Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Sunderland apparently have met Wigan's £6m valuation of Baines, and are now in talks with the player.

Great news since Bridge is injured, Heinze wont come here and were still in dire need of two competent leftbacks.

Well done Sam & Ashley, working well so far.  :clap:

Sam must have a LB lined up - sorry make 2 LB's lined up as otherwise missing out on Baines makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Sam heaping praise on Zoggy calling him probably the best LB at the club confirm were not in for any LBs this summer for me, and that we've got less cash (if any at all) than we all hoped for.

"Newcastle have stepped aside to allow Sunderland to sign Baines after Allardyce discovered he had not been allowed onto a rollercoaster ride at a popular theme park due to his diminutive stature ... "

Sam must have a LB lined up - sorry make 2 LB's lined up as otherwise missing out on Baines makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Sam heaping praise on Zoggy calling him probably the best LB at the club confirm were not in for any LBs this summer for me, and that we've got less cash (if any at all) than we all hoped for.

N'Zogbia is the best LB at the club at this moment & it is something the needs addressing urgently. Babayaro (when fit) shouldn't be in a position to challange for a reserve team place never mind the 1st team.

Nah ... I think it means we will only be going after one rather than two LB's. It is also a message to Babayaro to let him know he doesn't need to rush back or anything as he won't be playing much.

N'Zogbia is the best LB at the club at this moment & it is something the needs addressing urgently. Babayaro (when fit) shouldn't be in a position to challange for a reserve team place never mind the 1st team.

Suppose it could be a slur at Babayaro, but thats simply not SA's style, especially if he wants to sell him.

Us having a decent amount of money to spend just doesn't add up when presented with all the evidence over the last 2 weeks.

Guest Guinness

I bloody hope not! But if we don't move for Baines and nothing materialises shortly I will begin to worry.

Suppose it could be a slur at Babayaro, but thats simply not SA's style, especially if he wants to sell him.

Us having a decent amount of money to spend just doesn't add up when presented with all the evidence over the last 2 weeks.

I have been regularly shot down in flames over the last couple of weeks by querying the lack of information coming out of SJP & the apparent inability to challange for signings.

Someone needs to get their finger out and do it soon.

Sam "I'm looking to bring people in"

Sam "I want four more defenders before the season starts"

Sam "I'm looking for more players to boost the squad"

Sam "I'm constantly working on signings so much that training is taking a back seat"

Supporters "We won't sign anyone and there's no money"

Seriously gotta wonder what Baines is thinking joining a possible (probable) relegation candidate. Guess this means no other club was interested, especially at that price, which asks the question 'how good is he actually?'

I think the fact only the mackems are interested in him says it all.

A quick look at Baines' defending last season would be enough to put top managers off.

Sam "I'm looking to bring people in"

Sam "I want four more defenders before the season starts"

Sam "I'm looking for more players to boost the squad"

Sam "I'm constantly working on signings so much that training is taking a back seat"

Supporters "We won't sign anyone and there's no money"

:lol:

Fredrik Ljungberg has signed for West Ham. For a fee of £3.5m. 60K/week...

Well, he hasn't signed just left Arsenals training camp to undergo a medical at West Ham.

WHU played against Lazio yesterday and lost 2-0, Bellamy and Parker both played the full 90 min and Bowyer was taken off in the 65th minute..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6911613.stm

Done.

Dyer to Arsenal as Ljungberg's replacement?!

i hope so!

I HOPE NOT!

jesus christ, we need two wingers now, although Ljungberg was s***, he was still a player.!!!

Think he might use Eboue on the wing? You've bought a new right-back and Eboue wasn't up to much going backwards IMO. Walcott there too, almost a new player considering how little he has played...

Eboue is going to the african nations rubbish along with ade, so that means walcott will be needed for cover on strikers horrible mess imo unless arsene buys one right winger and one left

and we are almost as injury prone as newcastle so,,,, sort it out wenger!

you really think he's gonna be particularly well supported financially though? I can't see it myself.

You need you a 2nd Anelka asap.

He is, Edelman has come out and said he has the dosher, im not for spending rediculous amounts, just we need a team that can challenge and imo without two (minimum) one new winger we cant!

Gooch apparently signing for Reading.

Good for him. I think he deserves another chance with a premiership team. Certainly wasn't the worst centre back in the league last season and is in fact better than quite a few others.

With a bit of direction and some better players around him you could certainly see him becoming better.

Gooch apparently signing for Reading.

Good for him. I think he deserves another chance with a premiership team. Certainly wasn't the worst centre back in the league last season and is in fact better than quite a few others.

With a bit of direction and some better players around him you could certainly see him becoming better.

Bar about 1 games I thought he was pretty poor tbh.