Compensation for Charles N'Zogbia finally sorted

BottledDog

the article on sky sports..

Newcastle have been ordered to pay Le Havre compensation for Charles N'Zogbia.

The attacking midfielder joined The Magpies from Le Havre in 2004 but the two clubs have been locked in a dispute ever since.

Le Havre claim N'Zogbia had signed an education contract with them as a teenager and was therefore not free to sign for Newcastle.

The case went to Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber, who ruled that Newcastle could keep the young Frenchman.

Le Havre have now taken the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and have been rewarded with compensation from both Newcastle and N'Zogbia.

The player must pay the Ligue 2 club €650,000 (£440,000), while Newcastle must pay €300,000 (£200,000).

Le Havre general manager Alain Belsoeur was pleased with the outcome as it helps protect the club's education centre.

"Now when there is a violation of a contractual commitment, there will be reparation," he told the French press.

"That will force the predators to step back. We will be able to raise our heads high again and go back to our education work."

Guest Bramble OG

Maybe this is why Willie was with him the other day, not transfer talks.

Was just thinking(hopeing) that myself..

What's the point of having a contract that says he 'wasn't free to sign for Newcastle', if he can sign and just pay a fine? I don't think this will make the 'predators step back' at all, it will just mean more quality youngsters break their contracts and pay off the compensation.

Finally he'll be able to play for his nation, the fuckers  have been causing problems every time he is about to get a call-up.

Really, thought he got called up to the U21's a while ago as back up, but didnt actually make an appearance.

Because of this 'scandle' they wouldn't let him join up with the squad despite selection

I don't understand why Zoggy has to pay over twice as much as the club?

It would probably make players think about moving less if they were the ones who had to pay the fine rather than the club just paying it for them.

West Ham and Bolton have both shown interest in a player rated in that bracket this summer, although Sam Allardyce has no intention to cash in on a player he believes can become a genuine Premier League star.

:clap:

That's the only bit I'm interested in.