Mickey raring to go

NSG

SAM Allardyce believes that Michael Owen's determination to put last year's injury nightmare behind him can only benefit Newcastle United next season.

The 27-year-old was restricted to just three outings in a black and white shirt last term, but has this week travelled to Austria with the rest of his Magpie team-mates to begin pre-season preparations ahead of the Premiership kick-off on August 11.

And United boss Big Sam is confident, having spoken at length with the striker, that he has emerged a stronger player and better person following his agonising 10-month spell on the sidelines.

The 52-year-old said: "Michael's relishing getting started next season.

To read more of this story, click here: Link

Guest icemanblue

I don't think he's raring to go at all....I think he's dissapointed he didn't get away.

Agreed.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

I think he'll be a lot happier to stay now that things are actually looking pretty good for once... No doubt there will be a few more quality signings and we shld be a major force in the PL next season... He's bound to feel a bit guilty too that he's being paid so much and we've been getting fu*k all in return... He owes us at least 1 more season and he knows its...

Guest 22bnw

Reading that whole article, Big Sam seems confident that he will Owen and Martins at his disposal next season

Getting the impression that he's decided to stay, although it would be nice if he actually came out and said it publically. Whether or not he's staying because he's not had the chance to move clubs is another matter...  :undecided:

Personally, I think he should be offered an extension because his value decreases with every month until he goes for nowt in June 2009. If he's not prepared to sign on for another 2 years, list the get and accept any reasonable offers. 

NSG, please stop copying and pasting whole articles off places without even providing links.

Thankyou.

Piss off man, we've always posted full articles and I rarely forget to put a link on.

What I've not seen mentioned is that we'll get a motivated Owen either way. If he wants to stay and help the club, that'll be his motivation. If he wants to go, he'll be motivated to prove to the top 4 that he's still a world-class striker. You think a club like Arsenal or whoever will spend £9m (or whatever) next summer if Owen has another injury-filled or sub-par season? No fucking chance. He'll be motivated and a motivated Michael Owen will push us up the table.

Ideally I'd like him to stay. I'll write something here that I'll expand on but basically Owen is taking care of himself, as every other person on this board would. He's making sure he comes first, and rightly so as well.

Edit - When has Owen ever looked like he wasn't 'in it' per se? We all know that he cares about England first and foremost but if he's shit for the club, he'll eventually lose his England place. He'll be up for it this season, like he's always been.

Guest hagler

i wonder if he reads liverpool forums...........cause the majority dont want him.....its enough to make him change his mind..they HATE him

I was actually surprised when reading the arsenal forums about martins - most see him as a good player who could add something to the starting XI, but a lot want him on the left wing - I giggled!  :lol:

As for Owen, I hate all the pessimism surrounding him - he has clearly declared next season to Newcastle United through talking to Big Sam. Owen when injury free is a world class player IMO and we could greatly benefit from having him in a Newcastle United shirt - lest we forget, big names draw in other big names. I don't care if he hasn't come out and said anything about his future... I believe he will stay and I don't care if you quote me on that if he leaves for £500,000 to Cardiff City!

Guest Verlaine

NSG, please stop copying and pasting whole articles off places without even providing links.

Thankyou.

You're basically the moderating equivalent of a classroom monitor. Do you ask Bluf if you can collect all the pencils at the end of the day?

I hope he is.

On another note, this has surely been posted yea?

"Arsenal are in advanced negotiations to sign Obafemi Martins from Newcastle United - The Sun"

total lie?

so then michael,

arsenal have signed a forward

liverpool have signed a forward

and now manchester united have all but signed tevez.

looks like you are left on the shelf mate.