Carlisle Utd 1-1 Newcastle Utd - Post-Match Thread

Newcastle Fan

It may have only been a friendly with Carlisle, but after being close to their fans and having to endure some stick, i celebrated our goal like it was the winner in the F.A cup final. I was kissing my badge in front of them and everything.

No matter what side we put out, we should be beating these clubs.

We sounded shocking but when listening on totally bias sheep shagger radio it was so hard to tell, god it killed me going through that with Reeves and Mortimer of the football world.

Roll on Thursday I say!

Sams new system of play is being learned by the players at the moment, it will take a few games for the system to pay real dividends, this is what the pre-seasons are about, especially for new managers getting used to the players and the players getting used to the new styles of coaching and play, if this match was 3 months into the future (FA Cup for example) it doesn't matter which team we would have put on the pitch we would have beaten Carlisle 4-0 probably. Also pre-seasons aren't competitive really and as Sam said we have the skill but yesterday we were a bit 'misguided'.

Just as a matter of interest, we've kept the whole thing to one thread. Pre-match, Match and post-match in one big thread.

Thoughts? Better, worse? Keep it, ditch it?

On average, a Premier League game consisted of a 5-page pre-match thread, a 20-page match thread, and a 12-page post match thread. Meaning one uber-thread would consist of around 35 pages. What's the point? It was fine how it was.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Sam was trying something different out yesterday, obviously. And failed.  Going off what various people have said to me, who went to the match, new positions were being tried out against a low-profile team, that's all. You'd think that Allardyce would see that the system against Carlisle isn't a good idea and will revert back to the 4-4-2 that hammered Hartlepool.

Was hoping we might see a glimpse of the 4-5-1 at some point in pre-season, but i don't think we've got enough players.

Sam was trying something different out yesterday, obviously. And failed.  Going off what various people have said to me, who went to the match, new positions were being tried out against a low-profile team, that's all. You'd think that Allardyce would see that the system against Carlisle isn't a good idea and will revert back to the 4-4-2 that hammered Hartlepool.

Was hoping we might see a glimpse of the 4-5-1 at some point in pre-season, but i don't think we've got enough players.

Yep, I fully agree. The players we've got are 4-4-2-tastic. Hope he doesn't try to fit 3 strikers in the team together just to keep them happy.

The way we started yesterday certainly looked like the more defensive version of the 4-5-1 system.

It looked like Carroll was up top on his own with 5 across the middle. Oba right side, Dyer left, and Nobby in the middle

The way we started yesterday certainly looked like the more defensive version of the 4-5-1 system.

It looked like Carroll was up top on his own with 5 across the middle. Oba right side, Dyer left, and Nobby in the middle

Carroll was on the wing too much. It looked like him Dyer and Oba didn't know where they were meant to be playing.

Kev and Jamie, I know you are both about 13 but f*** sake grow up will you? :lol:

Oh and don't get your dad to tell me off again.

im 14 actually

i am growing up im not the person who trys to insult kids on a forum 24/7

Kev and Jamie, I know you are both about 13 but f*** sake grow up will you? :lol:

im 14 actually

Just comments like "well maybe if you went to the game..." :lol:

If you keep coming out with shit like that you deserve to be insulted!

im 14 actually

If you keep coming out with s*** like that you deserve to be insulted!

i only said that to you because you were the one who tried to insult me about Newcastle

lol leave the kid alone. you were his age at some point. could of being a while ago now but you were. let him get on with it. you aint his dad so stop trying to tell him what to do and say

lol leave the kid alone. you were his age at some point. could of being a while ago now but you were. let him get on with it. you aint his dad so stop trying to tell him what to do and say

chears  :lol:

im 14 actually

i only said that to you because you were the one who tried to insult me about Newcastle

*ignorance overload*

Well I can see it fast becoming very boring, If the kids want to use the forum without having the pissed out of them and everyone thinking they are mongs then they need to stop acting like mongs.

im 14 actually

How exactly did I insult you about Newcastle again? Or are you just talking out of your arse? You said something about 2 players and then kept ignoring peoples requests when they asked you how you knew, finally you came out and said you go down the training ground and wait for the players outside. Not my fault if you got grief because you chose not to respond and drag something out. But if you keep acting the way you are you arent going to be taken seriously on the forum.

Guest newcastle4life

Want the team to win every game but its only a friendly as long as the team is ready for the league.

Just as a matter of interest, we've kept the whole thing to one thread. Pre-match, Match and post-match in one big thread.

On average, a Premier League game consisted of a 5-page pre-match thread, a 20-page match thread, and a 12-page post match thread. Meaning one uber-thread would consist of around 35 pages. What's the point? It was fine how it was.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Aye. I appreciate that it can be frustrating for mods when newbies come along and add junk to the forum by posting the same things over, and that its easier for them to make things "tidier", but sometimes I think theres a secret plan by some sort of moderator's union for the whole internet to be turned into one giant thread with millions of pages. Youd have the option to start a new thread, but itd be locked within a few replies with the mods linking to the uber thread and asking you to post in there. "So what if you have to browse through hundreds or thousands of pages? Just use the search facility, and if you dont like it, go elsewhere *snigger*".

Eg, Channel 4's football italia forum is a horrible board by comparison, with mega threads for each player/manager that can date back several years, and any related topic always going into that thread. Hope this place never becomes like that.

On a side note, I think Pre-Match threads are completely pointless anyways, there are usually about 3 for each match and it consists of a few decently lengthed posts and then 5 pages of people just predicting the formation and team line up (often the same as other members). It's really boring to look at and there's nothing to read or really 'discuss'

On a side note, I think Pre-Match threads are completely pointless anyways, there are usually about 3 for each match and it consists of a few decently lengthed posts and then 5 pages of people just predicting the formation and team line up (often the same as other members). It's really boring to look at and there's nothing to read or really 'discuss'

That's a fair point.  :thup:

Often, the pre-match stuff is just random formations and the odd person choosing 12 players or whatever...

Often, the pre-match stuff is just random formations and the odd person choosing 12 players or whatever...

Yeah, that being the point.

If they're not in the pre-match thread, they'll be in various other threads.

Bring on Thursday and Celtic, because we can't judge on the first couple of games... we will see the state of the squad come Bolton, so until then I say just take whatever comes lightly, unless there's another 3 or 4 injuries costing us dearly.

Chill.

I was just wondering how letting one thread roll for the duration compared to having 3 separate ones. Personally I couldn't give a shit but some people had genuine objections then I'd like to hear them, either way - for or against.  :thup:

Chill.

I was just wondering how letting one thread roll for the duration compared to having 3 separate ones. Personally I couldn't give a shit but some people had genuine objections then I'd like to hear them, either way - for or against.  :thup:

Chill? :lol: I am chilled, i'm just saying - that's probably how it would be.