Dirk Kuyt (now retired)

Guest DMan

Guest Toon83

Kuyt has shown at this world cup that he doesnt have what it takes in my opinion, and although he has only played two full games, he just doesn't look like he is up to the standard that he has been rated at by some many people.

he was made to look ordinary by Meira and Carvalho, but did never give up the cause, and kept going until the end of the match, but he has shown me, and hopefully Alan Shearer, that he is not worth the gamble of £10+ and it would be a gamble, which Newcastle are not in the position to do at the moment, as they need a player who is proven at premiership level, and i may have to finally bow down to the fact that if RVN is available he is the much better option given hos premiership experience.

Guest Anders Rye

Kuyt had some dodgy first touches, as someone has stated about Kuyt earlier too. I don't think he had his best game tonight, should have scored one, but who would want Owen after this world cup(before his injury). I would be very happy if we signed Kuyt, and after these games I think his value has decreased a lot, so 6 og 7 millions should be possible. I think he is very suited to the premiership, his workrate is amazing. Put him next to a fast striker like Camara/Milner next season and were off!

Guest TheOrder

:lol:

Jesus wept!

Seriously some of you need to have a word with yourselves.

Well said Wullie.

He just needed another target man next to him IMO. He was working wide like Shearer did when playing alongside Ferdinand, sent some good balls in.

His hold up play wasnt great. Could see him working well alongside Viduka for some strange reason. In the first half i thought he was like Bellamy without the pace, sticking wide and hassling alot.

not a £12m player this world cup though. We will have to see if we can get him for less, would certainly take him though, he has heart and determination, whilst he might not have the skills to get defenders knickers in a twist he has power and will play for the shirt.

Kuyt, Defoe and Viduka on the cheap would be fantastic.

Based on what I saw today (which admittedly is not a fair assessment), I'd take RVN over Kuyt anyday.

No shit! :lol:

That wouldn't have anything to do with RvN doing it consistently here for years would it? :lol:

I want a woosh.

Before Owen's injury, Kuyt would have been a greatplayer - more of a Bellamy than a Shearer. But we need a goalscorer, and I'm not sure that Kuyt can fulfil this role.

The plan is to sign 2 strikers though isn't it? The first as a replacement for Shearer who can work well in a partnership with Owen and the second as a stop gap player until Owen is fit again.

Kuijt would make an excellent long term partner for Owen blueyes.gif

Guest Gemmill

Some fucking idiots knocking about like.  Seen the lad play once and they know all there is to know about him.

Based on what I saw today (which admittedly is not a fair assessment), I'd take RVN over Kuyt anyday.

based on what i have seen over the last 5 years, i would take henry over kuyt anysay.

Guest Toon83

Some fucking idiots knocking about like.  Seen the lad play once and they know all there is to know about him.

i seen him play most of last season, and in the world cup, but still dont think he is worth the gamble, as he is unproven at the highest level, and although he may have scored alot of goals for feyenoord, Kezman scored over 40 goals in a season in Holland, for PSV, and look whats happened to him.

For me, like i have said, he is just not worth the risk of spending another £10m+ on someone who may not cut it in the premiership.

But its all about opinions and everybody has one

Some fucking idiots knocking about like. Seen the lad play once and they know all there is to know about him.

I know, but thats the majority of football fans for ya :(

tbh Kuyt having a less fantastic WC could be good for us as we wont have to pay over the odds for him.

Guest Bellers

Kuyt wasn't as bad as people are making out, at least he tried. His preformance in the WC certainly doesn't warrent a ten million pound price tag, but his league form most definetly does.

Some fucking idiots knocking about like. Seen the lad play once and they know all there is to know about him.

i seen him play most of last season, and in the world cup, but still dont think he is worth the gamble, as he is unproven at the highest level, and although he may have scored alot of goals for feyenoord, Kezman scored over 40 goals in a season in Holland, for PSV, and look whats happened to him.

For me, like i have said, he is just not worth the risk of spending another £10m+ on someone who may not cut it in the premiership.

Kezman failed because he didnt have the physical presence for the premiership and Chelsea's style of play, kuyt is more ideal for the prem than the eredivise imo

Guest Toon83

Kezman failed because he didnt have the physical presence for the premiership and Chelsea's style of play, kuyt is more ideal for the prem than the eredivise imo

its all about opinions, and i respect yours, but mine is that he is not worth the gamble because there is a chance that he may not cut it in the premiership, and we should go for a proven premiership striker, is all i'm saying

Guest SCF08

I dont really like the all the comparisons to Mateja Kezman that EVERY EGLISHMAN MAKES. I guess Kezman is the only highly rated striker that has failed coming out of the Dutch League 

What about Ronaldo , Romario , Van Nistelrooy , Bergkamp , Makaay , Van Hooijdonk , Cruz , Ibrahimovic , Henrik Larsson and tons of others in the past 10 years ?????

Those players have done pretty well for themselves

Kuyt is so much different to Mateja Kezman. Kezman is a small fragile goalpoacher while Kuyt is the son of Alan Shearer. Those 2 are so much the same , only difference is that Kuyt creates goals as well....

Guest Living Legend

I dont really like the all the comparisons to Mateja Kezman that EVERY EGLISHMAN MAKES. I guess Kezman is the only highly rated striker that has failed coming out of the Dutch League 

What about Ronaldo , Romario , Van Nistelrooy , Bergkamp , Makaay , Van Hooijdonk , Cruz , Ibrahimovic , Henrik Larsson and tons of others in the past 10 years ?????

Those players have done pretty well for themselves

Kuyt is so much different to Mateja Kezman. Kezman is a small fragile goalpoacher while Kuyt is the son of Alan Shearer. Those 2 are so much the same , only difference is that Kuyt creates goals as well....

I've been saying the same. Always comparing to Kezman, it's ridicilous.

I say sign him.

its all about opinions, and i respect yours, but mine is that he is not worth the gamble because there is a chance that he may not cut it in the premiership, and we should go for a proven premiership striker, is all i'm saying

but where's the risk in that?

i'm thinking back to the summer of 2001

Judging a player on two games, one against the best team in the tournament and the other a poor team performance against a pretty solid portugal side, is just beyond belief in all honesty. Granted, you can only go off what you've seen, but to pass a player off as "not good enough" on the basis of TWO matches, as some are, is just absolutely incredible.

Fact is, Kuyt coming here probably WOULD be a mistake. Not because of a lack of ability. But because the slightly more moronic section of our fanbase wouldn't even give him a chance to prove himself before wanting him out of the door.