Tevez agrees to join Manure?

Leazes1986

Guest nufc 4 life

this move is almost definetely going through here is the article from the bbc today

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says the club are close to signing Carlos Tevez from West Ham.

The 23-year-old Argentine striker agreed personal terms with United last week, according to his representatives.

The Premier League says the transfer must be "done directly" with West Ham rather than his agent Kia Joorabchian.

Ferguson said: "We are in negotiations and want to make sure there are no side issues. The essential parts are agreed. Hopefully it will be finalised soon."

News conference: Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson

He added: "Club solicitor Maurice Watkins has been working on it for a month, maybe more, to make sure the deal is perfectly clear.

"To be honest, I thought it would have all been sorted by the weekend just gone. It must be the Premier League that is holding it up.

606: DEBATE

What do you make of Man Utd's possible signing of Carlos Tevez?

"From what chief executive David Gill and Maurice said, everything was ready to go. Unless something is being held back from us, I don't know of anything that is holding it up."

However, last week West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson insisted Tevez is a registered Hammers player and is expected to return for the new season.

But Joorabchian's lawyers say the deal has progressed with the "knowledge and permission" of the Upton Park outfit.

Tevez has made no secret of his desire to move to Old Trafford, a proposed transfer he has described as a "dream", and it appears it has taken a step closer to being realised.

He was involved in the saga that led to West Ham being fined £5m for breaching transfer rules, although they crucially escaped a points deduction.

The Premier League wants to ensure Joorabchian is not paid any of the fee after previous questions over the Argentine forward's "ownership".

And the waters are further muddied by the fact that West Ham, who insist they cut all ties with Joorabchian after they were fined in April, expect Tevez to return to east London after he concludes his international duties at the Copa America in Venezuela.

Magnusson said earlier this month: "Carlos Tevez is a registered West Ham player, contracted to the club until June 2010.

"There is no agreement with West Ham for Carlos Tevez to leave the club and we expect him to return in time for next season's preparations.

"No decision on his future can be reached without the agreement of West Ham."

One possible avenue would be for West Ham to be paid a transfer fee and then agree a compensation figure with Joorabchian for breaching contracts with his company, Media Sports Investments (MSI), when the Hammers terminated third-party agreements following their fine.

However, it is understood the League would want a substantial chunk of the transfer fee to remain at West Ham rather than it all be handed over to MSI in compensation.

If that was the case, they could be accused of merely covering up the third-party agreements that have caused so much controversy.

Should be an exciting season for us with Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson adding to the quality of our squad and other teams like Newcastle should be stiff competition for the UEFA champions league and UEFA cup places.

I'm hoping Arsenal won't be the same without Thierry Henry.

Why hello Lee... what brings you back here? Thought you had sworn never to return.

Should be an exciting season for us with Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson adding to the quality of our squad and other teams like Newcastle should be stiff competition for the UEFA champions league and UEFA cup places.

I'm hoping Arsenal won't be the same without Thierry Henry.

Who's us? I didn't realise Gateshead had signed them three?

My theory is that West Ham are stalling until the season starts. They were only allowed to keep Tevez on condition that he became a registered player with them and his old contract was nullified. It looks like that didn't really happen, so if he leaves without a transfer fee, they're clearly in the shit again.

However, if they wait till the season starts, it's more difficult for the Premier league to relegate them, and they can embark on a long legal tussle.

I agree. It looks as though West Ham did a fair amount of fudging to get past the Premiership enquiry.

Could things be looking a bit dodgy for West Ham? Sheffield Utd are taking their case to the High Court aren't they (not sure how much power the HC has on this though)

All of those expensive signings and in the Championship :celb:

Seems Tevez  feels his best option is to act himself and write to the FA asking them to end his West Ham contract, the Premier League have made a right fkn mess of this whole situation and I think the FA should stand  in and take control over the whole thing..

I still don't understand how the Premier League can dictate where the money goes to.

Either West Ham own the rights to the player through the exchange of contracts and therefore get the money

Or MSI retained the ownership rights and West Ham don't get a penny.

The only money I can see West Ham being entitled to is for Tevez breaking his loan deal with them and therefore West Ham need compensating for the transfer of his playing registration?

Just don't get it!

I am still shocked people think good ol Kia just gave West Ham Tevez for free after the original Premier League enquiry West Ham was shop a window for the Argie's & it has worked as both player have moved to bigger clubs.

Guest optimistic nit

I still don't understand how the Premier League can dictate where the money goes to.

Either West Ham own the rights to the player through the exchange of contracts and therefore get the money

Or MSI retained the ownership rights and West Ham don't get a penny.

The only money I can see West Ham being entitled to is for Tevez breaking his loan deal with them and therefore West Ham need compensating for the transfer of his playing registration?

Just don't get it!

if the player is still registered to MSI then i think he is and was not alloud to play in the PL. if this is the case, then the fa alloud him to play after the west ham fine, which is a massive cockup. MSI can't own the player by FA rules i think, if they still do, even after the first tribunal then its a fucking disgrace, and heads should roll.

Guest eyeball_tickler

The purported transfer of Carlos Tevez to Manchester United has taken a fresh twist, with the news that an arrest order has been issued for businessman Kia Joorabchian, the representative responsible for the player's affairs.

A federal judge in Brazil has charged Joorabchian, amongst others, with money-laundering and being part of a criminal gang, for the role he played in the relationship between Media Sports Investment (MSI), the company he fronts, and Corinthians, the Brazilian club he first took Tevez to, before bringing him to England.

London-based MSI has been under investigation ever since it took over Corinthians back in 2004, with Brazilian intelligence known to have run thorough checks on the company.

"The (MSI) transactions are carried out with the use of numerous offshore accounts which have the single and well-known intention of distancing the investor and the illicit origin of the resources from their final destination, in this case the purchase and sale of (football) players," the federal attorneys Silvio Luis Martins de Oliveira and Rodrigo de Grandis are quoted as saying on Brazilian legal website consultor Juridico.

The detention of Corinthians president Alberto Dualib has also been ordered, along with that of Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky, whose money is thought to have bankrolled MSI. Both face similar charges.

News of Joorabchian's impending arrest has overshadowed the news, revealed exclusively to Sky Sports News on Thursday, that Tevez would wrap up his move to Manchester United in the next few days.

Suspicions of corruption were raised by the failure of money involved in the purchasing of players to be passed through the country, in a chain of events which has manifest accusations of money laundering. Both MSI and Corinthians have reportedly been unable to clarify the origins of the money, which proceeded to lead to the investigation, that has ultimately led to Joorabchian's impending arrest and cast further doubts over Tevez's move to United.

Joorabchian has been at the centre of the furore caused by Tevez's switch to West Ham, which concluded at the campaign's end with the Premier League club being fined £5.5million, having been found guilty of third-party ownership.

Sheffield United, who feel they should be reinstated to the top flight, at West Ham's expense, have taken the matter to the High Court, but it would appear Joorabchian now has more pressing affairs of his own.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=476614&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Arrest+order+for+Joorabchian&channel=football_home&#