Been offered Deco and enquired about Eto'o...according to The Journal.

Guest DavB93

ohmelads has clearly set out why this story has legs.

Deco is a phenomenal player. I'm glad that idiots who think we shouldnt sign him as he is a diver are just fuckwits on an internet board and not in football.

Presume they would turn down Drogba too  mackems.gif

Guest Verlaine

I can't believe some people think he'd come here.

Wow, don't be so NEGATIVE, Dave. You're being STUPID.

Guest Dr. Pongle

At least Deco is good at diving, perhaps he can show Taylor how to make it look more realistic.

And how to disguise a handball.

Guest 22bnw

it's not like our opponents wouldn't have players who would do the exact same in that situation.

:rolleyes: the old "they'd do the same so let's go there too" ...we've been round this debate already... Personally i'd be disgusted if we won a game thanks to a diving scumbag of our own. People who condone it have no right to complain when we fall victim to it.

Signing someone like Deco would be a sure way to see that happen on a regular basis :(

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5885/decko6tpde4.gif

and this.... <Snip. Rules out the window all of a sudden?>

I take it the people who wouldn't be insanely excited at even the thought of signing Eto'o don't watch La Liga and are still judging him by how he played against us for Mallorca?

He's the world's best striker, ffs.  Have a word.

OMG IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH MY OPINION YOU'RE SO STUPID.

Well, uh.. yeah.  If you don't want Eto'o you ARE stupid.

Guest Verlaine

I take it the people who wouldn't be insanely excited at even the thought of signing Eto'o don't watch La Liga and are still judging him by how he played against us for Mallorca?

I think the majority aren't so excited because it's never going to fucking happen. If you think he'd ever come here, then you belong in a home, tbh. It'd be like walking around telling everyone how excited you are about the chance you may have of boning Ludivine Sagnier.

Two best players in the Premieship last season were also two of the worst divers.

I know it's not ideal, but it's the way the game has gone these days.

Nice guys finish last in big business, which is what football has become sadly.

tbh, Drogba only dived once last season and I watched 90% of Chelsea games

He's the world's best striker, ffs.   Have a word.

I think the majority aren't so excited because it's never going to fucking happen. If you think he'd ever come here, then you belong in a home, tbh. It'd be like walking around telling everyone how excited you are about the chance you may have of boning Ludivine Sagnier.

:lol:

Ah the long nights with Madame Sagnier.

Guest NUFC4

Two best players in the Premieship last season were also two of the worst divers.

haha that's the bigest crock of shit i've ever heard, drogba wouldn't know how to play if he didn't dive

Who's excited?  The question point blank is would you want Deco here.  Those saying "no" are retards who should be shot into the sun. 

tbh

haha that's the bigest crock of shit i've ever heard, drogba wouldn't know how to play if he didn't dive

Back at ya. Re Drogs

Guest Verlaine

I think the majority aren't so excited because it's never going to f****** happen. If you think he'd ever come here, then you belong in a home, tbh. It'd be like walking around telling everyone how excited you are about the chance you may have of boning Ludivine Sagnier.

Who's excited?  The question point blank is would you want Deco here.  Those saying "no" are retards who should be shot into the sun. 

tbh

No it's not. Go and join the 'can't read' club.

i would love to sign either deco or heinze who has also been linked

or both of them  :D ... we would have signed the most good players in one pre-season that ive ever saw

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I don't think Drogba has ever dived. People need to realise when you're going that fast it is easy to get toppled over. He is very top heavy as well which I believe leads to him being felled a lot. He is a very respectable man I kn ow this from going to matches and speaking at him, I believe the accusations of diving are misplaced

Anyone with any objections to Deco being here needs a slap in he face if we're being honest.

Type of player that really makes a team tick, a playmaker that we've needed for fucking years. Be interesting to see what sort of system we'd employ if Deco came in, but you can imagine it'd include a 3-man midfield.

Deco, Barton and a real proper powerhouse DM is the type of midfield that we could only dream about a year ago.

I don't think Drogba has ever dived. People need to realise when you're going that fast it is easy to get toppled over. He is very top heavy as well which I believe leads to him being felled a lot. He is a very respectable man I kn ow this from going to matches and speaking at him, I believe the accusations of diving are misplaced

Type: drogba "sometimes i dive"

into youtube

Type: drogba "sometimes i dive"

into youtube

You do realise who you're talking to, right? :lol:

Guest TrEe

WTF How can people  not want one of the worlds best mifeilder and striker???? Deco and Eto'o would transform our team big time!!!

Sadly there is no chance in hell we will get Eto'o as he is in the top 5 strikers in the world! but if there is a tiny chance we can get Deco we should go for it as soon as possible, when was the last time we had a true attacking midfeiler with his passing and vision?

Anyone with any objections to Deco being here needs a slap in he face if we're being honest.

NE5 and HTL don't want him, I think they're struggling to get over Shepherd tbh. :(

Deco, Barton and Emre for two AM positions sounds alright to me. If Butt gets injured we can bring Geremi (or Rozehnal, apparently) into DM or play Emre or Barton there. We're lacking proper DM cover but we can't have the perfect squad and we need to keep players happy and fighting for positions. If we did go for a DM it'd have to be someone young who would be happy to wait his turn, because we'll have a shocking number of players challenging for those 5 midfield positions.

If we sign Deco every penny after that must go into defence IMO.