N'Zogbia to Fulham 'thought to be close' - BBC

James

Guest johnson293

BBC sport understands is usually true.

Did a quick search on google, and you are right, most articles by them that include the phrase have been accurate.

Crucially though, the original article in this thread does not include the words 'BBC Sport Understands....'.

If it was going to Arsenal, you could understand it - but ff he goes to Fulham, he's leaving for the sake of leaving, and after this pre-season so far, a move to Fulham just doesn't make sense.

SSN - Sorry if it's been posted already

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=479586&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Big+Sam+slams+Martins+reports&channel=&

'Fulham are believed to have opened talks with Newcastle over midfielder Charles N'Zogbia.

Allardyce is looking to land Papa Bouba Diop as part of any deal but it is yet to be seen whether Lawrie Sanchez will be open to a swap.'

SSN are covering it - if Diop is included + 3mil - I still can't see it happening, he is really on form and has such a promising future in our starting XI!

Guest Armchair Pundit

I'd fecking livid if we sold Zoggy, he's better than Duff as far as I'm concerned and £3m would be us getting ripped off, even with Diop coming the other way. Typical shit starting to seep in to the club, crap decisions on players, the right areas not being reinforced...

I think he is expendable, duff will be 1st choice on the left when fit, milner can player there too. A decent player but i dont rate him anywhere near as highly as some do, his commitment is questionable too. get rid and strengthen the areas we are short in, as is seems at the moment we need to sell before we buy.

Don't know how you can be quick to dismiss N'Zogbia whilst being happy having Duff as first-choice left-winger.

Because a fully fit Duff is one of the best wingers in this league and is a proven performer, N'Zogbia is yet to play a full season for one reason or another in the prem. Potential is all well and good, but Duff has proven Champions League class. Sure he has performed well at times, but he is so overrated by sum fans its untrue. Would seem to me also that N'Zogbia is one of the players Butt was talking about at the end of last season saying they were'nt that bothered in playing for the club, get rid and get some one in who does.

I think he is expendable, duff will be 1st choice on the left when fit, milner can player there too. A decent player but i dont rate him anywhere near as highly as some do, his commitment is questionable too. get rid and strengthen the areas we are short in, as is seems at the moment we need to sell before we buy.

Don't know how you can be quick to dismiss N'Zogbia whilst being happy having Duff as first-choice left-winger.

Because a fully fit Duff is one of the best wingers in this league and is a proven performer, N'Zogbia is yet to play a full season for one reason or another in the prem. Potential is all well and good, but Duff has proven Champions League class. Sure he has performed well at times, but he is so overrated by sum fans its untrue. Would seem to me also that N'Zogbia is one of the players Butt was talking about at the end of last season saying they were'nt that bothered in playing for the club, get rid and get some one in who does.

I'd be the same way if I had to play for Roeder. One might think Big Sam could steer Charlie in the right direction.  He's looked pretty good in the pre-season. 

Guest johnson293

I'd be the same way if I had to play for Roeder. One might think Big Sam could steer Charlie in the right direction.  He's looked pretty good in the pre-season. 

Allardyce 'bigged up' N'Zogbia as a potential left back after the Carlisle friendly - perhaps he has talked this over with N'Zogbia and he has stressed he doesn't want to play that that role (hence Huntingdon playing there since), and while he has performed well in midfield since then, perhaps Allardyce doesn't see a regular midfield role for him this coming season, and the player may be against another season on the sidelines?

Just trying to think why this move may be materialising....if true?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'd be the same way if I had to play for Roeder.

You play for the shirt. If I was manager and you had that attitude I would take you to one side in the dressing room and bonk your face off in front of the entire squad to send out a stark message to the players.

Even so, a player that will only peform if he is totally happy with his surroundings is one we may carry more often that not.  As bad as some people say roeder was the players have to hold there hands up for last season, as mush as a player like Owen may not want to be at Newcastle you can bet when he is fit and on the pitch he will give 100%, players like N'Zogbia and Dyer need to go, they are the exact reason we have under acheved for so long, selling the disriuptive characters sends a message to the squad and the rest of the league.

While the BBC aren't a great source, this news has me shitting myself tbh.

I'll be distraught if he goes.

Fulham? 3m? N'Zogbia? Alan Smith?

FUCK OFF.

Losing Dyer and Charlie and replacing them with Smith (and Diop has been mentioned) would be one of the worst pieces of business possible. Two players with pace and creativity for two grafters with little technical ability.

Would it be possible to create another thread called "Probable Journalistic Shite" and put all of these shite articles in one place?  They'll eventually get one right but they're printing any shite they can to sell papers or get site visitors.

You play for the shirt. If I was manager and you had that attitude I would take you to one side in the dressing room and bonk your face off in front of the entire squad to send out a stark message to the players.

Which Glen obviously didn't do. 

The message of love?

First, I hope there's nothing in this. And the BBC piece seems much more certain about the Seol moving to Fulham than N'Zogbia.

If he is going then I hope it's because his attitude stinks, because if Sam has been put in the position where the only way to raise funds for new defenders is to sell existing players then we're making a mistake. I could see Dyer going on the basis that he wants to leave, other clubs want to buy him and he's on big wages, but to sell a talented young player who wants to stay would be a mistake.

On the other hand, this could just be the working out of my 'what does 4-3-3 mean for our wingers' post; the answer in this case being that we're going to have a lot less of them.

ps : Fulham? Why he'd want to go there at this stage in his career is beyond me...

I think a hell of a lot of N'zogbia but those saying s*** like 'he's better than Duff' need their heads read

N'Zogbia has done much better for Newcastle than Duff has so far so I think people are entitled to say that if it's while they've been here, Duff had been mainly poor.

I think a hell of a lot of N'zogbia but those saying s*** like 'he's better than Duff' need their heads read

i think N'Zogbia is already a better player than Duff in a Newcastle shirt, Duff was outstanding for Blackburn but that was too long ago, injurys have made his time at us so shit!

Hope Charlie stays  :lol:

Duff had a poor season on the back of 6 very good to excellent ones with Blackburn and Chelsea

how the hell does that make N'zogbia a better player? ridiculous

im entitled to my own opinion

Guest Toon83

The only thing i can think of in this story is that if N'Zogbia has told Big Sam that he wants to leave, but if he hasnt then this is a pathetic piece of business from newcastle.

Why sell, one of your best young players just when he is coming into his own again under big Sam, who came out with positive quotes about him a couple of weeks ago

Duff had a poor season on the back of 6 very good to excellent ones with Blackburn and Chelsea

how the hell does that make N'zogbia a better player? ridiculous

If I had to choose which one to lose I'd rather keep N'Zogbia. Still has a long way to go, sure, but I'd have more hope of him becoming a key player for us than I would for Duff.

Duff quality of performance dipped every passing season at Chelsea and was even worse when he came here. Sure he's still good, but looks to be going in the wrong direction as a player these last few years.

Perhaps Allardyce can have him rediscover his best form, I hope so. But his best assett has always been his quickness, by which I mean his ability to change direction quickly and beat a couple of players rather than flat out pace. His delivery is generally quite poor, meaning that if he's not skinning defenders regularly then he'll not give you much from the wing. As he gets older he's not likely to get any quicker, and I'm not sure he'll ever be the top winger he was at Blackburn.

N'Zogbia has a ways to go, but he's got all the tools to surpass Duff as a player within a year or two. Wish we'd just keep them both, though.