Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

• 3 weeks later...
Fraser Forster says he will find it difficult to quit Celtic at the end of the season and go back to sitting on a bench at Newcastle United.

Forster will spend the 2010/11 campaign at the Hoops after his loan spell from the English club was extended until the summer.

The 6ft 7in stopper, who kept his 10th clean sheet of the season in the 3-0 win over Hibs on Saturday, is enjoying life at the Parkhead club.

The 22-year-old refused to rule out the possibility of making his move to Scotland permanent if Celtic make a move to sign him.

Forster said: “I will just play each game as it comes then speak to the manager at the end of the season and we’ll see what happens.

“I’m delighted to be here until the end of the season. It’s great to be playing week in, week out at a massive club. I can’t ask for more.

“It will be difficult to go back to sitting on a bench. I have said I want to be playing. That’s how you progress.”

Forster then paid tribute to his defence for helping Celtic bounce back from their midweek draw with Hamilton.

He said: “Defensively, we’ve done well of late. We’ve managed to pick up points even when we’ve had a few injuries.

“I have a good settled unit in front of me that hasn’t changed much in recent weeks.

“It’s a very settled unit and it’s good that we’ve been playing well.

“It was a comfortable win against Hibs in the end. It was just a great all-round team performance.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/fraser-forster-i-d-love-to-stay-in-paradise-1.1080359

I scared of losing our keepers :(

Hopefully he's not stupid enough to think the SPL is a viable option for his career.

Aye, because sitting on the bench at NUFC will do wonders for his career :laugh:

Would anyone be against getting rid of Harper at the end of the season, and having Krul and Forster battling out for no1?

I wouldn't be against it but it won't happen. We could send Krul out on loan, and have Forster and Harper do battle.

Guest MrSundlofer

Harper must stay. Been loyal to us all his life. We can't get rid of him at the end of the season. This is not Football Manager. He's experienced and a good personality to have in the squad. He's a Geordie - someone the younger goalkeepers can learn from.

Krul must stay. A future international for Holland.

Forster must stay. Proved to be a good goalkeeper while at Celtic. Wanted by Arsenal before.

Well, they don't all need to stay. But I prefer they do.

Harper must stay. Been loyal to us all his life. We can't get rid of him at the end of the season. This is not Football Manager. He's experienced and a good personality to have in the squad. He's a Geordie - someone the younger goalkeepers can learn from.

Krul must stay. A future international for Holland.

Forster must stay. Proved to be a good goalkeeper while at Celtic. Wanted by Arsenal before.

Well, they don't all need to stay. But I prefer they do.

He's an adopted Geordie.

Same arrangement as this season. Loan out Krul or Forster and keep Harper. I remember reading an interview with Harper earlier in the season where he said he wouldn't want to stand in the way of Krul or Forster long term. He may retire at the end of next season.

Is the SPL a decent test of Forster? When you consider he is playing for one of the top 2 teams in a 2 team race? It says a lot that one of our reserve keepers can become Celtic's first choice keeper when previously he had only played reserve games for NUFC and League 1 games for Norwich.

Same arrangement as this season. Loan out Krul or Forster and keep Harper. I remember reading an interview with Harper earlier in the season where he said he wouldn't want to stand in the way of Krul or Forster long term. He may retire at the end of next season.

Is the SPL a decent test of Forster? When you consider he is playing for one of the top 2 teams in a 2 team race? It says a lot that one of our reserve keepers can become Celtic's first choice keeper when previously he had only played reserve games for NUFC and League 1 games for Norwich.

I would like to see us keep Forster for next season, I feel he is probably the best keeper at the club, but I would like to see if he can handle the Prem and Newcastle, he's done well at both Norwich and Celtic but not played for us yet, I don't think. Krul out on loan, stck with Harps for another season, then battle between Forster and Krul for No. 1.

SPL games are nowhere near as one sided as you might think, forster has been tested loads during his spell at celtic. Despite a couple of early wobbles he's performed admirably, so much so i'd love to see him get a crack in out team. Unfortunately that means harper stepping aside.

A 10mill + bid for either of our young keepers would see one of them gone imo

As it should.

It's nice having two sexy cars but if somebody offered you more than market value for one of them you'd have to sell it. In the end, you can only drive one.

"I'll give you 10 million"

"What? For both of them?"

"No, Forster. Why? How much for both?"

"Oh. Errrr....25 million?"

"Done."

"Seriously? Fuck me! Are you thick or somethi....oh hello Mr Quinn. Good to see you're spending the Bent money well..."

;)

Krul out on loan next season.

Yup, reverse it. I'd rather we keep Forster next season, see what he can do for us, while Krul goes out to a fair enough level club and continues to get regular experience in a competitive environment.