Dyer given permission to talk to West Ham, fee agreed

iklgizmo

"Dyer is believed to have accepted that a move from Newcastle would help to revitalise his career, although he has not requested a transfer. "

Wtf does that mean?

He wants to go but he hasn't put it in writing, meaning he'll get his cut of any transfer fee.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

on his day he is a great player, in a way i dont really want him to go but i realise his time is up and he's had his chances!! Out te fook...

"Dyer is believed to have accepted that a move from Newcastle would help to revitalise his career, although he has not requested a transfer. "

Wtf does that mean?

He wants to go but he hasn't put it in writing, meaning he'll get his cut of any transfer fee.

Looks nailed on that he is off then.

Does anyone seriously expect he'll be replaced this year though? It doesn't sound like Allardyce has been prepared for this one, and he really must concentrate all his efforts on signing several defenders.

If we lose him and sign Baptista or someone then fair enough, but if we lose him and don't bring any midfielders in we're weaker. I don't see how that's possibly good news.

Get Martin Jol in here! Apparently some Tottenham ITK says all the players have been getting excited because Dyer is about to join them and has been texting Jenas and Defoe in particular to say it will be done soon.

Wants his loyalty bonus baby! His best mate Barton's been giving him some good advice I take it.

Except Dyer doesn't have a release clause, so happy or unhappy, I see no reason to allow other clubs to take our players on the cheap, especially when we need them. Like I said earlier...cough up or fuck off. It's that simple.

Except Dyer doesn't have a release clause, so happy or unhappy, I see no reason to allow other clubs to take our players on the cheap, especially when we need them. Like I said earlier...cough up or f*** off. It's that simple.

I agree mate. Three of our rivals are happy to take him off us, does that not say something?

If we're going to sell him then let's see some serious offers on the table. West Ham and Spurs offered crazy money for Bent and we know Man City have money. Any other England international would cost a fortune, just look at Bent's market value.

Does anyone seriously expect he'll be replaced this year though? It doesn't sound like Allardyce has been prepared for this one, and he really must concentrate all his efforts on signing several defenders.

If we lose him and sign Baptista or someone then fair enough, but if we lose him and don't bring any midfielders in we're weaker. I don't see how that's possibly good news.

Perhaps thats why the Baptista story has already surfaced and that the comments in the press are just Sam using his far superior head to influence the situation. If there is no alternative lined up, you're right, we're a lot weaker. Instead of two lads who got 7 goals from midfield last year, now we've got just one and he's broken his foot.  :laugh: :kasper:

Guest Matt10

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007340080,00.html

Joey KO keeps Dyer in Toon

JOEY BARTON’S injury KO is set to keep Kieron Dyer at Newcastle — for now.

Barton will miss the start of the season after undergoing an op on his broken metatarsal, leaving Sam Allardyce short of numbers in midfield.

West Ham are leading the chase for Dyer, 28, but with Barton, Emre and Damien Duff crocked, Allardyce cannot afford to lose Dyer.

England man Dyer’s Toon days seem numbered with Allardyce feeling a new start would best for both parties.

But Barton’s injury, picked up in the 1-1 draw at Carlisle on Saturday, has put a spanner in the works.

Barton said: “I am absolutely gutted and devastated and it is all extremely frustrating.

“It would be foolish to set a date on any comeback. All I can say is I want to get back as quickly as possible and when I do, make sure I am 100 per cent fit.

“I’m more disappointed for our supporters than anything else.

“The United fans have been fantastic to me since I came here.”

Michael Owen is in line to captain Toon with Barton crocked.

Guest black

Regardless of your opinion of Dyer, there is no doubt his best years are behind him and haven't really amounted to much.

His biggest asset has always been his endless running but from the end of last season and the pre-season matches this season it appear forest gump has reached the end of his road.

If someone wants to offer a decent fee for him combine that with getting him off the payroll and it is nothing but good for the club.

Have faith in Sam, he's astute enough to know what he is doing. He won't leave himself short. Maybe he can see a future for players like N'Zogbia, Troisi & Carroll (yes I know he is a striker.)

Regardless of your opinion of Dyer, there is no doubt his best years are behind him and haven't really amounted to much.

His biggest asset has always been his endless running but from the end of last season and the pre-season matches this season it appear forest gump has reached the end of his road.

If someone wants to offer a decent fee for him combine that with getting him off the payroll and it is nothing but good for the club.

Have faith in Sam, he's astute enough to know what he is doing. He won't leave himself short. Maybe he can see a future for players like N'Zogbia, Troisi & Carroll (yes I know he is a striker.)

I'd agree that Dyer's biggest assets have been his pace and work-rate. If he's not going to put in 100%, he's not worth playing, because he's not a technical kind of player who can coast through games.

It just leaves a bad feeling that a useful player is being hounded out in this way.

Guest black

It just leaves a bad feeling that a useful player is being hounded out in this way.

Dyer's been looking for a way out for a long time, remember the noises he made when Leeds came a knocking, so I don't think it's all down to him being hounded.

Dyer's been looking for a way out for a long time, remember the noises he made when Leeds came a knocking, so I don't think it's all down to him being hounded.

There was a time in Sir Bob's days when a few clubs were sniffing around and being quoted £20 million, but I can't remember him agitating to leave. I may be wrong though.

He can't have been happy about the way the club has been run over the last four years, but it sounded to me like, after his injuries, he was up for a fresh start with Allardyce and the new owner. Then he gets booed in the first two friendlies, for no good reason. That may not be the only issue, but it would be enough to tip someone away from a decision to stay to a decision to go.

Barton being injured doesn't change my stance on him or Emre, both can fuk off for fees above £6m.

Anything less and we keep a hold of and use until someone starts talking proper money for them. Why the fuk do WHU think they can get one of our players on the cheap after their spending this summer and the fact they'll be direct rivals this season to us?

Fuk off you ugly cockney cunts, you can have him, you can have both (same goes to Tottenham) but you will pay us fairly you rotton cocks.

Barton being injured doesn't change my stance on him or Emre, both can fuk off for fees above £6m.

Anything less and we keep a hold of and use until someone starts talking proper money for them. Why the fuk do WHU think they can get one of our players on the cheap after their spending this summer and the fact they'll be direct rivals this season to us?

Fuk off you ugly cockney cunts, you can have him, you can have both (same goes to Tottenham) but you will pay us fairly you rotton cocks.

Nice rant :D

There was a time in Sir Bob's days when a few clubs were sniffing around and being quoted £20 million, but I can't remember him agitating to leave. I may be wrong though.

He can't have been happy about the way the club has been run over the last four years, but it sounded to me like, after his injuries, he was up for a fresh start with Allardyce and the new owner. Then he gets booed in the first two friendlies, for no good reason. That may not be the only issue, but it would be enough to tip someone away from a decision to stay to a decision to go.

by the red top press

Wtf does that mean?

Trying to get more money for doing fuck all!

The cheeky cunt!