Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The fee puts him in and amongst the 10 most expensive keepers in the history of the sport. That's crazy.

Almost like PL teams can spend/waste large sums of money on players with little or no consequences.

The fee puts him in and amongst the 10 most expensive keepers in the history of the sport. That's crazy.

Almost like PL teams can spend/waste large sums of money on players with little or no consequences.

I just wonder where they get the money from.

Just seen on SSN he made an average of less than one save per game last season, and still only kept clean sheets in just over half his games. I'd imagine he could've been a fucking kip for most those clean sheets. :lol:

For someone with a s**** record of producing players, that's two academy products who've cost about £65m in transfer fees in the last 3.5 years. :lol:

Hope the penny drops with Ashley.

If we can produce good quality youngsters and have a manager that can bring them through - he'll be rolling in it.

First thing - chop Pardew.

• 4 months later...

With Krul around he wasn't going to get the spot of number one keeper he wanted, so it's irrelevant really.

Good save from Sanchez today. Got down low like a flash.

With Krul around he wasn't going to get the spot of number one keeper he wanted, so it's irrelevant really.

That was what I meant. Did we pick the right keeper to get the number one spot? Forster is developing into a great keeper now but I think had he stayed here with Fat Bantz then he'd be nowhere near the same keeper and possibly vice versa.

That was what I meant. Did we pick the right keeper to get the number one spot? Forster is developing into a great keeper now but I think had he stayed here with Fat Bantz then he'd be nowhere near the same keeper and possibly vice versa.

He not a patch on Krul, even in Krul's dipped form he doesn't come close. Only thing is Krul's injuries.

He not a patch on Krul, even in Krul's dipped form he doesn't come close. Only thing is Krul's injuries.

I'd agree with this. Forster is bang average.

Glad we kept Krul instead of Forster really, still a better keeper despite not improving much.

Forster has also made quite a few mistakes so far this season.