Dyer's replacement

TRon

barton butt milner

swp                                      duff

if all fit id start that, get the chelsea reserve connection goin

FYP. :cheesy:

Some stage Riches, aye. We'll see a 4-5-1. But, i'll be very surprised if we line-up with that on August 11th. I've said this last night and yes i know, they're only friendlies, but we've played 4-4-2 twice this season and played our opponents off the park. We played 4-5-1 once and were nearly beaten by a League 1 side.

Plus, you have to think about the psychological and realistic issues. Not only do our players have the capabilities and positional sense that fit into a 4-4-2, but that's what every single one of them are used to playing with, that's what they know. It'd be an entirely new berth and a mammoth task to get them all playing a completely new system, having had only one pre-season.

Agree, 4-5-1 at some point and i'd like to see it, cos Sam has proven that it works. But it's 4-4-2 at the moment, imo.

Don't disagree it could well be a 4-4-2 start but as we agreed it'll very likely end up a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 whatever you want to call it.

As you've probably seen in the post above, thats why I think Nolan would be a decent acquisition. Not because he's a world beater just because he'll be able to help everyone around integrate Sam's systems on the pitch where Allardyce can't communicate effectively with them.

If we're gonna pick from Bolton's midfield, i'd much rather bring in Abdoulaye Faye. Really good player and has the same things Nolan has in regards to knowing-Allardyce-and-his-tactics.

Plus, he'd also compliment The Janitor's "big bastard at the back" theory.

I don't really know Faye but isn't he more of a holding player than Nolan?

I was thinking Nolan would be pushing on when attacking and dragging everyone else back into position when defending.

I don't really know Faye but isn't he more of a holding player than Nolan?

I was thinking Nolan would be pushing on when attacking and dragging everyone else back into position when defending.

None of you see Geremi playing in the centre of the park then? People would rather Milner there? Yikes!

Guest black

Has anyone actually thought about the fact that this has all come about because not only is Sam going to replace him but he has all but been replaced already?

Who is most likely to suffer if we were to sign a creative midfielder?

The man who thinks he's a centre midfielder maybe?

I hope it's who we all thought it was the week before last but it makes sense considering the prat has always rated himself as a potential starting 11 England player.

I think allardyce has in his mind to play Geremi, Barton and emre in a midfield 3 eventually With duff left and milner right, or martins/ owen etc. With the duke as lone centre forward in the 4-3-3.

I think diarra would be a tremendous signing for the defensive midfiel role in a 4-3-3. I would like to see.

Diarra

barton                    emre

milner                                                          duff

viduka

or

owen and martins either side of viduka

I think diarra would be a tremendous signing for the defensive midfiel role in a 4-3-3. I would like to see.

Diarra

barton                    emre

milner                                                          duff

viduka

Diarra just signed for a french team so...........NEXT!

I don't think we need to replace Dyer during this window, he didn't really have a position anyway. Will give Emre more chance to feature in a more attacking role.

We shouldn't be looking at anything other than defenders for the next two weeks IMO. 

theres too many diarras in the world....I think we could actually cope without a replacement for Dyer until January but you never know with our injury misfortunes, hopefully Sams regime should provide more preventative measures though so fingers crossed

There's every chance Allardyce will 'decide/have no choice but to' reshuffle the pack rather than replace him with another player, for the Bolton game at least. By that I mean playing Carr at right back and moving Geremi/Solano into central midfield, as he did against Celtic. Then when Barton/Emre are back, he can move Geremi/Solano back to right back if Carr (predictably) is injured or underperforming.

Far from ideal, but the first priorities must be a left back and a centre back, then a centre mid. How far down that list we get is anyone's guess, Sam says he's confident he'll get 3-4 in but he's not confident of the quality he can get.

Kieron Dyer is irreplacable. There is no other player in the world that has his high speed ball control. Dyer has not benefitted from being forced to play in rigid formations under recent management, and a departure would be a very very very bad career move.

He is an asset Sam won't want to lose, I don't want to lose, but it will allow us to reshuffle and play a more conventional formation more effectively.

Kieron Dyer is irreplacable. There is no other player in the world that has his high speed ball control. Dyer has not benefitted from being forced to play in rigid formations under recent management, and a departure would be a very very very bad career move.

He is an asset Sam won't want to lose, I don't want to lose, but it will allow us to reshuffle and play a more conventional formation more effectively.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your avatar comment is spot on mate.

:lol: I love this guy, he tries so hard to appear football smart..

And as for a replacement, body wise I'd take Appiah, position wise I'd stick N'zogbia there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The first two sentences were said by Allardyce himself last week. The third sentence is the general consensus of the forum.

The second paragraph gathers that info, saying we will therefore have to reshuffle instead of replace.

So what is so funny about that?

The first two sentences were said by Allardyce himself last week. The third sentence is the general consensus of the forum.

The second paragraph gathers that info, saying we will therefore have to reshuffle instead of replace.

So what is so funny about that?

You're saying you've strung together some random comments made by different people and you make it look as if you're saying it.

Then you wonder what is funny about it.

OK.