Toon Rumours - Monday

NSG

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1065332,00.html

Almost evert paper this morning reports that Geremi is in talks with United over his proposed move on a free transfer from Chelsea.

The Daily Mail  says that the Cameroon utility player will make his mind up during the next 48 hours over a move to Tyneside, while The Journal  claims that the 28-year-old has already decided to join the Magpies.

One new name to emerge is that of FC Copenhagen centre-back Brede Hangeland. The 26-year-old Norway international is said to be available for a fee in the region of £2m, according to The Sun and The Times.

Again, the majority of titles carry the story of the Geordies being in talks with Barcelona over a move for their Brazilian World Cup winner Edmilson.

The Daily Mail say that Newcastle face competition from Milan for the 30-year-old's signature, while The Journal write that a potential stumbling block could be the player's wage demands which they claim are in excess of £100k per week.

And the Barcelona connection continues with striker Eidur Gudjonhsen linked with a switch to St.James' Park.

The Daily Mail, The Journal and The Times all say that the Geordies are in talks with the Catalan giants over the Icelandic international, with the Mail quoting a price tag of £4.5m.

Meanwhile, The Telegraph and The Times report that Big Sam is also tracking Chelsea pair Wayne Bridge and Lassana Diarra.

The Times also say that Marseille defender Habib Beye and Liverpool's Sami Hyypia remain a target for Allardyce.

And finally, The Daily Mirror report that Blackburn Rovers are set to beat United to the signature of Holland Under-21 forward Maceo Rigters.

Almost evert paper this morning reports that Geremi is in talks with United over his proposed move on a free transfer from Chelsea.

The Daily Mail  says that the Cameroon utility player will make his mind up during the next 48 hours over a move to Tyneside, while The Journal  claims that the 28-year-old has already decided to join the Magpies.

One new name to emerge is that of FC Copenhagen centre-back Brede Hangeland. The 26-year-old Norway international is said to be available for a fee in the region of £2m, according to The Sun and The Times.

Again, the majority of titles carry the story of the Geordies being in talks with Barcelona over a move for their Brazilian World Cup winner Edmilson.

The Daily Mail say that Newcastle face competition from Milan for the 30-year-old's signature, while The Journal write that a potential stumbling block could be the player's wage demands which they claim are in excess of £100k per week.

And the Barcelona connection continues with striker Eidur Gudjonhsen linked with a switch to St.James' Park.

The Daily Mail, The Journal and The Times all say that the Geordies are in talks with the Catalan giants over the Icelandic international, with the Mail quoting a price tag of £4.5m.

Meanwhile, The Telegraph and The Times report that Big Sam is also tracking Chelsea pair Wayne Bridge and Lassana Diarra.

The Times also say that Marseille defender Habib Beye and Liverpool's Sami Hyypia remain a target for Allardyce.

And finally, The Daily Mirror report that Blackburn Rovers are set to beat United to the signature of Holland Under-21 forward Maceo Rigters.

He's asked for 80k apparently and we've offerred 60k.

He's asked for 80k apparently and we've offerred 60k.

Edmilson?

If Geremi relly is free, that would be an excellent signing - still would be pleased with £2m mind.

Bridge and Beye would really sort out the full back berths were they to sign.

Guest teepee

bridge is my first choice (sort of realistic) left back target.

bridge-roz-taylor-geremi

with beye covering both central and right back...

not a top-of-the-league defence, but quite a bit better than what we've had the last couple of years. 

Guest r0bb010

If Bridge is out of reach, dont you think nicky shorey/Leighton Baines would be a good purchase if the price was right??

After all,we need a left back, cos we cant put up wiv babayaro again, what a joke.

As for right back, how about Ryan Taylor from wigan or Cristian Zaccardo from palermo?? both solid right backs who can also get forward.

Guest samtoonarmy

I would love to see Wayne Bridge come in at left-back. I wouldn't mind Samil Hypia either because i think we need an experinaced centre-half.

Guest zerocipher

Id take shorey over bridge TBH. I dont think he has hit his full potential yet, playing over at Reading.

Id take shorey over bridge TBH. I dont think he has hit his full potential yet, playing over at Reading.

No way, they are pretty much the same age and Bridge has proven over a lot longer time to be a better defender.

Guest Toon83

I have never understood why Wayne Bridge is rated so highly, he may be decent defensively but nothing more, in the attacking third he runs down the wing looks to cross but decides to pass back all the time ala Parker, i would much prefer an attack minded fullback who can defend like Leighton Baines or Shorey.

And why do we need Diarra if we are getting Geremi and Edmilson who both play in the same position

I have never understood why Wayne Bridge is rated so highly, he may be decent defensively but nothing more, in the attacking third he runs down the wing looks to cross but decides to pass back all the time ala Parker, i would much prefer an attack minded fullback who can defend like Leighton Baines or Shorey.

And why do we need Diarra if we are getting Geremi and Edmilson who both play in the same position

bullshit if ever i've read it

Bridge is fantastic defensively and very, very competent going forward

At the moment Bridge pisses all over Baines and Shorey for ability, Shorey will never be as good imo.

Baines is good and will probably get better, Shorey had a good season but who knows, Bridge is tried, tested and brilliant. Get him in.

I agree with the Bridge supporters and have done for a long while now, I still wouldn't be upset if we got Baines instead though... Shorey wouldn't inspire me, I must say. Always felt it was one of Bridge, Baines or Bale for us though since a decent while back.

Bridge is an awesome player, and has a sweet left foot. But we missed the boat with him last summer, this season he signed a new contract and has played alot of games. We've no no chance.