Chronicle: £7m bid made for defender (as yet unnamed)

Guest hindu times

Guest firetotheworks

There are no quotes and its an Oliver article, my guess is its a slow news day and he's made it up to sell some papers.

'Reports that Allardyce wants Fulham left-back Franck Queudrue are wide of the mark and in any case the Frenchman is only valued at £3m'

Anals back alright!

I'd be very happy with Heinze as he is a top quality defender. I'm not totally sure about Baines and Shorey though they may not be able to cut the mustard at a bigger club, who knows? A.Ferdinand would be a disappointment but not a disaster. Bridge is really a no go i'd reckon after his latest injury!

Heinze's not as good as he was in his first season. Maybe it's the lack of games and thus being unable to maintain match fitness or his injury has really affected his pace and aggression. Anyhow, he's not worth £7m. Parky mentioned an interesting name, Per Mertesacker, whose bound to move to a bigger club someday very soon, if we get him it would be a steal and a half.

Rather than agents talking or the chronicle actually knowing who the defender is, its possible the club have just told the paper they have bid 7m for a defender, but havent told them who.

Its more likely Anal is talking out of his ass of course.

7m would be a good starting bid to test the water with Everton for Lescott. Although I think we would need to bid 9m before we got them thinking.

Ah, and here was me about to post something like 'after a week with no good rumours it must be about time to put some concrete bids in'

I imagine there'll be another one or two next week once they learn what the response is to this one.

Heinze is not going to Anfield.

Rooney isn't going to Manchester United [/July 04]

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=445554

... The United boss confirmed earlier this week that Heinze has expressed a wish to leave Old Trafford, but Sir Alex insists he will not under any circumstances be heading for Merseyside.

"I can assure you, Liverpool will not be getting Gabriel Heinze," he told PA Sport.

Gee now whom do I put more faith in ...

Heinze is not going to Anfield.

Rooney isn't going to Manchester United [/July 04]

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=445554

... The United boss confirmed earlier this week that Heinze has expressed a wish to leave Old Trafford, but Sir Alex insists he will not under any circumstances be heading for Merseyside.

"I can assure you, Liverpool will not be getting Gabriel Heinze," he told PA Sport.

Gee now whom do I put more faith in ...

Total different situation isn't it?

One Wayne Rooney who hated his boss and at a vastly smaller club with a super club like Manu ready to break the bank for him compared to two huge rival teams that haven't sold to each other for decades and a manager insisting they are not going to start anytime soon.

You'd get about 50000000000000/1 for Heinze to join Liverpool direct from Manu.

I'm impressed, Oliver has written a couple of articles today where he hasn't tried to steal the limelight for himself.

There's no "Ameobi told me..."  or "I spoke to a club insider..."

Do you reckon it'll ever get the point where we pick up a ronny and read, "I was at the barbers today, getting a short back and sides, gelled, with comb marks, like a charver, and Dave, my barber, informs me that a mate of a mate, who is a street sweeper for the city council, saw Player X at St. James' Park today, discussing personal terms..."

I hate that haircut, it looks bloody awful and of course the lad underneath it is always a charva scumbag.

Guest Bramble OG

Plus he'll be 35 then...

He's 30 now and the next World Cup in 2010 is in 3 years...... do the math.

53.333?

Total different situation isn't it?

Indeed it is but NSG seems to think it's nailed on but can only offer a comparison to the Rooney incident. 

You'd get about 50000000000000/1 for Heinze to join Liverpool direct from Manu.
No argument here - that's exactly what I'm saying. 

Anyone have any updates on who the £7m man is ?

Riise, Lahm, Heinze, Baines, Shorey, Barzalgi, Ferdinand or Mertesacker.

First two being mentioned on skunkers.

what has been mentioned on Skunkers?

That Mort and others caught an early morning flight from Stansted to Munich today and the target is lahm