Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toontoon

according to .co.uk Sam says were very close to a new signing, so its probably is Smith or that seville bloke

Where the hell are we going to play him?

I reckon this could be signalling bigger surgery on the squad than anyone's been expecting.

....and you may well be right dear fellow.  :parky:

Incidentally I do rate Smith highly as a player, as long as he can keep his temper in check. I like his work rate, his effort and the fact that he's a tea totaller. Given what players are paid I think the fact that any of them still drink at all is shocking.

Can I just say now before (if) he does sign.

SMITH IS A GOOD PRO, HE MAY BE A LITTLE FULL BLOODED ON THE PITCH BUT HE ISN'T A TROUBLE MAKER OR SOMEONE WHO IS GOING TO BE WASTED DOWN THE QUAYSIDE EVERY NIGHT!

In short, he isn't the "bad boy" he is often made out to be just because he is very commited on the pitch. I seem to remember he doesn't really drink at all. :)

Smith is 2 years younger than Dyer and a better player overall who will add bite, tenacity and positivity to midfield/attack

at 29 almost, Dyer is hardly going to improve, the pace wont last much longer and without that he's a nothing player, he really is.

Well £6 million isn't cheap but when you think Richardson cost close to that and they want that for Fletcher and the fact he's young and English it's not too bad so get him in, dunno exactly where to play him though....hmmm

Well £6 million isn't cheap but when you think Richardson cost close to that and they want that for Fletcher and the fact he's young and English it's not too bad so get him in, dunno exactly where to play him though....hmmm

Is that Kieron Dyer young?

27 in a couple of months.