Newcastle 2 - 0 Juventus (friendly) - Post match thoughts from page 23

Dave

Can't see Trezeguet ever fitting into the English style game, he's far too slow lethargic. Plus, he's not a whippersnapper anymore so by the time he's grasped the game here, he'd be on the backburner career-wise. Plus he's a money-grabbing tosser and like i say, Ameobi would actually be in it for the cause. Plus, he'd still be third/fourth choice and wouldn't be worth the hassle!

Trezeguet was well off the pace today but to be fair who can blame him. It's still the start of their pre-season.

I can't believe how energetic Nedved still looks, class act.

Guest Knightrider

Can't see Trezeguet ever fitting into the English style game, he's far too slow lethargic. Plus, he's not a whippersnapper anymore so by the time he's grasped the game here, he'd be on the backburner career-wise. Plus he's a money-grabbing tosser and like i say, Ameobi would actually be in it for the cause. Plus, he'd still be third/fourth choice and wouldn't be worth the hassle!

I think 2J took my comment too literally, that I was somehow saying Ameobi is the better player or has more ability.

Great performance given the team put out. Our kids began sitting too deep in the second half but grew and grew in confidence.

Juve never looked that up for it and their final ball always let them down. Our defence looked ropey every time it was put under pressure and we were lucky not to get punished. This is something we'll have to get used to if we don't get in the defenders we need, we rode our luck at times today but at least Given was flawless.

I am impressed with Rozenhal though, looks a very composed defender, doesn't flap.

Worth mentioning Geremi's set-pieces, he puts it in the danger area with pace and swerve, should be a useful weapon over the season.

Milner deserves a shout for another excellent display and I'm very pleased to see N'Zogbia with his confidence back, he looks like the old Zoggy.

You seem to know quite a bit about Trezeguet, what's his favourite colour?

bluelaugh.gif

Blue.

No, yellooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaarrrghhh!!!!!

I've heard he likes Frosties for breakfast.

Guest Knightrider

Green

I thought Ramage had a good game TBH. Looks solid alongside Rozehnal.

He did well, I agree. I'd be inclined to think that was the presence of Rozehnal rather than anything else though at this stage. If that is the case, he looks an even better signing.

Guest Knightrider

I thought Ramage had a good game TBH. Looks solid alongside Rozehnal.

He did well, I agree. I'd be inclined to think that was the presence of Rozehnal rather than anything else though at this stage. If that is the case, he looks an even better signing.

That, the Big Sam effect and a lazy Juventus forward line.

What was I saying the other day though about solid and dependable if called upon? Was that today without a doubt.

Trezeguet was well off the pace today but to be fair who can blame him. It's still the start of their pre-season.

I can't believe how energetic Nedved still looks, class act.

Our lass also helpfully pointed out that Nedved looks like Ziggy off Big Brother.

http://wzeu.ask.com/r?t=a&d=eu&s=uk&c=p&ti=1&ai=30751&l=dir&o=0&sv=0a652826&ip=5ac8ba0d&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wsoccer.com%2Fplayers%2Fn%2Fnedved_pavel%2Fnedved_pavel6.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/media/images/Channel4/bigbrother8/days/d55_230707_mon/Strike%20a%20Paws/Ziggy--bb8-A.jpg

What an enjoyable game it was today, pleased for Luque again to score Geremi looks good in the centre and it was nice to see Zoggs back to his old self. We really do need some experience at the back, Huntington was totally exposed, I like this Rozehnal very much he looks very composed and self assured  and Ramage had a good game also. Out of the up and coming youngsters I like very much Edgar, Troisi and Carrol don't know much about the other two who came at the end I would like to see Carrol and Troisi go out on loan for a season just so they could get some experience. Motm was should of went to Zoggs, Given had f*** all to do really except for a couple of fine saves. I have to admit I'm feeling good about the up and coming season.

Green

I thought Green aswell.  Does anyone else think Trezeguet = Green?

Guest Guinness

Thought it was a decent performance today, the youth players did well in the second half. I was really impressed with N'Zogbia today, looks like he's getting back to his best. Caroll was impressive, he did well in the second half playing as the lone striker and scored a nice goal too. Rozehnal looked steady in the first half, all in all a decent display although our need for a left back is evident.

Green

I thought Green aswell.  Does anyone else think Trezeguet = Green?

Blue I reckon.

How shit is Trezegeut these days?  ;D

We were the better team by far and I had a tenner on us @10/1 to win 2-0.  :clap2:

Pure shite, I'd honestly rather have Ameobi. He was shocking and very lazy. Easy day for Ramage says it all.

Gold.

I'd rather have Ameobi tbh. Both will get you ten goals max, but only one of them will be commited to the task. The other will ask for a bazillion gazumbas a week n'all.

The same Trezeguet who is Juventus' all time top foreign goalscorer? oh aye I forget that Ameobi's record puts him to shame.

Guest Geordie_Paul

Was at the game like today, have to say well done to the TU for at least trying to stir up the crowd, i was sat in the south west stand and felt like at times i was being laughed at for singing which is pathetic tbh!!

Boumsong didn't come i don't think like, Pattison is a total pudding and as far as i'm concerned doesn't deserve a first team run-out... huntington was beaten far to easily every time... other than that i thought the team played well and a 2-0 result against Juventus is cracking tbh!! Espesch when you consider it was basically a 2nd team in the 2nd half!

The same Trezeguet who is Juventus' all time top foreign goalscorer? oh aye I forget that Ameobi's record puts him to shame.

Highest scoring Nigerian for Newcastle, fact.

Highest scoring Nigerian for Newcastle, fact.

Adopted Englishman so that doesn't count. ;)