Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Classic! just watching big bro and richardsons cousin going ''wheres sunderland? theyre crap arent they? his dad wouldnt let him move there unless they gave kieron a shitload of money!'' ah classic. I remember the crap they were spouting a couple of months ago ''there is a feelgood factor about the SOL, everybody wants to play for roy''

:lol: Did he/she really say that?

Yep

"Sunderland, who are they?!!??"

:lol:

Rumour going round that we're going to be signing Martin Petrov and Manuel Fernandes  :kasper:

Don't normally pay much attention to these things and wouldn't normally post it but the guy who posted has a track record (Called the signing of Geovanni well before anyone had heard of him) and has admitted who is source is (A City reserve team player no-one here would ever have heard of)...plus Fernandes is shit hot so I want it to be true  :laugh:

Guest Triglett

Sounds as if things have swung in your favour for Petrov on our side, too. Think you'll be making a few people jealous if you pull off those two signings  :clap:

Rumour going round that we're going to be signing Martin Petrov and Manuel Fernandes  :kasper:

Don't normally pay much attention to these things and wouldn't normally post it but the guy who posted has a track record (Called the signing of Geovanni well before anyone had heard of him) and has admitted who is source is (A City reserve team player no-one here would ever have heard of)...plus Fernandes is s*** hot so I want it to be true  :laugh:

I will feel like curling up into a ball and not going to work tomorrow if you sign Fernandes

For fucks sake

I hate Bill Kenwright

Don't normally pay much attention to these things and wouldn't normally post it but the guy who posted has a track record (Called the signing of Geovanni well before anyone had heard of him) and has admitted who is source is (A City reserve team player no-one here would ever have heard of)...plus Fernandes is s*** hot so I want it to be true  :laugh:

Manuel Fernandes is an excellent player, Petrov is somewhat more unpredictable but is one of the quickest players you'll see.

Guest TyneToPlay

Damn, Fernandes and Petrov are excellent players. Thought City was going to be a bit of a mess with all the last minute buys but they are decent (assuming Petrov's knees hold out a full season).

On top of that the Spuds did get Danny Rose after all, and he's the best young winger in the country. Faster than Lennon, but on the left. I was hoping Pool had gazumped 'em but Spuds have so much more attraction for English kids now.

Come on Sam! Chop chop! We are being overtaken by City!!!

Don't normally pay much attention to these things and wouldn't normally post it but the guy who posted has a track record (Called the signing of Geovanni well before anyone had heard of him) and has admitted who is source is (A City reserve team player no-one here would ever have heard of)...plus Fernandes is shit hot so I want it to be true  :laugh:

:lol: I wonder what the main reason is you give these rumours more credance than the Dyer rumour..... ;)

:lol: I wonder what the main reason is you give these rumours more credance than the Dyer rumour..... ;)

Guilty as charged. :laugh:

Link

City swoop for Petrov

26/07/2007 12:13

Martin Petrov has become Sven-Goran Eriksson's fourth signing after moving to City from Atletico Madrid.

The Bulgarian winger has passed a medical at City's Carrington training ground and moves to the club on a three-year contract for a fee of £4.7million, subject to a work permit.

The 28-year-old started his career with CSKA Sofia and has subsequently impressed at Servette of Switzerland, the Bundesliga's VfL Wolfsburg and most recently at Atletico.

Capped more than 60 times by his country, Petrov is a crucial part of Bulgaria's attempt to qualify for next year's European Championships, which at the moment sees them in second place in Group G.

Petrov's blistering pace and eye for goal is sure to give City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson options on the left flank, a position that has proved difficult to fill for the Blues over the last few seasons.

City Chief Executive Alistair Mackintosh says: "Unsurprisingly given the calibre of the player, there were a significant number of clubs competing for Martin's signature, and I am absolutely delighted that he has come to Manchester City.

"Having Sven-Goran Eriksson as our manager proved to be a major factor in the player's decision to move here."

Petrov will wear the number 15 shirt.

Never seen him play, so I can't comment on whether or not it's a good signing, but I thought Spurs wanted him? No doubt you offered him 9x the money or something :lol:

Reading glory-glory, seems like he only came here because they never wanted him in the first place :laugh:

Never seen him play, so I can't comment on whether or not it's a good signing, but I thought Spurs wanted him? No doubt you offered him 9x the money or something :lol:

Reading glory-glory, seems like he only came here because they never wanted him in the first place :laugh:

:lol: They didn't want Duff either. Spurs are a massive club, they don't need a left winger!

I'm spotting a pattern developing here...

:lol:

I said it at the start of the window and I will say it again ... Harry kewell is their destiny.

They were claiming Atletico were asking for £8 million and thatw as the problem yet he has only cost Man city £4.7 million. Tottenham still can't get a left winger!

Sven is going to be a force for Man City, a lot of clubs are going to regret turning their noses up at him. He's doing a fine job so far. Very impressed with the players he is bringing in. Not at all going overboard but bringing in very good players nonetheless.

Guest Deep456

Simao the Benfica winger signing for Atletico Madrid

I want either him,Quaresma or Deco in midfield to sign for us.

Guest Triglett

To be fair, he made several 'come and get me' pleas to Spurs, citing UEFA Cup football and the chance to play with his best pal Berbatov as reasons why he'd be interested in a move. Pretty easy to assume that we would have been his first choice then, and that we never actually held talks/had a bid accepted for him. I can only imagine hope that we have other, better targets in mind.