Been offered Deco and enquired about Eto'o...according to The Journal.

Guest DavB93

I don't think Drogba has ever dived. People need to realise when you're going that fast it is easy to get toppled over. He is very top heavy as well which I believe leads to him being felled a lot. He is a very respectable man I kn ow this from going to matches and speaking at him, I believe the accusations of diving are misplaced

Type: drogba "sometimes i dive"

into youtube

You do realise who you're talking to, right? :lol:

yeah I know he was joking I was backing him up, for once :lol:

Guest Dr. Pongle

Deco, Barton and Emre for two AM positions sounds alright to me. If Butt gets injured we can bring Geremi (or Rozehnal, apparently) into DM or play Emre or Barton there. We're lacking proper DM cover but we can't have the perfect squad and we need to keep players happy and fighting for positions. If we did go for a DM it'd have to be someone young who would be happy to wait his turn, because we'll have a shocking number of players challenging for those 5 midfield positions.

If we sign Deco every penny after that must go into defence IMO.

Emre is shite. Barton and Deco in the middle will do nicely.

Deco, Barton and Emre for two AM positions sounds alright to me. If Butt gets injured we can bring Geremi (or Rozehnal, apparently) into DM or play Emre or Barton there. We're lacking proper DM cover but we can't have the perfect squad and we need to keep players happy and fighting for positions. If we did go for a DM it'd have to be someone young who would be happy to wait his turn, because we'll have a shocking number of players challenging for those 5 midfield positions.

Nicky Butt? was excellent last season at DM

Agree, I'd like to see us bring in a young, promising DM who can compete with Butt though. Wouldn't feel comfortable with Emre or Barton even filling in that role.

Get in Deco and a qulaity LB and CB and with a bit of luck we'll have an outside chance of Top 4 next season IMO.

Two best players in the Premieship last season were also two of the worst divers.

I know it's not ideal, but it's the way the game has gone these days.

Nice guys finish last in big business, which is what football has become sadly.

tbh, Drogba only dived once last season and I watched 90% of Chelsea games

haha that's the bigest crock of s*** i've ever heard, drogba wouldn't know how to play if he didn't dive

and how many of his 33 goals last season had anything to do with diving?

to be honest the 'sometimes I dive thing' is a load of bollocks

who on here can say 'i'm not a diver' in French, the guy retracted it straight away with 'i don't dive'

Je suis pas un plongeur or je suis pas une tricheur or Quelque fois, je plonge?

Agree, I'd like to see us bring in a young, promising DM who can compete with Butt though. Wouldn't feel comfortable with Emre or Barton even filling in that role.

Get in Deco and a qulaity LB and CB and with a bit of luck we'll have an outside chance of Top 4 next season IMO.

We will be top 4...Arsenal as I've said all summer are in meltdown.

Guest LFEE

Deco is a fantastic footballer, regardless of his ungainly flaws.

Sorry to rain on the parade but...

I think your definition of fantastic is different to mine. I'd say he was a good footballer. Way overated IMO. Especially in this thread.

to be honest the 'sometimes I dive thing' is a load of bollocks

who on here can say 'i'm not a diver' in French, the guy retracted it straight away with 'i don't dive'

Je suis pas un plongeur or je suis pas une tricheur or Quelque fois, je plonge?

So, in France, a diver is a plonger? (which would be pronounced much like plunger?) :lol:

I think your definition of fantastic is different to mine. I'd say he was a good footballer. Way overated IMO. Especially in this thread.

Underrated imo, Deco has been the player that has made Barcelona "tick" as it were over the last few years, obviously the players scoring the goals (Ronaldinho,Messi,Eto'o) take most of the credit.

Barca might actually miss Deco next year.

While the 4 of Etoo', Henry, Messi and Ronaldinho is obviously loaded with talent, there is a chance they might not gel all that well.

You need at least one of the four to be willing to play deep, to link midfield to attack. Messi and Ronaldinho, for me, are a shade wasted in that role as they're best in and around the box creating and scoring goals.

With that attacking 4 they'll need 2 CM's that are able to get the defensive side of things done, so you wonder who the playmaker is going to be. Suppose Iniesta or Xavi (whoever gets the start) will be expected to do it all.

Just think things might not be as smooth for Barca next year as some people think.

Personally don't see why they don't just keep Deco and rotate the 5 in the 4 attacking positions.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Underrated imo, Deco has been the player that has made Barcelona "tick" as it were over the last few years, obviously the players scoring the goals (Ronaldinho,Messi,Eto'o) take most of the credit.

Aye, probably why they're trying to sell him.

Getting Lampard perhaps?

Arsenal still better than us despite Henry going

van Persie, Walcott, Fabresgas, Toure, Rosicky, Senderos would ALL walk into our team tbh.

Guest exilim

He's easily portugal's best AM at his peak, not that underrated is he?

Probably a slow developer like carrick, maybe souness was right at that point of time.

Over the last few years... as in the past ;)

He's easily portugal's best AM at his peak, not that underrated is he?

Probably a slow developer like carrick, maybe souness was right at that point of time.

?

Guest Dr. Pongle

Well he hasn't made them tick in the future.

Arsenal still better than us despite Henry going

van Persie, Walcott, Fabresgas, Toure, Rosicky, Senderos would ALL walk into our team tbh.

You don't know what our team will be yet tho do you? :parky:

And your point is? i was talking about the past, like i said.

Guest Dr. Pongle

My point is why are Barcelona trying to sell him if he'd made them tick in the past few years?

My point is why are Barcelona trying to sell him if he'd made them tick in the past few years?

Because he's going on 30? they've just signed Henry to increase their attacking options? they've already got Xavi who can play that role?