Dyer given permission to talk to West Ham, fee agreed

iklgizmo

Guest Triglett

£15m on Bale & Kaboul is crazy money. Neither have done anything yet.

Agreed. Top prospects though, who should already be good enough to challenge for a place in the first XI already. Kaboul has looked the tits in pre-season, too. Give them a season or two, and they could be a bit special. If not, they'll be better than average. Taarabt, on the other hand, is a cert to make a big impact in the not too distant future...if we can sit tight for another year, I don't think we'll need to spend big on Dyer/SWP.

Guest Triglett

I thought Kaboul went off after about 20 minutes on his debut and hasn't played since? Could be wrong though.

His debut was against some Oirish team (St Pats, I think?). Someone knocked one of his teeth out in the first minute against Kaizer Chiefs, but he recovered to play our last match against Orlando Pirates, on Tuesday. Not the greatest opposition, but he looks like he's got it all. Massive fucker, wins everything in the air, and he's good on the deck too.

Guest Triglett

Hope he goes to Spurs, I don't need more reason to despise them, but I'll take one. Dyer and Jenas for £14m :lol: Belting.

Probably comes close to offsetting what we paid for Gazza, Waddle, Ginola and Sir Les. Oh, and Ruel Fox  :laugh:

Probably comes close to offsetting what we paid for Gazza, Waddle, Ginola and Sir Les. Oh, and Ruel Fox  :laugh:

You got two brilliant bargains when you took Ferdinand and Fox.  :lol:

You got two brilliant bargains when you took Ferdinand and Fox.  :lol:

Not to mention Kevin Scott...

£850k.  :cheesy:

Guest Toonie

if you think about it, its really 9 million for Dyer. 5 for the transfer fee and another 4 million from his wages.  80 k a week. I would definetly take it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6918873.stm

Dyer 'keen on move to Tottenham'

Newcastle's Kieron Dyer is believed to be holding out for a move to Tottenham after being told by Magpies boss Sam Allardyce that he can leave the club.

Manchester City had been strongly linked with a swoop for Dyer, 28, but BBC Sport understands boss Sven-Goran Eriksson will not make a move.

West Ham are also thought to be keen, but it is believed the Ipswich-born player wants to go to White Hart Lane.

Allardyce said Dyer wanted to leave Newcastle because of "family reasons".

Dyer - who is valued at about £5m - was left out of the squad for the friendly against Celtic on Thursday evening.

Allardyce said: "We are protecting our asset. There's a big value in Kieron Dyer, the player that he is, so I am protecting the asset.

"He could have ended up playing today and being one of the casualties like Nicky Butt or Steven Taylor, so it was my decision to protect that asset and not risk him today because he is a valuable asset for Newcastle United."

think he'd be a very good signing for spurs and would give them the strength in depth they need to move into the top four. it would weaken our squad so we absolutely need a replacement, or perhaps two.

Guest Toon83

Spurs have way to many midfielders, Dyer would be better off at West Ham, and they can pay his wages, whereas Spurs top earner is Robbie Keane at £40k

Guest TyneToPlay

He wants to go there cos all his England mates are there while Bowyer is waiting for him at WHU. :knuppel2: I can't wait for the next WHU v Spuds game. Dyer will be smacking Bowyer around while Defoe bites him on the ankle.

What I don't really understand about this whole thing is that Dyer claims to want to move for family reasons.........  All his family is in Ipswich, Suffolk yet he seems to want to move to North London???

He is a total prick and the sooner we get rid of him the better.