Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I like Harper but James is CLEARLY the better keeper. There isn't a debate.

:thup: Too many focussing on the David James of the past. He's a very very good goalkeeper.

No he's not, or we wouldn't be in with a chance of getting him. He's very average.

A loan to Burnley would make sense. So long as he can be recalled at any time.

It will be similar to the Norwich loan deal imo: no recall as it is a season long loan & FF will train at NUFC a few days each week when the games are weekend to weekend with no midweekers in between.

A loan to Burnley would make sense. So long as he can be recalled at any time.

It will be similar to the Norwich loan deal imo: no recall as it is a season long loan & FF will train at NUFC a few days each week when the games are weekend to weekend with no midweekers in between.

That rule doesn't apply to goalkeepers so we could get him back in an emergency.

http://thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/FA%20Handbook%2009%2010/FA_Handbook_Full_Proof_NO_CROP.ashx/FA_Handbook_Full_Proof_NO_CROP.pdf

A Player on long term loan may not be recalled except for a goalkeeper or where the Player is to be transferred permanently by the Club holding his registered contract. A Player other than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club holding his registration after such recall until the end of the Season.

I dont think we will though there has been a lot of hassle over this deal with FF getting the nod over Jenson & Burnley will have him for the season imo.

Aye I think that is how it will turn out, just pointing out that with him being a 'keeper we do have the option of recalling him under the rules and regulations.

I dont think we will though there has been a lot of hassle over this deal with FF getting the nod over Jenson & Burnley will have him for the season imo.

Aye I think that is how it will turn out, just pointing out that with him being a 'keeper we do have the option of recalling him under the rules and regulations.

:thup:

I like Harper but James is CLEARLY the better keeper. There isn't a debate.

:thup: Too many focussing on the David James of the past. He's a very very good goalkeeper.

No he's not, or we wouldn't be in with a chance of getting him. He's very average.

Rubbish. Best English goalkeeper, bar maybe Joe Hart.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Burnley-transfer-news-Clarets-set-to-snap-up-Newcastle-keeper-Fraser-Forster-article530015.html

"Burnley boss Brian Laws will finally clinch a move for Newcastle United keeper Fraser Forster this week - as Chris Hughton ties up Dutch shot-stopper Tim Krul on a new deal.

Forster has met the Clarets and sorted out a one-year loan deal, but he had to wait until the Toon Army made sure that reserve Krul would not be leaving.

Hughton is happy to run with Krul as cover for experienced Steve Harper - and Forster will be allowed to go and improve his football education at Turf Moor."

The Burnley Express is saying the deal is dead because Krul picked up an injury on Saturday and the Journal are saying that the deal is on ice because Harper picked up an injury on Saturday.

fishy very fishy

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/6ft-7in-newcastle-keeper-next-in-neil-lennon-s-sights-1.1049524

Neil Lennon’s hunt for a new goalkeeper has led him to Newcastle United’s Fraser Forster.

The 22-year-old shot-stopper – tipped as a future England No.1 – has come highly recommended to the Celtic boss.

Lennon has made no secret of the fact he is looking for a new goalie and is now attempting to prise the 6ft 7in Forster away from the newly-promoted Premier League side before the end of the transfer window.

SportTimes understands the St James’ Park outfit are extremely reluctant to allow the player to leave either on a permanent basis or even on loan, having previously rebuffed interest from Burnley last month.

However, Celtic hope they will relent and allow him to move to the SPL – and the player himself admits he’d rather be farmed out than cooling his heels on the bench. “I want to be out playing first-team games and getting experience, but obviously it’s up to the manager, and I’ve got to respect his decision,” said Forster.

“If I go out on loan again, that’ll be brilliant. I just want to play football, especially after last year at Norwich.”

Lennon is ready to pull out all the stops to secure his services after receiving glowing reports about the young keeper.

Former Celtic star Paul Lambert – a Parkhead team-mate of Lennon’s – worked with Forster last season at Norwich and is a massive fan.

Forster recorded a record amount of clean sheets in League One for the Canaries and helped them win the title.

But he is likely to start the new season as the third-choice keeper at Newcastle behind Steve Harper and Tim Krul.

Celtic tried to land England’s David James last month, but he decided to sign for Bristol City.

And a move to tempt Republic of Ireland star Shay Given on loan from Manchester City has so far been rebuffed with Arsenal and Fulham also in the hunt

Might be better sending him somewhere where he will be tested a bit more? I mean, Celtic are likely to stroll through a lot of the games up there.

Will help him on his concentration though.

Guest Stephen927

Ideally you want him going to a club of a similar stature but in a different league. That kind of opportunity doesn't crop up often so it would be ideal for him to go on loan to Celtic.

A lot of pressure on the players to win every game, similar to here. Rather him go there, coast a lot of games. Mentally, this should see if he is upto the task to play for a biggish team.

Good move. Hope it materials :thup:

Can´t wait for him or Krul to take over for the joke of goalkeeper we have now with Harps. oh. Have I said yet that I don´t rate Harper at all...?