Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Can't see that happening now, maybe next year? A) he won't want to leave with him sitting as #1 and playing in the premier league  B)he is a strong voice and senior figure at the club.

C) we would have to sign someone else that's experienced that would probably cost more and not put up with the treatment harper has. D) we will want his experience at least for this year when we are scrapping for survival.

Other than that, as mentioned I wouldn't be too bothered. We would need someone solid and experienced if the kids did fall apart.

david james tbh

How much did Hart play before going to Birmingham last season?

roughly a season and a half iirc, he came into the side i think under sven ousting kasper schemicheal and was no 1 until given arrived

How much did Hart play before going to Birmingham last season?

roughly a season and a half iirc, he came into the side i think under sven ousting kasper schemicheal and was no 1 until given arrived

Yeah, sounds about right.

If this turns out to be true the biggest positive I can take is that Hughton is not afraid to be ruthless and suggests the possibility of offloading the likes of Smith, Best, Raylor...

Our squad is tiny, we won't be letting anyone go at the moment..

I don´t think Harper would even consider leaving us now. He´s been at this club for nearly 20 years and has never been our 1st choice in front of a Premier League campaign. Because of that I think he will stay..

Personally I would be happy to see either Krul og Forster as 1st choice this season. Harper lacks a lot of ability in his game and he´s not really a matchwinner between the posts... Krul og Forster would probably do a mistake or two more than Harper during a full Premier League season, but I think they can win us games which Harper doesn´t have the ability to do..

Harper might not leave as our number one but if he has been told he might not be this season he might leave to make sure his last few seasons are not sitting on the bench like much of his career.

I think as far as loyalty goes, Harper deserves an unbelieveable amount of credit, but to be honest I don't think I want him to be our number 1 next season.

He was pretty poor towards the back end of last season and I would genuinely hate to see either Krul or Forster leave. Personally I think Chris should give one of the two lads the starting spot next season and, provided Harper is made aware of the fact he won't be number one, give him the opportunity to look for a new club, it could be his last chance to be first choice somewhere else.

Because we've got enough problems elsewhere without possibly creating another one relying on untested kids.

I'd rather they become 'tested' here than elsewhere though. They've both gained plenty of first team experience by going out on loan anyway, they just need to make that step up to the top level, who's to say they can't?

As I said, I'd rather lose an ageing Harper than a talented youngster. Especially considering his form in the latter part of last season.