Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Guest neesy111

Elliott is another who some have ridiculously written off after a few games.

As a goalkeeper you have it or you don't.  This lad doesn't.

Krul, Harper, Given, Hislop, Pav all looked the business as soon as they were in the 1st team.

Elliott is another who some have ridiculously written off after a few games.

As a goalkeeper you have it or you don't.  This lad doesn't.

Krul, Harper, Given, Hislop, Pav all looked the business as soon as they were in the 1st team.

I hope you'll be surprised in pre-season. The way Woodman talks about Robbie makes me have a lot of respect for the kid.

Any news on the fee? Is it the previously reported 2 million or did we manage to extract some more out of them?

Personally I would have been happy if he had stayed and fought for a first team place just so we are better prepared for the eventuality of a bid for Krul we can't refuse, but if he wants to be first choice then fair play and I wish him all the best.

Won't do his career any good? He'll be playing every week in front of big crowds, playing in the Champions League and winning games. Yes it's a crappy league that's now even less credible but still, I think he'll be happy tbh.

He'll probably win a load of stuff with them also, fair play to the lad for going out there and becoming a regular

Won't do his career any good? He'll be playing every week in front of big crowds, playing in the Champions League and winning games. Yes it's a crappy league that's now even less credible but still, I think he'll be happy tbh.

It's the equivalent of when a top player goes to somewhere like Russia IMO. Sure, he'll play a handful of European games (more than likely get tonked more often than not now), but for 9 months a year it's not going to be great competition. I'd rather join a lower Premier League or even upper Championship club these days.

Forster could end up being one of those players who don't fulfill their full potential. Sure, he'll be able to test himself, against the top strikers, in the CL but then again, he's going to playing relatively weak opposition, week in, week out. That's not that great like.

Any potential England prospects could have very well gone now (as harsh as it sounds).

I would have thought he would be closer to the England squad than Butland.

Apart from Alan Thompson, really cannot remember the last time a SPL-based player was picked for the England squad...

Guest palnese

I would have thought he would be closer to the England squad than Butland.

Apart from Alan Thompson, really cannot remember the last time a SPL-based player was picked for the England squad...

Gazza?

Maybe he realises he'll never play for England with Hart about so is just happy to have the easy life.

Almost start to think this. This move seems to lack any ambitions whatsoever. Especial when he already has won everything you basically can win there... disappointed.

• 2 months later...

Strange choice.  He's going to take-up loads of leg room on the bench, on flights and the team bus etc.  You'd think they'd pick a compact 3rd choice on practicality grounds and not some massive tower-block of a man.