The summer gets even better! - Pattison hands in transfer request

Leazes1986

Matty Pattison has handed in a written transfer request at Newcastle United, skysports.com understands.

The South African-born midfielder has made ten first-team appearances for The Magpies and is rated very highly at St James' Park.

However, the 20-year-old feels he needs to move away from Tyneside to look for first-team football.

Pattison has 12-months left on his current deal, but new manager Sam Allardyce will now have to assess whether to keep the youngster or let him leave.

A number of Championship clubs are thought to be keeping close tabs on the situation, should Pattison be allowed to leave.

:lol: Someone wake me up from this fucking dream

He was considered a prospect until he was out injured for a couple of years on the bounce. He came back and just didn't look up to it.

Don't think he's as bad as some people are making out. Huntington came in and looked totally uncomfortable and everyone was raving about him.

Good luck to him I say, I remember everyone was impressed with him in that friendly against Celtic, but then he got injured for pretty much 2 years and it's clearly affected him. He wasn't exactly eased into the first team either, he was thrown in ahead of Luque and played out of position in a struggling team, not the best way to start your career.

Me as well. The lad is only 20. Although he is also ginger, chunky and balding...

Non-plussed either way, cannot see him ever being given the chance to make it here/earning the chance to make it here.

But Jon's idea certainly makes sense.

Guest Toon83

He was never good enough for us in the games that he played at premiership level byt ge looked decent in a few reserve games i watched so he might be able to make a good career at a championship club.

Good luck to him

He was considered a prospect until he was out injured for a couple of years on the bounce. He came back and just didn't look up to it.

Don't think he's as bad as some people are making out. Huntington came in and looked totally uncomfortable and everyone was raving about him.

Good luck to him I say, I remember everyone was impressed with him in that friendly against Celtic, but then he got injured for pretty much 2 years and it's clearly affected him. He wasn't exactly eased into the first team either, he was thrown in ahead of Luque and didn't look ready at all. Not the best way to start your career.

I think it was Sir Bobby who said he had the potential to be the next Gazza, he picked him in a few pre season squads when he was 16 or 17 iirc, then his knee ligaments went, a few games back from that and he broke his leg (might of been the other way around) and has looked totally out of his depth since.

Good luck to the lad wherever he goes, got a feeling he'll go and play for Mick McMackem at Wolves.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We have to face facts; he is above us as a footballer. We should let him go or one of the great talents of this century might be stunted

A very overated player, he has the work rate but nothing else, nothing more than a fringe player imo and i really hope we get some decent money from him.

Reading through comments in this thread I would say the one thing he isn't is overrated :lol:

Guest Nappy Rash

Worst player i have ever seen i would pay someone to take him.

Thats speaks volumes about you to be honest.

You're either very lucky or stupid, I wouldnt rule out a combination of both.

Missed lots of football due to serious injuries, played out of position in a s*** side and his full PL debut when he was MOM against West Brom has been totally forgotten about.

But SKY new breeds are a fickle, ignorant and totally clueless bunch to be honest.

Chopra turns s**** overnight, gans back down a division to bang goals in like he has done previously, but still SKY new breeds are harping on about Nugent and the likes  :lol:

Toon players have to be either totally s*** or fuckin brilliant dont they  :uglystupid2: