Dyer given permission to talk to West Ham, fee agreed

iklgizmo

Man Citeh has a new set up, you never know they could be like Spurs and go for such a deal. Its not like Richards wants to stick around either. I say we get all 'Arry Redknapp on them and swap Richards for Dyer, Carr, free theatre tickets and a used lorry.

It'll be a shame to see him go, so much wasted money, so much wasted potential. But it'll be good to see him go, one more permanent crock with a bad attitude out of the door.

The only thing not to do is sell cheap because we've put ourselves under pressure to be rid of him. Tell him what his price is and let his Mr 10% try and find a club willing to pay it, otherwise keep him till January and tell him to play like he's in the shop window, because he is.

Personally my feeling is with Dyer gone that just leaves Carr and Babayaro to go, but barring a miracle on the signings front I think we're stuck with them, at least till January.

Guest Toon83

This is a bit of a shame for Keiron as he was just starting to hit a good patch of form when he played for us last season, now he has some personal family problems that could force him out of the club.

Don't get me wrong i think he should have left us a while ago, but now he has hit some fitness and a bit of form, add that to the injuries to Barton and Emre then we could be in trouble in the central midfield area next season if he is indeed sold.

We need to get someone in before we sell IMO just incase we cant get a replacement in time for next season, a DM like Huddlestone, or an AM like Giles Barnes would be ideal but i cant see either club letting these players go, so maybe a bid for Alan Smith (who has been given permission to talk to Boro if he wants to) would be worthwhile, a battler in the centre of the park who can play as a striker would be a good piece of business, and surely he would rather come to us than Boro.

It would save him the money on boiler suit anyway  mackems.gif

Guest Knightrider

Don't understand all the hype over Richards myself, an undoubted talent but he's basically a black Steven Taylor, lots of potential but still a long way to go, yet people would like to see us splash millions out on a player who is no better than a young CB we have at the club who many wouldn't have in the first-team... strange.

This is a bit of a shame for Keiron as he was just starting to hit a good patch of form when he played for us last season, now he has some personal family problems that could force him out of the club.

Don't get me wrong i think he should have left us a while ago, but now he has hit some fitness and a bit of form, add that to the injuries to Barton and Emre then we could be in trouble in the central midfield area next season if he is indeed sold.

We need to get someone in before we sell IMO just incase we cant get a replacement in time for next season, a DM like Huddlestone, or an AM like Giles Barnes would be ideal but i cant see either club letting these players go, so maybe a bid for Alan Smith (who has been given permission to talk to Boro if he wants to) would be worthwhile, a battler in the centre of the park who can play as a striker would be a good piece of business, and surely he would rather come to us than Boro.

Either you're kidding me on, or you only seen a few matches last season and they happened to be the handful of games that Dyer actually performed at all.

did you ask NE5 for permission to use his smiley ?

Don't understand all the hype over Richards myself, an undoubted talent but he's basically a black Steven Taylor, lots of potential but still a long way to go, yet people would like to see us splash millions out on a player who is no better than a young CB we have at the club who many wouldn't have in the first-team... strange.

Lots of potential, yes. Noticably better than Steven Taylor is at the moment though, and I'm a fan of Taylor.

except richards didn't look out of place for the full england team at right back. (haven't checked that,first beers for a while,could be wrong.........it has been known)

Guest Knightrider

Lots of potential, yes. Noticably better than Steven Taylor is at the moment though, and I'm a fan of Taylor.

How so? Only outstanding thing he has that Taylor doesn't in my opinion is pace, both just as strong/rash and if anything Taylor is more composed on the ball, he certainly has better control. Sorry but I see little difference between the two and if Richards is worth £20m then Taylor must be, which he isn't, neither of them are. Based on what I've seen, I'd have Onuoha ahead of Richards.

How so? Only outstanding thing he has that Taylor doesn't in my opinion is pace, both just as strong/rash and if anything Taylor is more composed on the ball, he certainly has better control. Sorry but I see little difference between the two and if Richards is worth £20m then Taylor must be, which he isn't, neither of them are. Based on what I've seen, I'd have Onuoha ahead of Richards.

come on, Richards is ten times more athletic, stronger and I cannot belive you think Taylor is better on the ball

Guest Knightrider

come on, Richards is ten times more athletic, stronger and I cannot belive you think Taylor is better on the ball

More athletic, how do you work that out, 10 times mor too? :lol:

Do you even know what athletic means?

As for stronger, again how do you work that one out?

I bet you think he has a bigger nob as well...

I think even Taylor's harshest critics will vouch for his strength, did you see his performance against Drogba last season at SJP? The Chelsea man just bounced off him like he was a brick wall and had to revert to shirt pulling.

Ball control, if you watch Richards when he runs with the ball he overhits it and only his pace makes this less obvious as he strides to the ball, but to a keen eye you can see his control isn't the greatest, Taylor's is very good on the hand, he's quite comfortable on the ball for a CB.

I stand by my comment, they are similar players in terms of where they are at, both huge potential but a long way to go, any differences are marginal.

You can believe Richards is 10 times better though, if you want :lol:

If Richards played for us and Taylor played for Man City, then Taylor would be the natural replacement to John Terry, and Richards would be getting polls made comparing him to Peter Ramage after a bad performance in a UEFA Cup match when Ramage looked decent for a change. True story.

If Richards played for us and Taylor played for Man City, then Taylor would be the natural replacement to John Terry, and Richards would be getting polls made comparing him to Peter Ramage after a bad performance in a UEFA Cup match when Ramage looked decent for a change. True story.

It's not true, that's just your opinion as you overrate our young players and when anyone questions them you throw the "Well lets sell them because they're not the finished article at 21" line like a big tart. True story.

I think even Taylor's harshest critics will vouch for his strength, did you see his performance against Drogba last season at SJP? The Chelsea man just bounced off him like he was a brick wall and had to revert to shirt pulling.

Ball control, if you watch Richards when he runs with the ball he overhits it and only his pace makes this less obvious as he strides to the ball, but to a keen eye you can see his control isn't the greatest, Taylor's is very good on the hand, he's quite comfortable on the ball for a CB.

I stand by my comment, they are similar players in terms of where they are at, both huge potential but a long way to go, any differences are marginal.

he's a hell of a lot quicker and more agile than Taylor

strength? yes he did very well against Drogba but i've also seen him muscled off the ball by strikers with average strength. Richards seems very strong

I don't think Richards is 10 times better and never said that, I do think he's better though

he's a hell of a lot quicker and more agile than Taylor

strength? yes he did very well against Drogba but i've also seen him muscled off the ball by strikers with average strength. Richards seems very strong

I don't think Richards is 10 times better and never said that, I do think he's better though

Your found out more at center back than right back tbf.

extended quotes from earlier articles in the Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/newcastle/article2141441.ece

Will be interesting to see where the money goes. And what type of player we buy to replace Dyer.

The pace is the only thing we shall miss from him, in which case SWP is an obvious replacement if you think of Dyer as a right winger. but we are stocked with Geremi, Milner and Solano.

So maybe we look for a Central Midfielder, or do we look for a ulitily player with pace and skill to match what Dyer potentially has.

It's not true, that's just your opinion as you overrate our young players and when anyone questions them you throw the "Well lets sell them because they're not the finished article at 21" line like a big tart. True story.

I overrate them? I think Taylor is gonna be a genuine quality player and the same for N'Zogbia. Apart from that i think Milner is a very handy player who IF he improves his crossing can be a good player for us. I don't think anything about the others. Is that overrating them three like?