Time to show your hand Mr. Ashley

Guest Guinness

if you seriously think that someone who is a majority shareholder allows someone with less shares to run a multi million pound industry in the way they see fit, you have a serious problem.

That wasn't me quoting myself, I was quoting Shepherd who was complaining that HE couldn’t run the club, HE not THEM.  He also said that HE wasn't prepared to put up with it.

Are you calling him a liar?

If Allardyce is successful, who will you credit ?

If he isn't, who will you blame ?

Why don't you answer ? Are you stupid, can you read  mackems.gif

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport4.shtml

TOONED UP RON

NEWCASTLE have made a sensational enquiry about FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho.

The Toon asked about the Brazil star's availability during ongoing discussions with Barcelona over possible transfer targets.

But billionaire owner Mike Ashley was told the Nou Camp playmaker, 27, would cost a staggering £58million. A Magpies source said: "Mike is a billionaire but it remains to be seen whether even he would sanction a deal of that magnitude."

Ashley wants a global superstar to signal his intent after his £130m St James' takeover.

The Toon do hope to sign Manchester United's Argie defender Gabriel Heinze, 29.

Very reliable imo. Would be a very good player, seriously its starting to get ridiculous.

Perhaps, but I think he meant a right back, two centre backs and a left back. I think he intends to keep Babayaro and work on his fitness (that's what he's said anyway).

I think we need two centre backs, as I don't see Ramage as remotely good enough cover. He's currently our 3rd choice CB and I don't want to see him anywhere near the first team.

My mate was saying that he'd heard that Allardyce was interested in Phillip Lahm but I've seen nothing anywhere about us and him being linked.  I'd love that one to come true but can't see it happening.

Also, it's still very much early days in the transfer market. Who'd have thought on July 15th, 2005 when we'd only signed Parker & Emre, that that we'd have spent £26m in the last week on Owen, Luque & Solano?

yeah i get your point,just with wahts going on around us it's like we're being left behind a bit.

I agree that other clubs are making big strides. But look at it this way;

How many deals have taken place where you think we've missed out on a good player, moving for a reasonable price, to a team we could've realistically challenged for that player?  ???

Not too many spring to mind. I mean, Sidwell and Ben Haim were strongly linked with us, but both went to Chelsea (no brainer really). Bakari Sagna was also strongly linked, but choose Arsenal. Even beyond players we've been widely linked with, some say we should've gone for Grosso (went to Lyon, CL every year, guranteed trophies) or Metzelder (Real Madrid...).

I'm not saying I'm happy with us not strengthening the defence as quickly as I'd hoped, but I just think some on here are typically knee-jerk as soon as the slightest time goes by without a signing. I personally think we've all been spoiled for excitement over the last 2 months, and we all need to relax a bit. As has been said before, many times, Rome wasn't built in a day. We many only get in, what some may consider to be, squad players like Quedrue or Young this Summer, but those two are a significant improvement on our current incumbents. This then lets us re-evaluate the team next summer or even in January...

All that being said, I'm convinced that we'll have at least one player come in that the majority of fans are over the moon about...

if you seriously think that someone who is a majority shareholder allows someone with less shares to run a multi million pound industry in the way they see fit, you have a serious problem.

That wasn't me quoting myself, I was quoting Shepherd who was complaining that HE couldn’t run the club, HE not THEM.  He also said that HE wasn't prepared to put up with it.

:rolleyes:

I answered that question the first time you asked, now answer the one above. 

Also, it's still very much early days in the transfer market. Who'd have thought on July 15th, 2005 when we'd only signed Parker & Emre, that that we'd have spent £26m in the last week on Owen, Luque & Solano?

yeah i get your point,just with wahts going on around us it's like we're being left behind a bit.

I agree that other clubs are making big strides. But look at it this way;

How many deals have taken place where you think we've missed out on a good player, moving for a reasonable price, to a team we could've realistically challenged for that player?  ???

Not too many spring to mind. I mean, Sidwell and Ben Haim were strongly linked with us, but both went to Chelsea (no brainer really). Bakari Sagna was also strongly linked, but choose Arsenal. Even beyond players we've been widely linked with, some say we should've gone for Grosso (went to Lyon, CL every year, guranteed trophies) or Metzelder (Real Madrid...).

I'm not saying I'm happy with us not strengthening the defence as quickly as I'd hoped, but I just think some on here are typically knee-jerk as soon as the slightest time goes by without a signing. I personally think we've all been spoiled for excitement over the last 2 months, and we all need to relax a bit. As has been said before, many times, Rome wasn't built in a day. We many only get in, what some may consider to be, squad players like Quedrue or Young this Summer, but those two are a significant improvement on our current incumbents. This then lets us re-evaluate the team next summer or even in January...

All that being said, I'm convinced that we'll have at least one player come in that the majority of fans are over the moon about...

you're probably right...........................but if we don't sign good full backs and another centre half i'll fill your pm box with so much crap out of spite.

I really couldn't give a toss. I don't see your reply. The simple fact is, you're so stupid and wrapped up in the fact that you hate Shepherd because he's made a few daft comments in the press, you actually think anyone who doesn't do that would be a better chairman of the football club. We won't even mention the fact that he was never the major shareholder so never had the final decision on anything, you just continue to believe what you like if it makes you happy.

You are also so stupid you don't even acknowledge that the 3 consecutive top 5 finishes in the last 50 years is a fact, presumably as you are dying to get people to say its all been a huge failure in comparison to the decades spent being real also rans and cannon fodder for the clubs with real ambition.

Absolutely hilarious. A true Keegan bandwagon jumper if ever I saw one.

mackems.gif

If Allardyce is succesful, who will you credit ? If he isn;t who will you blame ?

Simple fact is, we all know the answer already, such is your blind hatred and stupidity.

I really couldn't give a toss. I don't see your reply. The simple fact is, you're so stupid and wrapped up in the fact that you hate Shepherd because he's made a few daft comments in the press, you actually think anyone who doesn't do that would be a better chairman of the football club. We won't even mention the fact that he was never the major shareholder so never had the final decision on anything, you just continue to believe what you like if it makes you happy.

You are also so stupid you don't even acknowledge that the 3 consecutive top 5 finishes in the last 50 years is a fact, presumably as you are dying to get people to say its all been a huge failure in comparison to the decades spent being real also rans and cannon fodder for the clubs with real ambition.

Absolutely hilarious. A true Keegan bandwagon jumper if ever I saw one.

mackems.gif

If Allardyce is succesful, who will you credit ? If he isn;t who will you blame ?

Simple fact is, we all know the answer already, such is your blind hatred and stupidity.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Grasping at straws again I see, you've made some incredible claims in that post, pathetic and once again avoiding answering a question you don't want to answer. 

Guest optimistic nit

That wasn't me quoting myself, I was quoting Shepherd who was complaining that HE couldnt run the club, HE not THEM.  He also said that HE wasn't prepared to put up with it.

the answer to both are ashley.

if you seriously think that someone who is a majority shareholder allows someone with less shares to run a multi million pound industry in the way they see fit, yo u have a serious problem.

That wasn't me quoting myself, I was quoting Shepherd who was complaining that HE couldnt run the club, HE not THEM.  He also said that HE wasn't prepared to put up with it.

Correct - because Ashley will give Allardyce a free rein(within reason)to run the team as he wishes, and that INCLUDES recruitment /disposal of players which was a privilege NOT granted at ALL TIMES to his managers by Shepherd ; note I said ALL times....!

I doubt that Ashley would enforce a player on Allardyce simply because HE thought it was an eye-catching deal, but that remains to be seen - what is NOT in doubt is that Ashley is going to have a more professional approach and personal gain is not a major issue with him - he's got more than enough already.

Ashley may well want a 'shirt-seller' at some stage, hopefully his team would identify a list of players that would all qualify as a global name and let Sam name a 1, 2, 3 choice.

Done that way Ashley gets a player in black and white that sells shirts worldwide and raises the club profile and Sam gets a player he actually wants or needs.

Don't think it will ever be done the old way again, thank God, the trophy players that were as much about fan appeasement and season ticket sales as anything else.

Ashley may well want a 'shirt-seller' at some stage, hopefully his team would identify a list of players that would all qualify as a global name and let Sam name a 1, 2, 3 choice.

Done that way Ashley gets a player in black and white that sells shirts worldwide and raises the club profile and Sam gets a player he actually wants or needs.

Don't think it will ever be done the old way again, thank God, the trophy players that were as much about fan appeasement and season ticket sales as anything else.

Doesn't Michael Owen (scoring LOTS of goals for us in the coming season) sell shirts worldwide?

Doesn't Michael Owen (scoring LOTS of goals for us in the coming season) sell shirts worldwide?

Don't think he does to be honest. He used to sell England shirts, but most of those are for Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Terry these days. He used to sell Liverpool shirts, but he doesn't play for them any more, and Liverpool were/are a more popular choice of team. Very few will buy an Owen shirt, only a few Newcastle fans, but he isn't a popular choice given that we have never taken to him and that there is no insurance that he'll be here in the long term.

Signing Ronaldinho could make us a cool club people from abroad buying our shirt with Ronaldinho's name on because they admire the player and the club much like people in Britain admire Ronaldinho and Barcelona.

Owen wouldn't have that effect wherever he played.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Wish people would stop going on about signing Ronaldinho. FFS, Paper trash,  why on earth would he want to leave Barca for a team not even in europe ?

Correct - because Ashley will give Allardyce a free rein(within reason)to run the team as he wishes, and that INCLUDES recruitment /disposal of players which was a privilege NOT granted at ALL TIMES to his managers by Shepherd ; note I said ALL times....!

I doubt that Ashley would enforce a player on Allardyce simply because HE thought it was an eye-catching deal, but that remains to be seen - what is NOT in doubt is that Ashley is going to have a more professional approach and personal gain is not a major issue with him - he's got more than enough already.

And now for the core question of this thread, do you KNOW this for a FACT or are you, as I suspect, just PRESUMING..?

Guest Verlaine

And now for the core question of this thread, do you KNOW this for a FACT or are you, as I suspect, just PRESUMING..?

I'd be perfectly justified asking you the exact same thing about your recent complaining posts.

I'd be perfectly justified asking you the exact same thing about your recent complaining posts.

I'm not presuming anything.. Just looking for some clarification. Do you agree with Merlin (and with him the majority on here it seems, it's just merlin has made the point very explicitely) that Ashley WILL give Allardyce a free rein, WILL have a more professional approach than the previous chairman and WILL NOT be interested in personal gain as he's already got plenty? Or do you agree with me and a few others that WE DON'T KNOW any of this, and we will either have to wait and see what happens (in which case I reserve the right to question developments that seem contradictory to what most people just presume will happen) or Ashley will have to come out and communicate directly with us about what his intentions are..?

Yes - I'm PRESUMING - just as I'm PRESUMING that the sun will come up tomorrow..!

None of us know that for a fact, but its a reasonable assumption - just as reasonable as assuming that a VERY successful modern businessman, who has just paid a king's ransom for a football club with prospects, will allow his managers to do the job themselves - failure to do so will result in the sack but I am willing to bet that Ashley WILL allow Allardyce a crack of the whip...its a matter of personal opinion whether you think he will be better than Shepherd - I happen to think he WILL, but you, of course, are entitled to your own opinion - WHICH IS...!???

People need to be consistant. They need to either believe what the papers say or don't! You can't just moan about the crap players we are being linked to then write off any good players we are being linked to as bollocks when both have the same substance (ie no quotes, no official confirmation from the club that we are even looking at the players..).

Obviously there is more chance we would sign a Quedrue than a Ronaldinho but it comes across as looking for an excuse to moan when people pick and choose which story to believe to back up an argument.

People need to be consistant. They need to either believe what the papers say or don't! You can't just moan about the crap players we are being linked to then write off any good players we are being linked to as bollocks when both have the same substance (ie no quotes, no official confirmation from the club that we are even looking at the players..).

Obviously there is more chance we would sign a Quedrue than a Ronaldinho but it comes across as looking for an excuse to moan when people pick and choose which story to believe to back up an argument.

Not really. I was excited with the Deco and Heinze rumours, disappointed with the Queudrue and Young rumours. That's consistent. The Ronaldinho rumour I just laughed off, because it is ridiculous, just as it would be ridiculous if we were linked with Dwight Yorke.

Anybody who thinks the Ronaldinho rumour has as much chance of being true as the Queudrue rumour is just on the wind up quite frankly. Deco and Heinze may be unrealistic, but there has been talk of both players leaving their clubs, and for the right price we know both clubs would sell, so unlike the Ronaldinho rumour they might have a shred of credibility. If we were linked with Dwight Yorke by the News of the World I wouldn't complain, I'd laugh it off.

Yes - I'm PRESUMING - just as I'm PRESUMING that the sun will come up tomorrow..!

None of us know that for a fact, but its a reasonable assumption - just as reasonable as assuming that a VERY successful modern businessman, who has just paid a king's ransom for a football club with prospects, will allow his managers to do the job themselves - failure to do so will result in the sack but I am willing to bet that Ashley WILL allow Allardyce a crack of the whip...its a matter of personal opinion whether you think he will be better than Shepherd - I happen to think he WILL, but you, of course, are entitled to your own opinion - WHICH IS...!???

I don't have an opinion, but we've not been given much to base an opinion on, which is my point really. A lot of people put a lot of faith in Ashley because he's made a lot of money. In one of the very few articles I have read about him that contained quotes from the very media-shy man himself he admitted to having made bad errors of judgement with the floating of his company, mainly due to the lack of having wanted to do everything himself rather than leaving communication and public relations to the professionals. I would think more fans of this football club would want some assurance that he has learned his lesson, and would want to know how he sees NUFC as a part of his business portfolio. I have read discussions here in the past in which people were all complimenting Barcelona and Schalke on the way the clubs were run, almost as a democracy and certainly with respect to and input from the fans. As it stands, with Ashley we seem to be at the complete opposite of the scale, yet people are happily giving him the benefit of the doubt just because we were so desparate to get Shepherd out, it can't be any worse.. I don't share this optimism yet, not until I see or hear what the plan is anyway. which I think is a more sensible and cautious approach..

Guest Invicta_Toon

you have the same faith in Ashley as in the Sun coming up?

I think that says it all tbh

no you haven't. The simple fact is that, you are so obsessed with blaming Shepherd for it raining, that you really and honestly and stupidly think that the Halls had millions of pounds invested in the football club and allowed someone else to run it as he saw fit.

The answer is above. The highest 3 consecutive positions in over 50 years means that while he was chairman, he did at least the 2nd best job as chairman during that period. Throw in 2 FA Cup Finals which nobody else managed either and you really can't disupte it. Unless of course you are - stupidly going to make something up or ignore these facts, but I expect that you will

You're a joke.  mackems.gif

If Allardyce is successful, who will you credit ? If he isn't, who will you blame ? We know why you don't reply  mackems.gif

if you seriously think that someone who is a majority shareholder allows someone with less shares to run a multi million pound industry in the way they see fit, yo u have a serious problem.

do you know this or are you just saying it because it suits you, like MICK does ?

I don't think you can dispute the 50m that was handed to Souness, and the backing gave when he wanted to peddle Bellamy and Robert, that he was allowed to do what he wanted.

The phrase "within reason" is interesting. I take that to mean when it suited you, you would use it to justify a veto on financial grounds, and equally so to justify "meddling".