"Fatty" Carr

NSG

He seems much more mobile. Doesn't seem to take an age to get from one end of the field to another. Been good going forward as well so far.

Agreed, like there was one point today when he and a Juve player were racing to the ball and he put in a crunching tackle to win it.

Still needs to improve his crossing like, but he could well turn out to be one of Sams little miracles.

Guest Geordie_Paul

Nedved has had it, and anyone who watched him last season will agree

Lets be honest about this, there is not many teams where he wouldn't walk straight into the first team, granted he's on his last legs but he still possesses the abolity to terrorise defenders!

As parky said, now with him getting older and losing pace and the like he is more of a playmaker and cuts inside a lot but he's still a nightmare for any defender, and i thought Carr closed him down well!! Granted it will be a different story with Ronaldo coming against him but to say Nedved isn't quality is bollocks IMO.

Back on Carr though i still reserve judgement for the time being, thats only a couple of games!!

Lets be honest about this, there is not many teams where he wouldn't walk straight into the first team, granted he's on his last legs but he still possesses the abolity to terrorise defenders!

As parky said, now with him getting older and losing pace and the like he is more of a playmaker and cuts inside a lot but he's still a nightmare for any defender, and i thought Carr closed him down well!! Granted it will be a different story with Ronaldo coming against him but to say Nedved isn't quality is bollocks IMO.

Back on Carr though i still reserve judgement for the time being, thats only a couple of games!!

a nightmare for any defender?

that would make him the best attacker in the world just about. The guy has vision and superb passing ability left. That might make him a nightmare for Ramage or Huntington but real defenders will allow themselves that extra glass a bourbon the night before

Guest 22bnw

Carr was more on Trezeguet's side of the pitch and Trezeguet was shocking today - barely moved or touched the ball and wasn't in the game.

a nightmare for any defender?

that would make him the best attacker in the world just about. The guy has vision and superb passing ability left. That might make him a nightmare for Ramage or Huntington but real defenders will allow themselves that extra glass a bourbon the night before

mackems.gif

Guest Geordie_Paul

Haha fair enough, i guess it's a matter of opinion tbh. I still rate him as a class act, granted on his last legs but still always an attacking threat. As i said i reserve judgement on Carr though, did well today and looks in good shape, still think to say Nedved doesn't rate up there with any of the premier league wingers is wrong but ya nah.

Haha fair enough, i guess it's a matter of opinion tbh. I still rate him as a class act, granted on his last legs but still always an attacking threat. As i said i reserve judgement on Carr though, did well today and looks in good shape, still think to say Nedved doesn't rate up there with any of the premier league wingers is wrong but ya nah.

If he could cross the ball,then maybe he could be a bigger attacking threat

If he could cross the ball,then maybe he could be a bigger attacking threat

now that's just being ridiculous to be honest

Guest sicko2ndbest

gree, i have been one of Carrs biggest critics, but give him his due, he has obviously worked hard preseason and it is paying dividends on the pitch.

He is definately not 'Fat' anymore.

Keep it up Tubby :razz:

Guest Guinness

Wasn't tested much, as they knew they had the beating of Huntington.

Agreed, but he did seem fitter and sharper, maybe the new training schedule is working wonders for him.

let's reserve judgement until he's put in a decent shift against a decent winger in the premiership

Because that Nedved fella is s****...

i thought Nedved was their best player yesterday and Carr marked their left back well because he always pushed right up and Nedved went inside towards Rozenhal in the first half

Guest Knightrider

He's been decent for a while now dare I say it, and against Juve he put in a good shift at both ends. He is definitely fitter, slimmer and quicker, but his poor touch remains.

He's been decent for a while now dare I say it, and against Juve he put in a good shift at both ends. He is definitely fitter, slimmer and quicker, but his poor touch remains.

Did quite well at the back end of last season.

Guest Knightrider

Did quite well at the back end of last season.

Still has his "ave it" moments, like when Butt grafted his balls off to win back the ball, passed it to Carr who simply hoofed it out. :lol:

I've never been one to be on the Carr-is-a-useless-twat brigade. He's just never been anything more than 'alright'. Unfortunately, he's just too slow. Well, i didn't see the game yesterday, so i'm only really going off the end of last season and the Celtic game. He might have improved a tad, but he's still too slow and he's still nowt more than just OK.

I didn't think he was particularly good yesterday, had a very good view of him for the second half as well.

However, I am firmly in the Carr-is-a-useless-twat brigade, so that might explain it.

Still seems to spend most of his time backing off with his arms outstretched and then whinging at other players when he's the one at fault. Was blatantly at fault for Celtic's goal on Thursday (showed McGeady inside and onto his strong foot, schoolboy defending and he should fucking know how to defend against a lad who he's played in Irish training sessions on many an occasion) and was arse-raped throughout by his compatriot - who was pretty good, in fairness to our still-fairly-chunky RB.

Like I said, it could just be bile/bias, but the bloke still has a long way to go before I'm personally convinced about him as our first-choice full-back. Won't complain if he's used as a squad player though, as he is good enough for that role. Definitely better than he was this time last season and as Alex said, was one of the bright parts of the end of the last campaign.

He was ok yesterday, stil looked as though he could be a bit of a liability at time. At one point he showed someone inside onto their right foot and gave them so much space they got a shot away with ease, it was awful defending. Improved as the game went on though.

I didn't think he was particularly good yesterday, had a very good view of him for the second half as well.

However, I am firmly in the Carr-is-a-useless-t*** brigade, so that might explain it.

Still seems to spend most of his time backing off with his arms outstretched and then whinging at other players when he's the one at fault. Was blatantly at fault for Celtic's goal on Thursday (showed McGeady inside and onto his strong foot, schoolboy defending and he should f****** know how to defend against a lad who he's played in Irish training sessions on many an occasion) and was arse-raped throughout by his compatriot - who was pretty good, in fairness to our still-fairly-chunky RB.

Like I said, it could just be bile/bias, but the bloke still has a long way to go before I'm personally convinced about him as our first-choice full-back. Won't complain if he's used as a squad player though, as he is good enough for that role. Definitely better than he was this time last season and as Alex said, was one of the bright parts of the end of the last campaign.

Spot on, boils my piss too.

However, I am firmly in the Carr-is-a-useless-t*** brigade, so that might explain it.

Still seems to spend most of his time backing off with his arms outstretched and then whinging at other players when he's the one at fault. Was blatantly at fault for Celtic's goal on Thursday (showed McGeady inside and onto his strong foot, schoolboy defending and he should f****** know how to defend against a lad who he's played in Irish training sessions on many an occasion) and was arse-raped throughout by his compatriot - who was pretty good, in fairness to our still-fairly-chunky RB.

Spot on, boils my piss too.

Make that a third, i didn't see much evidence of weight watchers.