Newcastle 2 - 0 Juventus (friendly) - Post match thoughts from page 23

Dave

Given 7 - Saved well, terrible distribution

Carr 8 - Excellent last ditch anticipation, got forwards well

Rozehnal 7 - Composed

Ramage 7 - Solid

Huntington 5 - Not a left back

Solano 7 - At his best at times for touch passing and movement, but often went missing

Geremi 8 - Mobile and effective

N'Zogbia 9 - Confident, terrorising, passed the ball well

Milner 8 - Gave Juve the runaround

Martins 7 - Some of the best link up I've seen from him.

Luque 6 - Good flick-ons and linkups, scored

Carroll 7 - Brave and energetic. Scored.

Dyer 7 - Excellent. Saved shot was actually a very good save by Buffon.

Patisson 6 - Best NUFC performance, but not upto it.

Troisi 6 - Did ok

Edgar 7 - Solid

Lough 6 - Being a natural left back, he was positionally better than Huntington

Barnett - Was pretty invisible, due to Juventus onslaught at end.

Rozehnal 7 - Composed

Ramage 7 - Solid

Solano 7 - At his best at times for touch passing and movement, but often went missing

Troisi 6 - Did ok

Edgar 7 - Solid

Two points, Carr was not worth 8 and Pattison didn't play his best game for us, he did that in Shearer's Testimonial.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

good game today, even though i had to listen to it on japanese commentary!! Players looked in good shape, Roz looks composed on the ball and was very impressed with Geremi in the middle... Great all round performance... Hopefully we'll see a couple of additions to the squad in the next week or so!! A lot of youngsters out there shows the need for experience...

Rozehnal 7 - Composed

Ramage 7 - Solid

Troisi 6 - Did ok

Edgar 7 - Solid

Two points, Carr was not worth 8 and Pattison didn't play his best game for us, he did that in Shearer's Testimonial.

I'm usually giving Carr 4's so the improvement has probably shocked me.

Guest Guinness

Was shocked by Carr's performance today, he actually looked like he could defend! Having said that it was pretty clear they had identified Hunty as our weakness and focused most attacks down that flank.

Guest Morph

I was dissapointed with the cretins chanting toward Dyer today.  Also a bit dissapointed with Juve's performance, especially second half against our academy side.  Thought they could have at least got one.

I was dissapointed with the cretins chanting toward Dyer today.  Also a bit dissapointed with Juve's performance, especially second half against our academy side.  Thought they could have at least got one.

They had some promising positions but finshing and final balls were poor.

The Idiots booing dyer should be exterminated, played well today new signing look good and the youngsters did well even though Juve weren't at their best. Lots of positives to take from today cant think of any real negatives, one more defender and the injured players back, looks good.

Guest Morph

I thought the kids looked composed like tbh.  Wouldn't be at all fussed if they were to used sparingly throughout the season.

We definitely look better defending set-pieces so far. We'll always make the individual errors because most of the defenders aren't simply good enough. At least they seem to have a bit of organisation about them now though so we shouldn't concede as many goals.

Carr looked a lot sharper, mentally and physically. It looks like he's one player who's benefitting from Allardyce's fitness regime.

What a good player Troisi is. He always looked like he wanted the ball, and tried to use it positively. Didn't always make the best decision of course, but that'll come in time. Apart from inexperience, I couldn't really spot a weakness.

Zoggy looked good when things opened up in the second half, and he had space to run into with the ball. In the first half, when things were a bit tighter, he disappeared. I don't think he's going to make it in that centre mid position ultimately.

I really enjoyed the game. It was nice to see the youngsters relax and give a good account of themselves against much more experienced opposition. You could tell it was getting to the Juve players at the end - being held quite comfortably by a bunch of kids.

only worry i can see with troisi is that he lacks a burst of pace, creative players these days who don't have this need to be something special to succeed.

I'm surprised to hear you say that. I think he's got quite a good change of pace, like many players with that short, quick stride pattern. If we blood one youngster this season, it's got to be him.

But overall, memo to Ashley - If Allardyce can get a performance like that out of that bunch of players, think what he could do if you give him some reinforcements.

only worry i can see with troisi is that he lacks a burst of pace, creative players these days who don't have this need to be something special to succeed.

Gazza wasn't fast but he knew how to use the ball, I'm not saying Troisi is the next Gazza but if he's good enough with the ball he'll ge away with a lack of speed, Gazza just didn't let people get close to the ball, he was excellent at shielding it when running, it meant a player had to try and get through him to get at it.

But overall, memo to Ashley - If Allardyce can get a performance like that out of that bunch of players, think what he could do if you give him some reinforcements.

As it says in that Smith article, it's funny. If we'd been thrashed by Celtic and Juve it'd probably have been much easier to convince the board to spend. :lol: :(

shedloads of Juve reaction up on www.juventus.com

Ranieri reckons they dominated the match and would have won had it not been for Given. Maybe he was watching a different match to me because I only remember a few saves.

shedloads of Juve reaction up on www.juventus.com

Ranieri reckons they dominated the match and would have won had it not been for Given. Maybe he was watching a different match to me because I only remember a few saves.

Remember one cracking save down low they reviewed at full time, but other than taking the ball from attackers' feet a few times he had pretty much fuck all to do. Certainly wasn't busy.

Ranieri's been on the slide since he left Chelsea.  He'll flop with Juventus just like he did at Valencia.

Seem to remember he was a semi-popular choice for potential Toon boss.