Dyer given permission to talk to West Ham, fee agreed

iklgizmo

Guest BooBoo

If we waste the Dyer money on Smith its fkn criminal!!!

Depends on who else is available though.

Not really. £6m for Smith is still a gross waste of money.

He's not top class, obviously.

But he's vast improvement on the likes of Pattison. Considering we'll likely play 4-3-3 a fair bit next season we'll need extra bodies in the middle.

One thing I feel Smith will give us is someone other than Barton who can provide a bit of penetration from midfield. A box-to-box player if you like, who will get beyond the strikers and can contribute goals from midfield. Runners from deep are imperative to stretching a defence. Can also do a job up front and as a DM, which is handy considering our thin squad.

It's not the most exciting signing, but it does make sense.

He's also nowhere near as bad as most people here seem to think.

The last line is spot on.

If we waste the Dyer money on Smith its fkn criminal!!!

Depends on who else is available though.

No it does not, that much money is a total waste for Smith even if he is the only player left on the market.

Just use it for a LB for fks sake!!!

Guest trainer

Come on dave stop being tight start an eidur or smith thread

:lol:

Do you really think it'd be close? Waste of time, it'd be a landslide.

The way people have been talking about Smith im not so sure, it seems some people would love to see him in black and white

The way people have been talking about Smith im not so sure, it seems some people would love to see him in black and white

All five of them.

Guest trainer

All five of them.

At least we think alike, would hate to see the Dyer money spent on someone like Smith

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Kerion Deyr?

SUCH IS MY LACK OF RESPECT FOR HIM I REFUSE TO SPELL HIS NAME CORRECTLY AND TYPE ONLY IN CAPITALS WHEN REFERRING TO HIM.

Guest ryanegg

If we sign Smith or Gudjohnson  as a replacement for Dyer then we are fools, one player who has not shown his best form yet coming back from a serious injury and the other an injury prone 29 year old, then were getting no better than Dyer. Both players would be asking for around 60-80 grand wages which is roughly what dyer is on too, so were not really gaining anything. Also i cannot think of anyone who is on the market atm who would be a good replacment for dyer, so were up shit creek without a paddle on that one.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

seriously doubt we'll get Eidur now; his kneeis fucked. I think this deal will fund moves for some defenders.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Hopefully agrees terms ASAP! 10 Days till the season kicks off... Use the money and buy in some defenders and pronto!! Reckon we have enough cover in mid and up front...

The reason i'd prefer Smith over Gudjohnson given the choice is simply,  we have enough strikers at the club,  and Smith can play as a midfielder.  Reckon he'd give it his all,  and along with Barton and Geremi,  we'd have a fair bit of bite on the middle of the field.

Aye played there for Chelsea in Mourinhos first season and was very effective more creativity and goal threat than smith

he played up front in Mourinho's first season.

would think it is common sense that dyer's replacement is someone with pace, so not smith or gudjohnsen. we could do with gudjohnsen's skill and vision in midfield (tho i don't think he has ever looked fantastic there) but i don't think smith has too many redeeming qualities.