Been offered Deco and enquired about Eto'o...according to The Journal.

Guest DavB93

I've got a good feeling about this, if it's true. Deco could be our Beardsley - someone to get the whole team buzzing. Despite his appearance, I think he's also a tough little sod who could handle the Premiership. Unlike Luque, if he were to get a whack, he'd give it back.

I've got a good feeling about this, if it's true. Deco could be our Beardsley - someone to get the whole team buzzing. Despite his appearance, I think he's also a tough little sod who could handle the Premiership. Unlike Luque, if he were to get a whack, he'd give it back.

If Deco does get a whack he'll be straight on the floor, hopefully Geremi can take advantage of the situation with his dead ball ability.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread is pure gold.

People who wouldn't be 100% for the signings of Eto'o and Deco, please stop watching football right now.  Forever.

Let's be honest, Newcastle United is too big a club for either of these players.  ;D

People who wouldn't be 100% for the signings of Eto'o and Deco, please stop watching football right now.  Forever.

I can certainly say I don't want cheating scumbags in our team... and Deco is one of biggest serial divers in the game. He can find another club if he wants a move.

I can certainly say I don't want cheating scumbag in our team... and Deco is one of biggest serial divers in the game. He can find another club if he wants a move.

But it is Deco!

Seriously!

Well obviously it would be fucking awesome if we got these two, but i'd only go for Eto'o if we got Owen off the wage bill first.

Deco would be a fantastic signing any way you look at it imo.

Guest Dr. Pongle

I can certainly say I don't want cheating scumbags in our team... and Deco is one of biggest serial divers in the game. He can find another club if he wants a move.

Yup, one of the best players on the planet but not for us. Not if he dives. No way.

If Deco does get a whack he'll be straight on the floor, hopefully Geremi can take advantage of the situation with his dead ball ability.

Deco's got even better dead ball ability don't forget.

Yup, one of the best players on the planet but not for us. Not if he dives. No way.

Sam wouldn't allow that imo. Anyway who gives a fuck at the end of the day?! If he wins a dodgy pen to win us a tight game, I certainly won't be complaining.

but i'd only go for Eto'o if we got Owen off the wage bill first.

If and its a big IF, we go for Eto'o and are keeping Owen, I wouldn't be worried about the wage bill.  Ashley & Mort know the crack. 

Its not Shepherd anymore.

I take it the people who wouldn't be insanely excited at even the thought of signing Eto'o don't watch La Liga and are still judging him by how he played against us for Mallorca?

He's the world's best striker, ffs.  Have a word.

Sam wouldn't allow that imo. Anyway who gives a fuck at the end of the day?! If he wins a dodgy pen to win us a tight game, I certainly won't be complaining.

Gerraway man, Bolton have been serial divers over the years.

Really? Can't say I've watched that much of them over the years. Oh well anway, it's not like our opponents wouldn't have players who would do the exact same in that situation.

Sam wouldn't allow that imo. Anyway who gives a f*** at the end of the day?! If he wins a dodgy pen to win us a tight game, I certainly won't be complaining.

Really? Can't say I've watched that much of them over the years. Oh well anway, it's not like our opponents wouldn't have players who would do the exact same in that situation.

Diouf?

it's not like our opponents wouldn't have players who would do the exact same in that situation.

:rolleyes: the old "they'd do the same so let's go there too" ...we've been round this debate already... Personally i'd be disgusted if we won a game thanks to a diving scumbag of our own. People who condone it have no right to complain when we fall victim to it.

Signing someone like Deco would be a sure way to see that happen on a regular basis :(

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5885/decko6tpde4.gif

There's no chance we'll get Eto'o. Maybe we cheekily asked them if Henry's arrival means they'll listen to offers, but more likely it's journalistic bollocks.

I think the Deco story has legs to it for the following reasons:

- Shepherd and Allardyce personally flew out to Barcelona to sort a deal, that suggests something big because they don't normally do that.

- The local rags have been claiming we have a large pot of money to spend, yet we've hardly touched a penny of it.

- The local rags have also claimed their club insiders claim a "big" signing could be on the horizon.

- Allardyce disappears from our training camp in Austria all of a sudden for two days just as the Deco stories appear.

- There has been no denial from the club on any of the Barca links. Edmilson/Gudjohnsen may have been a smokescreen. Normally with such persistent links to a couple of high profile names, we'd have heard something by now. The local rags are persistently linking us with these Barcelona players at a time when all other rumours have gone quiet.

- nufc.com are also quoting their own sources as saying a medical could be done this week. They've been more cautious in recent years and usually only suggest this stuff when they're confident a deal will go through. They've largely ignored the rumours about Gudjohnsen and sneered at the Edmilson rumour, yet they've taken this story on.

it's not like our opponents wouldn't have players who would do the exact same in that situation.

:rolleyes: the old "they'd do the same so let's go there too" ...we've been round this debate already... Personally i'd be disgusted if we won a game thanks to a diving scumbag of our own. People who condone it have no right to complain when we fall victim to it.

Signing someone like Deco would be a sure way to see that happen on a regular basis :(

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5885/decko6tpde4.gif

I'd love it, there's nothing better than winning from a last minute penalty after a dive :D