Been offered Deco and enquired about Eto'o...according to The Journal.

Guest DavB93

Guest Dr. Pongle

'Yeah, Sam, come to Newcastle. f****** great club, I've loved my time here. Been brilliant!'

Eto'o was playing with himself when talking about our crowd when he came here a few years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if he came here.  He was at Barca yet still banged on about how good the astmosphere was at St James', never say never.

Missed the point of my post, tbh, which was that Luque is hardly going to spunk about how good the club is to Eto'o.

p.s. Never.

Luque is only worth a 10 minute run out against the Mackems, he's worth keep just for that purpose alone.

Guest David Kelly

Or the optimists Team

------------------------Given

Geremi-----Edmilson--------Taylor----Heinze

-------------------------Diarra

---------------Barton------------Emre

------------------------Deco

---------------Etoo------------Owen

If only lol.

Although the team looks immense, I think they are achievable targets.  Except Etoo.

It looks a bit narrow to me.  Barton and Emre aren't going to play the flanks and Heinze isn't attacking enough to do it on his own.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

why would you want to be crossing the ball in with two midgits upfront? would be pointless, then the guys joining in the box would also be midgits, barton emre and deco, so fu*k the wingers lol, make them walk it in like arsenal do

Guest exilim

Or the optimists Team

We will probably win liverpool 3-0 with that team.

Guest alex

why would you want to be crossing the ball in with two midgits upfront? would be pointless, then the guys joining in the box would also be midgits, barton emre and deco, so fu*k the wingers lol, make them walk it in like arsenal do

Arsenal still play with width though.

Deco decamps Neu Camp?

By Parky On Mon 9 Jul 2007 | (edit this) Have Your Say

Word is spreading like wildfire that the mini-maestro Deco (Eduard Gonazales Etudendiates Vasco de Gama Suarez Soduku) is heading for the toon for a medical this week. Phones have been ‘off da hook’ reagarding these developments and leading officiando sites are carrying the story. There is no smoke without fire they say and we all wait with baited breadth for fruther developments. As they say in Spain: “Primero fue Gudjohnsen, después Edmilson pese a estar lesionado, y ahora le ha tocado el turno a Deco.” Roughly translated in my Cerveza ordering Spanish that means that Earth God Ashley and his cohorts have reavealed their interest for these players of proven quality and although Deco is currently the talk of the toon, I wouldn’t discount the appearance of the Nordic warrrior Gudjohnsen either with Edmilson injury worries deferring any agreement till Janurary.

Shorey still hasn’t signed a new deal which has been on offer by our reckoning for three weeks now, rekindling links again with Newcastle who it is clear now wll not sign Baines (size does matter), and on this subject there is still talk of £5m on the table for a Chelsea left back. Meanwhile Beye, Wes Brown and Luke Young still remain viable deals in the squad strengthening crusade that Big Sam is on.

On sadder matters Anelka has confirmed he will be staying with Bolton for at least another season with moves to the Toon, Arsenal and Juve not being to his ultimate satisfaction and the availability of Martins to two of the mentioned clubs confusing the issue. On the striking front the deal of the summer has to be Torres to Liverpool, which might be a huge miscalculation for Benny Bennitez of Top Cat fame….Where will the excuses come from now Rafa my dear?

Lastly and with respect to the board invasions from Lancastrians wouldn’t it be rather jolly if we stole Bentley from under your noses?

Keep singing in the rain.

Parkenstien.

www.newcastle-online.com

If we go 3-5-2 (as has been rumoured) this would be sexy ...

-----------------------------------Given--------------------------------------

----------------Beye-------------Taylor--------------Heinze--------------

----------------------Barton-------------------Diarra------------------------

------Geremi------------------------------------------------------Bridge-----

-------------------------------------Deco------------------------------------

--------------------------Owen-------------Viduka----------------------------

Jesus christ, just come back from a weekend away from any football news to see this. I'm godsmacked. Would be an awesome signing.

Eto'o is surely just rubbish though, he's probably the best striker in the world ffs and we're not even in Europe. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Eto'o is surely just rubbish though, he's probably the best striker in the world ffs and we're not even in Europe. :lol:

I hear 'get-out clauses' are useful in this kind of a situation.

Guest 22bnw

Deco decamps Neu Camp?

Word is spreading like wildfire that the mini-maestro Deco (Eduard Gonazales Etudendiates Vasco de Gama Suarez Soduku) is heading for the toon for a medical this week. Phones have been ‘off da hook’ reagarding these developments and leading officiando sites are carrying the story. There is no smoke without fire they say and we all wait with baited breadth for fruther developments. As they say in Spain: “Primero fue Gudjohnsen, después Edmilson pese a estar lesionado, y ahora le ha tocado el turno a Deco.” Roughly translated in my Cerveza ordering Spanish that means that Earth God Ashley and his cohorts have reavealed their interest for these players of proven quality and although Deco is currently the talk of the toon, I wouldn’t discount the appearance of the Nordic warrrior Gudjohnsen either with Edmilson injury worries deferring any agreement till Janurary.

Shorey still hasn’t signed a new deal which has been on offer by our reckoning for three weeks now, rekindling links again with Newcastle who it is clear now wll not sign Baines (size does matter), and on this subject there is still talk of £5m on the table for a Chelsea left back. Meanwhile Beye, Wes Brown and Luke Young still remain viable deals in the squad strengthening crusade that Big Sam is on.

On sadder matters Anelka has confirmed he will be staying with Bolton for at least another season with moves to the Toon, Arsenal and Juve not being to his ultimate satisfaction and the availability of Martins to two of the mentioned clubs confusing the issue. On the striking front the deal of the summer has to be Torres to Liverpool, which might be a huge miscalculation for Benny Bennitez of Top Cat fame….Where will the excuses come from now Rafa my dear?

Lastly and with respect to the board invasions from Lancastrians wouldn’t it be rather jolly if we stole Bentley from under your noses?

Parkenstien.

www.newcastle-online.com

Sodoku? Eh? Whats the joke lol? If it isn't a joke his name is Anderson Luis de Souza.  ;D

Deco decamps Neu Camp?

Word is spreading like wildfire that the mini-maestro Deco (Eduard Gonazales Etudendiates Vasco de Gama Suarez Soduku) is heading for the toon for a medical this week. Phones have been ?off da hook? reagarding these developments and leading officiando sites are carrying the story. There is no smoke without fire they say and we all wait with baited breadth for fruther developments. As they say in Spain: ?Primero fue Gudjohnsen, después Edmilson pese a estar lesionado, y ahora le ha tocado el turno a Deco.? Roughly translated in my Cerveza ordering Spanish that means that Earth God Ashley and his cohorts have reavealed their interest for these players of proven quality and although Deco is currently the talk of the toon, I wouldn?t discount the appearance of the Nordic warrrior Gudjohnsen either with Edmilson injury worries deferring any agreement till Janurary.

Shorey still hasn?t signed a new deal which has been on offer by our reckoning for three weeks now, rekindling links again with Newcastle who it is clear now wll not sign Baines (size does matter), and on this subject there is still talk of £5m on the table for a Chelsea left back. Meanwhile Beye, Wes Brown and Luke Young still remain viable deals in the squad strengthening crusade that Big Sam is on.

On sadder matters Anelka has confirmed he will be staying with Bolton for at least another season with moves to the Toon, Arsenal and Juve not being to his ultimate satisfaction and the availability of Martins to two of the mentioned clubs confusing the issue. On the striking front the deal of the summer has to be Torres to Liverpool, which might be a huge miscalculation for Benny Bennitez of Top Cat fame?.Where will the excuses come from now Rafa my dear?

Lastly and with respect to the board invasions from Lancastrians wouldn?t it be rather jolly if we stole Bentley from under your noses?

Parkenstien.

www.newcastle-online.com

Sodoku? Eh? Whats the joke lol? If it isn't a joke his name is Anderson Luis de Souza.  ;D

Close. :blush: :laugh:

;)

Guest niina

Good news if Deco come here, he will add creativity in our midfield :)

Not sure about Eto'o, tho ;)

Or the optimists Team

If only lol.

Although the team looks immense, I think they are achievable targets.  Except Etoo.

It looks a bit narrow to me.  Barton and Emre aren't going to play the flanks and Heinze isn't attacking enough to do it on his own.

Why play with wingers when you have Etoo and Owen up front?  There is enough creativity in midfield to enable us to go through the middle.  I am sure Etoo and Owen would be happy to have balls threaded through the centre rather than crosses!

Guest Verlaine

Or the optimists Team

If only lol.

Why play with wingers when you have Etoo and Owen up front?  There is enough creativity in midfield to enable us to go through the middle.  I am sure Etoo and Owen would be happy to have balls threaded through the centre rather than crosses!

Alright then, Cryuff. How do you suggest making the space to thread balls through the middle if there's absolutely no width to stretch the defence?

I just rolled out of bed to this rumour! I'm floored. I don't want to get my hopes up too high without this being confirmed, but..... :celb:

Anyways, I think that Barton could fit in nicely as a holding midfielder, if we bring Deco in. So, realistically, I think our squad could end up looking like this:

-----------------Given---------------

--Geremi---Roz---Taylor---Heinze?

----------------Barton---------------

---Milner------Deco-------Duff----

--------Viduka--------Owen-------

But Milner can play on both sides, correct? We might end up in a situation where he goes in on the left, and Dyer comes in on the right, with the current squad as it is. Of course, if we're signing guys like Deco, Milner quickly becomes the weakest link, and we'll probably have to find someone better.

Or the optimists Team

If only lol.

Alright then, Cryuff. How do you suggest making the space to thread balls through the middle if there's absolutely no width to stretch the defence?

Well you need 2 mobile strikers which we would have and  at least a couple of players with good vision.  If Emre, Barton and Deco bomb forward you will drag at least 1 of their midfielders backwards to track Deco and the fullbacks will tuck in to track Barton and Emre.   One of your strikers drags a centreback out to the wing  leaving a one on one for one of your strikers.  Deco, Barton or Emre slides the ball in behind and one of your strikers uses his pace to beat the man as their will be no covering CB.  Alternatively both of your strikers drag the cb's onto the wings leaving no CB's and at least one of Deco, Barton or Emre would break from their marker.  There are many permutations but It will take too long.  But you would probably be better with a leftback like Bridge enabling him and Geremi to bomb into the open space left by the fulbacks tracking barton and Emre.

It would require alot of movement but defenders woiuld hate playing against it as they would get extremely tired extremely quickly.

Why are people suggesting all these diamond midfields and three man defences? Deco has played his whole career in a 3 man central midfield, at Porto, Barcelona and with Portugal. Allardyce has always stuck by this formation as well. So we've got a manager who loves 4-3-3/5-5-1 whose star signing could be a star totally suited to that formation, and suddenly people are going on about formations unfamiliar to both the player and manager. If Deco signs, we'll be playing 4-3-3, I'm sure of that.

Owen doesn't run around much and Eto'o isn't coming. Apart from that though....

mackems.gif

I am sure Owen is capable of pulling a central defender out to the wing.  It's more about me trying to prove you can play without wingers provided you have the correct players in central midfield and a solid gameplan. 

Why are people suggesting all these diamond midfields and three man defences? Deco has played his whole career in a 3 man central midfield, at Porto, Barcelona and with Portugal. Allardyce has always stuck by this formation as well. So we've got a manager who loves 4-3-3/5-5-1 whose star signing could be a star totally suited to that formation, and suddenly people are going on about formations unfamiliar to both the player and manager. If Deco signs, we'll be playing 4-3-3, I'm sure of that.

at last!

Guest Verlaine

Or the optimists Team

If only lol.

Well you need 2 mobile strikers which we would have and  at least a couple of players with good vision.  If Emre, Barton and Deco bomb forward you will drag at least 1 of their midfielders backwards to track Deco and the fullbacks will tuck in to track Barton and Emre.   One of your strikers drags a centreback out to the wing  leaving a one on one for one of your strikers.  Deco, Barton or Emre slides the ball in behind and one of your strikers uses his pace to beat the man as their will be no covering CB.  Alternatively both of your strikers drag the cb's onto the wings leaving no CB's and at least one of Deco, Barton or Emre would break from their marker.  There are many permutations but It will take too long.  But you would probably be better with a leftback like Bridge enabling him and Geremi to bomb into the open space left by the fulbacks tracking barton and Emre.

It would require alot of movement but defenders woiuld hate playing against it as they would get extremely tired extremely quickly.

So basically it's a choice between no width or no midfield?

Come on man we are just messing about.  I think we all realise these systems won't be used.  Yes you are probably right, 433 is the way we will go.  Doesn't mean you can't discuss other systems.

Or the optimists Team

If only lol.

So basically it's a choice between no width or no midfield?

I wouldn't say that when you have 4 central midfielders in your side.  Explain why you suggest we will have no midfield because the midfield is dynamic.  Do you want them to stand still and wait for the ball (remember only one player can have the ball at any one time) or make runs and create some space?