That song that the players run out to...

NSG
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It'll always be good after we've won. Not so sure about when we lose. :lol:

I thought it was a fantastic touch after the Arsenal game, but if we're gonna play it then we might aswell play it at the start.

right then lets start with Scoreboard 82..... the decision to bring local hero back after the full time whistle was taken a good few weeks ago... a couple of months ago i guess, can I just say again that any changes to intro / outro songs are given to me by the club... it's not something i have ANY influence on. It was deemed inappropriate to play it after defeats... so it returned for the arsenal game and again today.

fraser: I believe "fried chicken" is sung at the end of one vision.

BooBoo: no offence taken.. music is subjective, personally i think led zepellin is a good choice as they seem to be in the news at the moment , joy division is not one i plan on playlisting but i believe Rob is doing the Man City game so all is not lost! just to confirm that I'm no longer able to do any mid week games this year so you may get to hear more of Rob in weeks to come.

Mick: I didn't want to get caught in traffic! (I also wanted to go out last night!! Oxford just doesn't compare to the toon on a friday night.)

michaelfoster: for the longsands version of "blaydon races" you could try their website http://www.longsands.co.uk and if you haven't got local hero by now then you are beyond help!!

right then lets start with Scoreboard 82..... the decision to bring local hero back after the full time whistle was taken a good few weeks ago... a couple of months ago i guess, can I just say again that any changes to intro / outro songs are given to me by the club... it's not something i have ANY influence on. It was deemed inappropriate to play it after defeats... so it returned for the arsenal game and again today.

Well, like i said, if they're gonna play it - play it at the start so they can play it for every game.

BooBoo: no offence taken.. music is subjective, personally i think led zepellin is a good choice as they seem to be in the news at the moment , joy division is not one i plan on playlisting but i believe Rob is doing the Man City game so all is not lost! just to confirm that I'm no longer able to do any mid week games this year so you may get to hear more of Rob in weeks to come.

Mick: I didn't want to get caught in traffic! (I also wanted to go out last night!! Oxford just doesn't compare to the toon on a friday night.)

michaelfoster: for the longsands version of "blaydon races" you could try their website http://www.longsands.co.uk and if you haven't got local hero by now then you are beyond help!!

I understand.

I wonder if the club are aware of how popular the tune is for a pre-match tune. Maybe you could just have a word and bring this poll to their attention eh?

I understand.

I wonder if the club are aware of how popular the tune is for a pre-match tune. Maybe you could just have a word and bring this poll to their attention eh?

I'm sure a whole 9 people will really influence their decision-making.

Just realised that only 13 people have voted so i don't suppose the poll will have much influence after all.

Still think the majority of fans would like it back pre - match though.

There was a poll a while back that had 500 or so voting for it back.

Jamie - yes there was a fault in the south west corner in particular.. the entire pa was switched off in that area yesterday. it's being looked at again...and again...and again!! On the neverending local hero thing / going home (theme from local hero thing)... I'm sure the club have listened to the fans about wanting it back and they have brought it back (albeit at the end of the game). Nothing is ever set in stone but my guess is that blaydon races for the walk out and local hero at the end is likely to be the way it's going to stay for awhile... well unless i get told to change it around again that is!

I think a maverick PA Guy should defy orders and stick on Local Hero before the Derby game. The reaction would soon show the club that most people want it back at the start!

How about just having the fans make the noise and be done with before and after songs.  Its not a fkcing disco.

Play quality music at half time and execute the PA man who was a complete nobba when Shepherd was in charge.

Guest Toon Barmy

Jamie - yes there was a fault in the south west corner in particular.. the entire pa was switched off in that area yesterday. it's being looked at again...and again...and again!! On the neverending local hero thing / going home (theme from local hero thing)... I'm sure the club have listened to the fans about wanting it back and they have brought it back (albeit at the end of the game). Nothing is ever set in stone but my guess is that blaydon races for the walk out and local hero at the end is likely to be the way it's going to stay for awhile... well unless i get told to change it around again that is!

I'm in level 7 leazes and there's been no pa for the last 3 games.  Final word on the song.  Blaydon races is historically linked to NUFC, not the film score, playing it at the end is a good compromise.

If the club insist on Blaydon Races then they should commision a new version of it, the one they play, by The Longsands I think, sounds like it is being sung by my Granddad.

And it was after a charity gig in Shearer’s Bar in September that the club approached The Longsands about recording the new song.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2007/11/07/band-delight-as-team-run-out-to-their-song-61634-20072337/

• 3 months later...
Guest toonlass

The Longsands version is amateurish to be fair. Can someone do a proper version of it, please.

It is completely pap, but better than the other(comedy) version they used to play. We need some rebel, rousing music to come out to or nowt at all.

Guest toonlass

Don't like Queen but this:

One man one goal one mission,

One heart one soul just one solution,

One flash of light yeah one god one vision.

One flesh one bone,

One true religion,

One voice one hope,

One real decision,

Wowowowo gimme one vision.

No wrong no right,

I'm gonna tell you there's no black and no white,

No blood no stain,

All we need is one world wide vision.

One flesh one bone,

One true religion,

One race one hope,

One real decision,

Wowowowo oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah.

I had a dream,

When I was young,

A dream of sweet illusion,

A glimpse of hope and unity,

And visions of one sweet union,

But a cold wind blows,

And a dark rain falls,

And in my heart it shows,

Look what they've done to my dream.

So give me your hands,

Give me your hearts,

I'm ready,

There's only one direction,

One world one nation,

Yeah one vision.

No hate no fight,

Just excitation,

All through the night,

It's a celebration wowowowo yeah.

One flesh one bone,

One true religion,

One voice one hope,

One real decision.

Gimme one night,

Gimme one hope,

Just gimme,

One man one man,

One bar one night,

One day hey hey,

Just gimme gimme gimme,

Fried chicken

Tidied

Guest toonlass

Or some Carl Orff.   :shifty:

The Longsands version is amateurish to be fair. Can someone do a proper version of it, please.

It is completely pap, but better than the other(comedy) version they used to play. We need some rebel, rousing music to come out to or nowt at all.

? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwlLaJuwEr4 ?

Can't see it going over well myself.

:laugh: