Faye signs three year deal

STM

Good player from what i've heard and seen, cheap price, good rotating player who can play in a few positions, i just hope he's being bought as a RB to edge Carr out of the squad.

Although fitter and more up for it, he's still s****.

indeed, if we get Faye and Belletti there's no way that irish c*** should get anywhere near the squad

Good player from what i've heard and seen, cheap price, good rotating player who can play in a few positions, i just hope he's being bought as a RB to edge Carr out of the squad.

Although fitter and more up for it, he's still s****.

indeed, if we get Faye and Belletti there's no way that irish c*** should get anywhere near the squad

Two good options at RB, both very different in style, i like it.

Has Faye ever even played RB? Not sure why people think he's being brought in for that position. I think we'll sign an actual RB before the 31st.

I definitely expect a natural RB to come in.

Perhaps a more attack minded RB, with Faye playing there when we feel a more physical approach is needed against the better teams away from home. Would make sense, if he can play RB at all that is.

Also can back up Butt as DM and provide another alternate to Ramage (no offence if you're reading, Pete) at CB.

Given his versatility and how upset the Bolton fans are I'm quite liking this signing. :D

Has Faye ever even played RB? Not sure why people think he's being brought in for that position. I think we'll sign an actual RB before the 31st.

Perhaps a more attack minded RB, with Faye playing there when we feel a more physical approach is needed against the better teams away from home. Would make sense, if he can play RB at all that is.

Also can back up Butt as DM and provide another alternate to Ramage (no offence if you're reading, Pete) at CB.

Given his versatility and how upset the Bolton fans are I'm quite liking this signing. :D

I hope he's the last of the worker bees we sign this season.

Guest LucasUnger

would be quite good defensive squad:

Roz

Taylor

Cacapa

Carr

Babayaro

Beletti

Faye

Edgar

Huntington

Ratface ehm... Ramage

+4 players who could play at the back four.

wow

Guest eltsacwen

BOLTON WANDERERS: Jaaskelainen, Hunt, Samuel, Nolan, Meite, Cid, Speed, Diouf, Anelka, Helguson, McCann

Subs From: Al-Habsi, Braaten, Alonso, Michalik, Sinclair

Faye not in the team!

I hope he's the last of the worker bees we sign this season.

I'd not complain if we signed another one who can provide an option at LB, but I think we're more or less set.

You expecting a big name? I'd be surprised if we get one, if we do it'll be a winger/striker IMO.

BOLTON WANDERERS: Jaaskelainen, Hunt, Samuel, Nolan, Meite, Cid, Speed, Diouf, Anelka, Helguson, McCann

Subs From: Al-Habsi, Braaten, Alonso, Michalik, Sinclair

Faye not in the team!

Wonder if Lee says anything about him after the game??

Just read through a thread on around 9 pages about Faye leaving them for us...They seem to be gutted ;)

Was that thisislancashire? I have read a few posts on there & Andy O'Brien doesnt get a good press, dont these trotters fan know that he put the ball in the back net!!!!

Link to where I am reading from:

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/sportheadlines/display.var.1618218.0.faye_on_verge_of_2_million_move.php

Just read through a thread on around 9 pages about Faye leaving them for us...They seem to be gutted ;)

Was that thisislancashire? I have read a few posts on there & Andy O'Brien doesnt get a good press, dont these trotters fan know that he put the ball in the back net!!!!

Link to where I am reading from:

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/sportheadlines/display.var.1618218.0.faye_on_verge_of_2_million_move.php

I read it from http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?t=12736

Wrong link. This is the one on 9 pages: http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?t=12754

Lee Speaks On Faye Rumours

Posted on: Wed 15 Aug 2007

DESPITE THE speculation linking Abdoulaye Faye with a move away from the Reebok Stadium, manager Sammy Lee confirmed that the Senegalese defender still remains a Bolton Wanderers player.

Lee confirmed that Faye didn't travel with the squad to Fulham because he may have been distracted with the rumours.

He said: "His mind may not be focused on the job in hand. He still is a Bolton Wanderers player until somebody tells me otherwise."

DESPITE THE speculation linking Abdoulaye Faye with a move away from the Reebok Stadium, manager Sammy Lee confirmed that the Senegalese defender still remains a Bolton Wanderers player.

Lee confirmed that Faye didn't travel with the squad to Fulham because he may have been distracted with the rumours.

He said: "His mind may not be focused on the job in hand. He still is a Bolton Wanderers player until somebody tells me otherwise."

I think that if it just was rumours he would of played. thats bollocks. There's rumours every day...

Lee is out of control and out of his depth. Glenn Roeder, Les Reed and Chris Hutchings would be doing a better job.

These footballers...............could you imagine your boss at work coming up to you if you could potentially be moving departments or leaving the company or you find out you have failed to get a new job & they just send you home on full pay because your not in the right frame mind.

These footballers...............could you imagine your boss at work coming up to you if you could potentially be moving departments or leaving the company or you find out you have failed to get a new job & they just send you home on full pay because your not in the right frame mind.

Well in that case i would start rumours every day at work so that i could get sent home ;)

Exactly why it's a bollocks statement. Obviously negotiations are further along than mere rumour.