Baines rejects Mackems

Decky

Guest Guinness

Relieved he's turned them down, I'd have been gutted if he signed for them. Would still love to see him here.

Guest Bramble OG

Thought we were struggling to get defenders in but to be rejected by a Southampton defender and now one from wigan(very good one i admit) has to hurt!

Whatever happened to all the world class players wanting to join purely for there love of Roy Keane?

Looks like he may be heading to Everton.

NB. If, as has been suggested, he is too small for Sam's liking as a FB what is Sam doing saying N'Zogbia may do a job there? Makes his seemingly refusal to consider Baines all the more baffling.

NB. If, as has been suggested, he is too small for Sam's liking as a FB what is Sam doing saying N'Zogbia may do a job there? Makes his seemingly refusal to consider Baines all the more baffling.

Oliver made all that "height" s**** up tbh

Which begs the question; why isn't Sam interested in him? Can he not defend?

Oliver made all that "height" s**** up tbh

Which begs the question; why isn't Sam interested in him? Can he not defend?

He's better going foward than defending.

Its ok we can get Baines aswell as the Reading man, we are going for RB Nicky Shorey according to Luke Edwards.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=united-focus-on-right-brede%26method=full%26objectid=19514627%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

(at the bottom)

Maybe I missed something and he can play either side!

hm.. you don't usually see left footed defenders on the right side

Its ok we can get Baines aswell as the Reading man, we are going for RB Nicky Shorey according to Luke Edwards.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=united-focus-on-right-brede%26method=full%26objectid=19514627%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

(at the bottom)

Maybe I missed something and he can play either side!

hm.. you don't usually see left footed defenders on the right side

I think the journo has got it wrong.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=252358

Embarassing arrogance.

A lot of people on here, myself included go on and on about how arrogant and deluded newcastle fans are....Correct?

From the goings on from some people on this message board recently is it fair to say that some on here share that deluded arrogance....?

Invading Preston and Wigan message boards saying what a massive club we are what a massive history we have, what fantastic loyal supporters we have why we should be signing their top players and how dare they question the players views and decisions when they decide not to come to us is embarassing. We have won fuck all for 34 years and have been the Premier leagues Yo-yo club extrodinaire for the last 10 years.

Why do some people think any player would not be jumping at the chance to play for Roy keane and Niall Quinn when to be honest our squad is shit and we must be one of the favourites for relegation regardless of what the deluded and arrogant say about the fucking Magic carpet and Roy simply won't allow it bollocks what the fuck has it got to do with him? if we go into the season with the squad the way it is now he won't have a fucking choice.

If this does happen well fair enough we go down and get on with it and if we come back up will the same people still be on other peoples message boards telling the rest of the premier leagues teams that we are going to take all there best players because super massive Sunderland won the league a few years ago and the cup a couple of times.

Embarassing.

No better than mags some people on here.

In fact worse than mags at least the mags are in a position to attract players and have been for quite a while now whereas we, unfortunately are not until we get ourselves established, so until then would people kindly fuck off.

cheers.

FUCK OFF

(the above is a premptive fuck off for anyone who wishes to disagee)

--------------------------------------

Nice one Travis Bickle. Some of the shite your lot have come out with on the Wigan forums is disgraceful. You'd think they were supporters of Liverpool or Barcelona fans they way they were banging on at them.  :clap:

He's better going foward than defending.

So is the Zog.

Not saying its a bad thing. Bridge is better at attacking than he is at defending but he is an excellent full back. I'd definitely take Baines. I'm not sure if N'Zogbia would make a good full back. It would take a bit of work and he would make quite a few mistakes at first. He might be able to convert into a very good full back, but i think he could be a very special winger in a few years, so i'd rather he stuck to his natural position.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=252358

Embarassing arrogance.

A lot of people on here, myself included go on and on about how arrogant and deluded newcastle fans are....Correct?

From the goings on from some people on this message board recently is it fair to say that some on here share that deluded arrogance....?

Invading Preston and Wigan message boards saying what a massive club we are what a massive history we have, what fantastic loyal supporters we have why we should be signing their top players and how dare they question the players views and decisions when they decide not to come to us is embarassing. We have won fuck all for 34 years and have been the Premier leagues Yo-yo club extrodinaire for the last 10 years.

Why do some people think any player would not be jumping at the chance to play for Roy keane and Niall Quinn when to be honest our squad is shit and we must be one of the favourites for relegation regardless of what the deluded and arrogant say about the fucking Magic carpet and Roy simply won't allow it bollocks what the fuck has it got to do with him? if we go into the season with the squad the way it is now he won't have a fucking choice.

If this does happen well fair enough we go down and get on with it and if we come back up will the same people still be on other peoples message boards telling the rest of the premier leagues teams that we are going to take all there best players because super massive Sunderland won the league a few years ago and the cup a couple of times.

Embarassing.

No better than mags some people on here.

In fact worse than mags at least the mags are in a position to attract players and have been for quite a while now whereas we, unfortunately are not until we get ourselves established, so until then would people kindly fuck off.

cheers.

FUCK OFF

(the above is a premptive fuck off for anyone who wishes to disagee)

--------------------------------------

Nice one Travis Bickle. Some of the shite your lot have come out with on the Wigan forums is disgraceful. You'd think they were supporters of Liverpool or Barcelona fans they way they were banging on at them.  :clap:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=252358&page=2

:lol:

Guest khyberpass

N'Zogbia did start out his career at left-back...

As for Baines, just because he's better than what we have and we all rate and would like to see him here, that doesn't mean the manager ought to be signing players he clearly doesn't rate, thinks is too expensive or isn't the kind of left-back he wants at the club, and we have to accept that and trust his judgment. We can't sign every player that comes available and the manager shouldn't get flack for NOT signing Baines, he should get flack for not signing a left-back if come the end of the transfer window we haven't signed one, but there is plenty of time left to go.

Reading between the lines and listening to those who think they are in the know it seems we've had a bid accepted for Heinze, but the player doesn't really want to join us, and we've giving him a cut-off point which may or may not have passed yet, who knows.

Looking at some of the full-backs we've been linked with it seems the manager is looking at versatile players FIRST who can play in the centre too (Heinze, Beye) which is understandable given the number of players he will be looking at signing and the uncertainty over what kind of funds he has available for now.

I fully expect us to sign at least 3 players, two defenders and a midfielder, before the transfer window closes. Who - remains to be seen, but I'd guess whoever we sign will be versatile.

Im finding myself agreeing with HTT on a lot of threads....must be ill.....but I still agree with this thread!. I'll wait to see who Sam signs before moaning...if he doesnt sign a decent one, or turn Edgar/Baba/Zoggie into a quality LB, then I'll moan like F**K!!!