Dyer given permission to talk to West Ham, fee agreed

iklgizmo

If Richards played for us and Taylor played for Man City, then Taylor would be the natural replacement to John Terry, and Richards would be getting polls made comparing him to Peter Ramage after a bad performance in a UEFA Cup match when Ramage looked decent for a change. True story.

How's that work? Why would Richards be over-hyped just cos he played for Man City? Which sounds like what you're implying... ???

If Richards played for us and Taylor played for Man City, then Taylor would be the natural replacement to John Terry, and Richards would be getting polls made comparing him to Peter Ramage after a bad performance in a UEFA Cup match when Ramage looked decent for a change. True story.

It's not true, that's just your opinion as you overrate our young players and when anyone questions them you throw the "Well lets sell them because they're not the finished article at 21" line like a big tart. True story.

I overrate them? I think Taylor is gonna be a genuine quality player and the same for N'Zogbia. Apart from that i think Milner is a very handy player who IF he improves his crossing can be a good player for us. I don't think anything about the others. Is that overrating them three like?

Well if you think Taylor is on par with Micah Richards then I'd say you were overrating him.

extended quotes from earlier articles in the Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/newcastle/article2141441.ece

Will be interesting to see where the money goes. And what type of player we buy to replace Dyer.

The pace is the only thing we shall miss from him, in which case SWP is an obvious replacement if you think of Dyer as a right winger. but we are stocked with Geremi, Milner and Solano.

So maybe we look for a Central Midfielder, or do we look for a ulitily player with pace and skill to match what Dyer potentially has.

Allardyce: “I’m confident I’ll get the number of players we need [before the start of the season], but I’m not sure about the quality,”

:undecided:

Micah Richards is the perfect example of a young Englishman being well over hyped by the footballing world right now.

Not saying Taylor isn't especially after his heroics for the U21's, but Richards is on a different level right now in terms of rep matching up ability, same happened with SWP's, not look at him, still a great player, but totally ruined.

Glad Citeh were taken over, at least Richards stays and gradually fills his potential instead of being bought for £20m off Chelsea and sitting on the bench until his mid 20's before being sold at cut price.

How's that work? Why would Richards be over-hyped just cos he played for Man City? Which sounds like what you're implying... ???

Because we knock our own players down at every opportunity when they make a mistake? We always build our players up then knock them down at the first opportunity. I can't believe the amount of shit Milner gets. He's 21 playing in an awful team with nothing to aim at in the box yet he had a good season last season taking all things into consideration, and we've still got people saying he's shite.

Because we knock our own players down at every opportunity when they make a mistake? We always build our players up then knock them down at the first opportunity. I can't believe the amount of s*** Milner gets. He's 21 playing in an awful team with nothing to aim at in the box yet he had a good season last season taking all things into consideration, and we've still got people saying he's s****.

Milner is shit average though.

Because we knock our own players down at every opportunity when they make a mistake? We always build our players up then knock them down at the first opportunity. I can't believe the amount of s*** Milner gets. He's 21 playing in an awful team with nothing to aim at in the box yet he had a good season last season taking all things into consideration, and we've still got people saying he's s****.

Milner is shit average though.

He'll play less next season under Sam imo.

Guest Matt10

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=470933&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Curbs refuses to rule out Dyer bid

West Ham manager Alan Curbishley has refused to rule his club out of a move for Newcastle midfielder Kieron Dyer.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce admitted today that the 28-year-old could be ending his eight-year stay on Tyneside due to "family problems" - and West Ham have been heavily linked with the England man.

Curbishley spent £3million on Freddie Ljungberg from Arsenal this week - but after fellow new recruit Julien Faubert was ruled out for six months with a ruptured Achilles, the Hammers are short on wide options.

Speaking after tonight's 3-2 friendly defeat at Coca-Cola League Two side MK Dons, Curbishley said: "I'm looking in all areas, and it's not very often that a club says that a player is available.

"You normally phone up and get told that people are not available, so it's very difficult. But anything can still happen.

"The situation is that Kieron wants to leave the club, as I understand it, but I don't know anything else.

"We get linked with a lot of players at the minute, and he's one of them.

"We are actively looking to strengthen the squad and we have to replace those who have left.

"I have one eye on everything until that window closes - so we'll have to see."

Basically translates as Curbs saying "I'll give it a shot".

Allardyce is talking big but he knows he needs the money soon if he's going to replace him and he knows he could be left with an unhappy player if a deal doesn't materialise. I think a compromise will be reached and he'll go for a 'decent' fee like say £6m which won't be much in the current market but isn't insulting either. We'll say we got an expensive injury-prone prat off the wagebill and they'll say they got an experience England international for a good price.

The fact that Allardyce is talking about spending the money quickly if and when he receives it suggests he's been instructed to operate on a limited budget this summer.

Fuck off Dyer, you manky little cretin.

In the past we've had numerous injuries, family problems, a funny way of running, serious alleged illness, and more family problems.

ultimately, there is nothing for him to hide behind. He's underperformed, and has proven himself to be without much end product in the 8 years he's been here, and comes out as a player with alleged fantastic potential, but very average output.

Can't help but feel cynical about all this.  His family have always been down south so why is it a problem now after so many years.  He wants out and in my view, SA is trying to manage it so to create a more sympathetic situation for Dyer as there is so much hostility towards him.

If Dyer is that desperate to go then he should just put in a transfer request.

Get the family to move up here, f*cks sake, how many other people move around not only one country but continents for their job.  How the hell have they not moved before now - what a load of hogwash!

I'm sick of the selfish little t*at - my only worry is we won't get another midfielder in time given Mort and Ashley apear to be as quick as paint drying when it comes to giving Sam the cash.

Guest Ridzuan

I dont mind if Dyer wants to leave,though Im hoping that he would stay.But if it is because of family reason,I think that is a ridiculous reason for him to leave.Anyway if he is indeed going,I hope that we will get 7-10m from him.

In the past we've had numerous injuries, family problems, a funny way of running, serious alleged illness, and more family problems.

ultimately, there is nothing for him to hide behind. He's underperformed, and has proven himself to be without much end product in the 8 years he's been here, and comes out as a player with alleged fantastic potential, but very average output.

I said all this would happen at the end of last season.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=39934.25

Big Sam will already know who he wants to keep/let go methinks , so there will be no pissing about , wave bye bye to; Shola, Titus, Owen,Pav,Baba,Pattinson,Luque,Terry Mac,Duff,Butt,Emre,Pearson,Clarkie,St James Park Tea lady,Nobby,Moore, and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all!

don't be daft.

You missed Dyer off the list. He approached Spurs himself knowing Jenas and Bent will be there.  Only problem being the wages, but i`m sure he has made enough money to take the pay cut considering how much he wants to play for them.

As for reasons, family problems means his sister and the whole drugs thing.  In with the wrong crowd big time.  He has treatment for his illness down south regulary which is on going. Also all his friends have left NUFC he`s the last to go.

I said all this would happen at the end of last season.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=39934.25

Big Sam will already know who he wants to keep/let go methinks , so there will be no pissing about , wave bye bye to; Shola, Titus, Owen,Pav,Baba,Pattinson,Luque,Terry Mac,Duff,Butt,Emre,Pearson,Clarkie,St James Park Tea lady,Nobby,Moore, and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all!

don't be daft.

You missed Dyer off the list. He approached Spurs himself knowing Jenas and Bent will be there.  Only problem being the wages, but i`m sure he has made enough money to take the pay cut considering how much he wants to play for them.

As for reasons, family problems means his sister and the whole drugs thing.  In with the wrong crowd big time.  He has treatment for his illness down south regulary which is on going. Also all his friends have left NUFC he`s the last to go.

one excuse after another. His arsehoel mates are gone - good.

failing the little cunt falling down the stairs and finisjing his career, him leaving is the next best thing.

The "moving for family reasons" line is only part of it. For me, using this excuse would be unforgiveable in most cases and I'd want him out of the club ASAP. In Dyer's case though, I think he has been subjected to far more abuse and hatred than warranted which has been reflected on these boards over the last couple of years ( see post above for prime example) so I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

Even so, Allardyce is right. We WON'T allow other clubs to nick our players on the cheap, and anything less than £5m would be a travesty. If we don't get the right money then Dyer will have to stay and get on with his job which he is well paid for.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

How many players at any given club have had an on pitch fight with a team mate? How many players at any given club have behaved as badly as Dyer has on/off the pitch without being anywhere near good enough on a consistent basis to warrant star treatment? If we're going to become a serious club whereby the club stands alone above the players, we need to get shot of Dyer, and with West ham seemingly a charity at the moment we should cash in.

Think any deal that see's dyer leaving will be complicated by him having to pass a medical!!  So he could be here for a while yet!!

>:( >:( >:(

what did woodgate go to 'boro for?  6.9m?

the pricing similarities are there with dyer - the exception being that when woodgate is fit he PERFORMS CONSISTENTLY

the fact that dyer performs consistently inconsistently IF FIT should tell anyone that 5m would be a fucken steal

Guest goal!

Wouldn't say £5m will replace him, look at the prices of other english players, particularly an experienced england squad/even u21 member. Bent, swp, carrick, nugent, chopra, reo coker, ashley young, curtis davies... Also how much likes of bellamy, mido, kamara, koumas etc. Are moving for.

Fair enough he's injury prone, and he's made plenty mistakes, but clubs knowing that he wants out and sa wants to sell asap won't pay a lot, then there's the question who we are going to buy with that money, will be no where near the quality of dyer thats for sure imo. At least he offers something different and pace is such an important quality which we would struggle to replace, especially the way our squad is, as milner is the only other player we have as versatile that could play almost anywhere in midfield or up front/right back at a push and can score/create a few goals...

I'd say if we get the right offer like over £9m we take it, if not we keep him, especially as it seems he hasn't officially handed in a transfer request.

Just for once can we PLEASE not sell our players off on the cheap and let other clubs pay over the odds like we've had to do for so long.