Faye signs three year deal

STM

I'd like to see Emre at least given a shot at playing this sort of role that we're talking about, if people like Carr are being given a chance and a clean slate, then he deserves one as well. I think he could thrive in the 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation, and he's more than just a "creative" player, he battles and works his socks off as well.

I hope we keep him and I pray that he proves me right, but I'm very excited to see what he can produce under Alladyce and with the new formation.

:thup:

Guest johnson293

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2665718,00.html

Sam Allardyce has confirmed Newcastle are looking to sign Bolton defender Abdoulaye Faye.

Faye is thought to be on the verge of joining The Magpies for £2million and his absence from Bolton's squad at Fulham appeared to suggest the Senegal international was on his way out of the club.

Allardyce admits discussions are ongoing between the two clubs but says a deal for Faye is still someway off.

"There are some negotiations regarding us and Bolton regarding that but at the moment I don't know how far they've got," he said.

Sammy Lee insists Faye remains a Bolton player and is concerned the speculation has unsettled the stopper.

"He is still a Bolton Wanderers footballer as far as I am concerned," Lee said in The Bolton News.

"I didn't think it was right to take him to Fulham. His mind might not be focused on the job in hand."

Not as close as we all expected then and with BBC Sport's earlier "before the end of August thing", it may be a little while yet before we can have the next A. Faye on our books. As long as he's here before the transfer window is out, I'll be happy, his arrival isn't a pressing concern but the sooner the better, obviously.

.cock

SAM Allardyce believes that there is room for at least one more new signing before the end of August and confirmed that the Magpies have been in talks with Bolton over a move for Abdoulaye Faye.

The Senegal star has been heavily linked with a switch to Tyneside in the written press in recent days, and Big Sam confirmed on Thursday that the two clubs had been in negotiation over the transfer of the 29-year-old.

And, with Kieron Dyer having completed his move to West Ham, the Toon boss says that the club have to be ready to act quickly should the right player become available.

"We have been in talks with Bolton over Abdoulaye Faye but I'm not sure how far along they are," said the former Trotters chief.

"There's certainly room for one more and I'll have to speak with the chairman and the owner and take it from there.

"If one more came in and no more went out then I'd be happy.

"We are looking for more players so we're still going to spend some more money.

"Quite how much I'm not sure about and not bothered about because all I'm asking is that when a good player becomes available we don't hesitate.

"That could happen at anytime at this stage of the season and we have to be ready should the right player become available."

make no mistake of it...Faye is not coming here as a squad player.

dare I say he's better than Taylor at this stage? certainly in terms of experience, power and awareness?

will give us a different option playing alongside Rozenhal, and will be vital to our tactical play.

i'll even go one further and say that signing Faye could be the single most important step in bring Taylor through, and allowing him the time to mature into the great CB he can be.

If we can get the Faye deal done and one quality right back in then this transfer period has been better than i ever would of imagined..

Seconded. I'd still be delighted with this, though it seems other people's expectations are being raised by everything that's going on. If Solano goes, he does still need replacing mind. If he stays, the squad looks good to me.

Even a RB is a big ask when Faye, Taylor and Cacapa can all play there and not all will be getting a game at centre-half, but it would be great if we could sort this as well.

Guest tuppence

Can't believe I'm saying this after a decade of supporting the toon but we actually have strength in depth at the heart of our defence (assuming Faye will sign). Big sam - hero

Guest Guinness

Good to see Sam saying we're in talks. He's being coy about the issue which is a positive sign, I remember him saying similar things regarding Geremi shortly before he signed.

Guest elbee909

Ongoing because we are also trying to sign Diouf too?

Well if we did that, it would almost kill some Bolton fans..

Everybody wins.  Muhaha.

He wouldn't be accepted by our fans.  Too much history and acrimony

We are football fans we have no morals once a player previously known as t*** puts our colours on we forgive.

we dont forgive.........did you hear many chants of lee bowyers name ?

we put up with................

He wouldn't be accepted by our fans.  Too much history and acrimony

We are football fans we have no morals once a player previously known as t*** puts our colours on we forgive.

...and if Lee Bowyer had been anything better than shit?

I remember hearing "Lee Bowyer, Lee Bowyer, Lee Bowyer" quite a few time at SJP

I remember the chants.

And LB and KD both got applauded in their next match after the "scuffle".

I remember hearing "Lee Bowyer, Lee Bowyer, Lee Bowyer" quite a few time at SJP.

come off it,some isolated shouts,you would never say you heard his name chanted in any significant way.