Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Just hope we don't end up needing him back at SJP...Harper is a bit shaky at pres...hope its just a blip.

Forster has done well at Norwich and if Harps is on the way down he may be ready for the first team.

Guest Heneage

Their keeper has looked really shakey in the handful of games I've seen him in, so hopefully Forster can start, a few Glasgow derbies could do wonders for his confidence and bringing him on as a goalkeeper.

Their keeper has looked really shakey in the handful of games I've seen him in, so hopefully Forster can start, a few Glasgow derbies could do wonders for his confidence and bringing him on as a goalkeeper.

Aye Zaluska (sp) is shite. Forster will go into the starting XI I'd imagine. Although I don't like them doing well be good for him to get some Waffa Cup games under his belt n all.

I hope it is a good move for Forster, although playing for Celtic in the SPL, you wonder if he'll be tested enough.

Suppose it will get him used to performing in front of a 50k+ crowd every other week.

He needs to move out of the second tier, even though Scotland is shit it's more similar to the Premiership for fans, press coverage, pressure etc.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Did we actually sign that 6ft 5in 14 year old keeper from Sweden?

Believe so. Talked to the Swedish Research team and they said he was still at their club but due to leave later next year to start his training at Newcastle.

Be nice if both Carroll and Forster could become stalwarts of the team like, 2 homegrown local players.

Aye, shame most of our other promising youngsters are foreign

Wouldn't bother me them being foreign like if Vuckic and Kadar became first teamers aswell, would save us a lot of money

Good news. Harper will remain number one this year IMO, but next year we should be looking to Krul and Forster to battle it out.

I think Harper will lose his place by the end of this season if I'm honest - or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

His form has been pretty poor in pre-season and for the first couple of competitive games this season as well. His confidence looks shot.

If Forster plays it's an excellent move for us btw. The pressure up there on him will be immense, so we'll get to see if he can cope with it or not.