10 mins ago that he had "no self respect or morals".

I want him to stay, he's a fantastic footballer.

Couldn't give a shit whether he fucking hates the club or not tbh.

I concur, to an extent. I'd rather he loved the club, but I can't see it making too much difference.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Just to appease you, Eyeball Tickler. ;)

so until he leaves or at least says he wants to leave i'll be supporting him.

Agreed, if he ends up here come pre-season, dedicated to the club, i'll be dead chuffed and will be behind him.

However, that's not the likely outcome.

why is it not likely? i think you believe to much of what people are saying on here. there's no proof at all that he wants to leave or has said anything about being unhappy.

why is it not likely? i think you believe to much of what people are saying on here. there's no proof at all that he wants to leave or has said anything about being unhappy.

Well it was clearly leaked to the press that he was looking for a way out, something he has had weeks to deny, and despite daily headlines he still refuses to talk about his future at club level in any of his interviews.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Well it was clearly leaked to the press that he was looking for a way out, something he has had weeks to deny, and despite daily headlines he still refuses to talk about his future at club level in any of his interviews.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4996270.stm

he talked and he walked. means nothing.

If he does go, he'll lose any respect I ever had for him!

You think how he acts like the model professional, and to be honest I thought he was, well the closest thing to Shearer anyway.

But if he cashes in on a move when he's done absolutly fuck all for us, i'll be livid! And he needs to remember who saved him from his Spanish nightmare!

So c'mon Michael Shape up or Shit out!  :rant:

PS. If he goes to Man City i'll f****** hunt the b****** down. He would actually deserve to die. :lol:

To quote Sir Robin's minstrels:

His head smashed in,  and his heart cut out,

And his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged,

And his nostrils raped, and his bottom burned off,

And his penis split ... and his ...

If he goes to City...

(a) He will be plying for Man City

(b) He will be managed by Sven

© He may be partnered by one off Samaras, Corradi, Vassell or Dickov

Shirley thats punishment enough??

Guest johnson293

still don't see anyone in a better position than us (i.e. man u, chel$ki, liverpool, arse) stumping up the 9m

perhaps arsenal but i doubt it, wenger prefers his strikers to have a better all round game than owen

I said to someone at work, I can't see him going to Arsenal - or Chelsea if they came in.

He clearly has his roots in the North West, and if its true that he still lives down there, and commutes up here, then I can't really see him uprooting his family to move to London - and to commute that distance is a bit unrealistic in the long-term.

His heart is obviously set on Liverpool, and at a push (with his background), I think he'd go to Man Utd, both of which will keep him where he wants to be.

Suppose we'll see whether Wenger makes a move, but I honestly dont think he'd go to London.

As for Man City - I dont see the attraction other than playing for Sven again. Like us, they are in a massive transitional period, and both have potentially bright futures, but neither are in europe, which is why his release clause has been activated. Other than the Sven factor, I dont see much of an advantage of moving to them over staying with us for next season.

If Owen goes to Man City and then Wenger bids the £13 for Martins we are going to be well stuffed.

Martins has came out and said he wnats to stay here but that was before the get out clause came to light, still good to hear he wnats to be here. Owen on the other hand is not letting us know one way or the other what he intends on doing, I think his silence is a massive indicator that he wnats to leave.

Bit of a joke that his get out clause cams into effect whehn we did not qualify for Europe, yet he has did fk all to help us get us there.

Just done a rough calc:

Owen on £100k per week costs us £10.5m over 2 years

Add the £9m fee touted around would 'save' us £19.5 m

Bent at £15m and wages of £50k per week on a 4 year contract costs us £25.5m in total.

Is the extra 6 million worth it if we get a player who would be committed and likely to improve?

Personally I'd do it if we can get a buyer, I honestly think Bent could be the new Les Ferdinand for us

If Owen goes to Man City and then Wenger bids the £13 for Martins we are going to be well stuffed.

Martins has came out and said he wnats to stay here but that was before the get out clause came to light, still good to hear he wnats to be here. Owen on the other hand is not letting us know one way or the other what he intends on doing, I think his silence is a massive indicator that he wnats to leave.

Bit of a joke that his get out clause cams into effect whehn we did not qualify for Europe, yet he has did fk all to help us get us there.

£13!?? You're right we would be stuffed!

We should re-sign Martins, and i think we will.

Owen really doesn't have us over a barrel anymore, not with the compensation money, i'd imaging we'd want rid of him now as much as he wants to leave, only no one is coming forward as a buyer.

I hope it is Citeh, they'll end up paying £12-14m as well, we'd be laughing if that happened.

We should re-sign Martins, and i think we will.

Owen really doesn't have us over a barrel anymore, not with the compensation money, i'd imaging we'd want rid of him now as much as he wants to leave, only no one is coming forward as a buyer.

I hope it is Citeh, they'll end up paying £12-14m as well, we'd be laughing if that happened.

Have Barton take him out when we play City next season as well, something like that Parker tackle on Joe Cole couple of seasons ago.

Spin motherfucker, spin.