Newcastle 2 - 0 Juventus (friendly) - Post match thoughts from page 23

Dave

The Times have just released an article with the headline : "Martins seals Newcastle victory" ?????!!!!????

I saw that, probably so they can link Martins to Juve in the morning.  :rolleyes:

Huntingtons positional sense at left back was poor. On numerous occasions he let his man get goal side of him. BSA has to make a proper left back a priority.

Pattison didn't look up to it again. Apart from that i thought it was an encouraging performance.

Cracking performances all round, except Huntington who got skinned about a zillion times.

Guest mr quimbys beard

great result, just hope we get the couple of defenders we need before the season starts.

It was an excellent game again apart for the first 20 minutes after the break which isn't a surprise considering we had made so many changes.  N'Zogbia had a brilliant game, Milner was excellent Geremi will be wasted if he's not played through the middle, Nobby wasn't too bad but he went missing at times.  Martins caused Juve loads of problems and Luque had a good game and for Skirge, he showed plenty of bottle and won plenty of headers.  Rozenhal is starting to look like a steal for us, he never flaps and reads the game well.

The only negatives for me were our fullbacks, how Huntington gets a game before Edgar I'll never know, Carr may have been slightly better than his normal shit self but he's not good enough, some of his touches were poor and he's so slow he can't get back when the ball is played behind him.

Ramage had a good game in the middle, I didn't see him do anything wrong, Pattison wasn't as bad as usual and actually made some nice passes, Troisi wasn't as involved but what he did was done well, he seems to have a good centre of gravity, he rarely goes to ground when tackling or turning at Speed.

Carroll looked good without looking spectacular, if today had been anything other than a friendly they would have gone down to 10 men when Carroll was taken out by the keeper, the keeper knew what he was doing.  What I liked about Carroll is that he was playing a team that has for years been regarded as one of the best in Europe yet he had no respect for anybody, he just gave everything he could to win the ball and try to put them under pressure.

Man of the match for me was N'Zogbia, the booing of Dyer is pathetic, if he'd played 90 minutes the way he played when he came on, he would have pushed N'Zogbia for man of the match.