Emre must go.

Parky

Time to ditch the little fella. Has some bright moments in games but dissapears for long periods and often the passing and free kicks are woeful.

There is apparently interest from European and Turkish clubs and I don't think he is dynamic enough in the way Gudjohnsen or Baptista would be in a 433.

Also he is another with the perpetual injury merry-go-round.

This would be the time to get shot.

I don't think he is a SA player.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Agree 100%. Never really understood the hype surrounding the little fella, surely he is just living of his free kick against the unwashed!

Always been one of my fave toon players when hes on form and unless we get a much better player in place of him, I think we still really need him.

If he was to go then I wouldn't accept anything under £4m.

Guest eyeball_tickler

he's a player i'd give another season too. if we can get him fit and into a team playing good football i think he'd shine.

The thing about Emre is it really does appear as though he just isn't up to playing in midfield in the premiership as he just doesn't deal well with the physical nature of the game.

He is either going to pick up an injury or he is going to let a bad challenge on him get under his skin and then he just spends the whole game having a go at the ref or the opposition whilst not performing very well for us!

A real shame because he has quality but probably best suited to Spain and Italy.

A top player held back by an awful partner in Scott Parker, he's technically the best midfielder on our books and i'd be gutted if we were to lose him and sign a plodder like Fletcher.

Time to ditch the little fella. Has some bright moments in games but dissapears for long periods and often the passing and free kicks are woeful.

There is apparently interest from European and Turkish clubs and I don't think he is dynamic enough in the way Gudjohnsen or Baptista would be in a 433.

Also he is another with the perpetual injury merry-go-round.

This would be the time to get shot.

I don't think he is a SA player.

anti Tork parky?

the kebab boys will round tonight

A top player held back by an awful partner in Scott Parker, he's technically the best midfielder on our books and i'd be gutted if we were to lose him and sign a plodder like Fletcher.

I agree, we miss him when he doesnt play, particularly at home to teams that sit back as he is the one who drives us forward and makes us play through midfield instead of just humping it forward.

Where has all this come from???? I understand he's injury prone that that is a weakness for any player, but why would we want to get rid of a player who is obviously a very tidy player. I genuinely cant 100% judge any player properly who has played within the last 2 regimes. Simple as that. I dont think there was a single player who has had 2/3 consistent years of good footballunde Souness or Roeder...is that a coicidence or a relative point. In my point it is very relevant. Further to that, i honestly believe that we want to be keeping players who are cpable of somethin that can turn a game. He is indisputably one of those players.

Guest Magpie007

We need another central midfielder on top of the ones we've got. It's not the time to be selling anybody.

who do we bring in ?

If we really do have faith in Allardyce to improve the injuries and improve results then surely one player who deserves a chance under the new regime is Emre? He's quite clearly one of the most gifted players in the squad. It's no coincidence we've played our best football with him in the side.

We need another central midfielder on top of the ones we've got. It's not the time to be selling anybody.

This.

Plus I actually think this will be a good year for Emre. He looked bright under Souness, but has never been fit enough to put a consistent run together, I dont think (like many others) Roeder used him in the best way. If we sell Emre thats two more players in Midfield we need.

Personally would like to see what Sam can do with him and how he will utilise him, but can understand peoples frustration with him.

this,  and he may have had injuries but tbh who hasn't here. Keep.

Guest niina

Why sell? It's like we have enough players for the center midfielder area. Before new players coming for that certain position, I hope Emre (and also Dyer) stay. Not for the reason because they are good (as opposite in this thread, or Dyer thread), but simply because we don't have enough cover.

Sam seems to like a team full of hard workers with one or two players given the creative licence. It may well be that Emre would be one of those players, and it's a role he could revel in. You can see he wants to be the playmaker, yet Souness had this mad idea which he said to the press that he was a defensive midfielder and asked Parker to push up.

Parker and Emre never worked together, but Emre and Butt produced our best football. Allardyce's first move was to sell Parker and he's already come out and said he likes Emre.

Sums it up, though I think he was poor last year as much due to Roeder's awful tactics as much as Parker's awful football.

If we're going to be playing 4-3-3 then selling Emre would be absolute madness, as he's a perfect 4-3-3 player. In a 2-man midfield he can't really play DM (not good enough defensively) or AM (doesn't get up to support the strikers well enough) but he's the type of player you need in a 4-3-3.

Technically brilliant, great vision and covers a lot of ground. With a proper DM beside him to protect the back 4 and someone like Barton who will get forward and get goals, Emre can be our deep-lying playmaker. With someone like Viduka who we can play the ball into feet to, coupled with full-backs who won't hoof the ball aimlessly forward under even the slightest pressure, we'll see Emre's game improve immensely this season.

I've gone into more depth on this a number of times, can't be arsed again.