Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

I still think he'll leave before the window shuts and I doubt the price will go up that much.

Someone will pay a flat £7m or £6m+£2m later  blueyes.gif

Yup.

Guest Texasmag

Dyer told to 'buckle down' Somehow I can't see him doing it.

Source  http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/article2204318.ece

Sam Allardyce held weekend talks with Kieron Dyer after the dramatic collapse of his proposed transfer to West Ham United, but the England midfield player is furious with Mike Ashley over the Newcastle United owner’s involvement. While Allardyce pleaded with Dyer last night to “get on with it”, on Tyneside, it remains a deeply unlikely prospect.

On Friday afternoon, Ashley increased his club’s asking price for Dyer from £6 million to £8 million, a consequence of his concern at West Ham’s pursuit of the midfield player. Dyer had explained to Allardyce that he wished to leave Newcastle for “family reasons” and is understood to have told his two children last week that he would be moving south.

“In the end, we decided that Kieron was undervalued, we escalated the price to what we thought was realistic and West Ham didn’t want to roll with it,” Allardyce said. “He’s a top player and he’s back with us. It’s life, isn’t it?”

Allardyce insisted that Newcastle are “more upset” than West Ham.

Guest eyeball_tickler

it would be nice if we see the same kind of attitude from dyer as we saw from milner last year, but its probably a long shot.

How can people hate Dyer as much as they do? Since the Bowyer fight, Dyer has done nothing wrong to get as much stick as he's been getting. Some of you need to realice that football isn't everything, how can some people think it's wrong, that Dyer wants to be closer to his family??

Instead of being so fucking negative, use your tiny little brain, and think for a sekend, Dyer has been loyal to us for 8 fucking years!!! Yes he has been injured alot during his time here, but how can that be his fault?

Some points?

Some people hate him cause he's on high wages! for fucks sake hate NUFC instead :idiot2: if your boss gave you a higher salary wouldn't you accept? :idiot2:

Some hate him cause he's injured! How is that his fault?

At the end of the day he's been one of the longest serving newcastle players in our side, and I for one would wish him luck were ever he chose to go!

not to nitpick but he did expose himself to a bunch of people at The Swallows hotel last summer

the fact is, a lot went on before that Bowyer fight that people cannot forgive, and I cannot really blame them. The guy's a twat who's made £20m plus from the club and given precisely nothing in return. And a lot of that is his fault

How can people hate Dyer as much as they do? Since the Bowyer fight, Dyer has done nothing wrong to get as much stick as he's been getting. Some of you need to realice that football isn't everything, how can some people think it's wrong, that Dyer wants to be closer to his family??

Instead of being so f****** negative, use your tiny little brain, and think for a sekend, Dyer has been loyal to us for 8 f****** years!!! Yes he has been injured alot during his time here, but how can that be his fault?

Some points?

Some people hate him cause he's on high wages! for fucks sake hate NUFC instead :idiot2: if your boss gave you a higher salary wouldn't you accept? :idiot2:

Some hate him cause he's injured! How is that his fault?

At the end of the day he's been one of the longest serving newcastle players in our side, and I for one would wish him luck were ever he chose to go!

Maybe people dislike him for the part he played in Robson getting sacked, yes he did say sorry for that but him saying sorry didn't get rid of Souness.  That was the single incident that turned me against him, I haven't really gave him much stick for it but he deserved more than he got.

He hasn't just realised that his family live in Ispwich and he lives up here, just as his injury problems seem to be behind him, why did he not ask to go last season, or the season before last?

Sorry, Newcastle and the fans owe Dyer nothing.

PS, the highlighted bit.  :lol:

I assume Dyer is no longer with the mother of his kids?

If he is, then the family stuff is absolute shite. I'm damn sure Ipswich isn't such a nice place that a multi-millionaire can't tempt his missus away.

If he is, then the family stuff is absolute s****. I'm damn sure Ipswich isn't such a nice place that a multi-millionaire can't tempt his missus away.

nah, not not been with her for a good few years

all the same, something tells me if he offered her a place to live and a bit of cash she'd come running

I can't believe anyone could blame the club over this.  All Dyer had to do was show a little maturity, stay out of trouble, shut his mouth and honour his contract.  Especially after the money & time that were spent on his rehabilitation.  In other words, he could have acted like a professional.  He could afford a car, a train or a chartered fucking fighter jet every day to travel down to Sussex and see his kids.  Or he could have moved them up to a massive mansion.  Does anyone really have any sympathy with his little sob story?

"Family problems", if they exist at all, are not the fault or concern of the club.  If they offered to arrange a transfer for Dyer, Ashley & Mort have the right to dictate the transfer fee.  At any time.  Dyer cannot reveal his personal problems in late July and then expect to leave the next weekend for the cheapest possible price.  If the board want 8 million, West Ham or Tottenham can pay 8 million.  If that doesn't happen, Dyer has the option of picking himself up and dedicating himself to his job at Newcastle.  But since he seems to behave like a self obsessed teenager, I don't see that happening.

Guest unrealterrorist

If he is, then the family stuff is absolute s****. I'm damn sure Ipswich isn't such a nice place that a multi-millionaire can't tempt his missus away.

nah, not not been with her for a good few years

all the same, something tells me if he offered her a place to live and a bit of cash she'd come running

I totaly agree Ipswich is not the greatest of places but she might not want to up root the kids either that or its for reasons they dont want to be made public or its all bol**cks.

Guest unrealterrorist

I can't believe anyone could blame the club over this.  All Dyer had to do was show a little maturity, stay out of trouble, shut his mouth and honour his contract.  Especially after the money & time that were spent on his rehabilitation.  In other words, he could have acted like a professional.  He could afford a car, a train or a chartered f****** fighter jet every day to travel down to Sussex and see his kids.  Or he could have moved them up to a massive mansion.  Does anyone really have any sympathy with his little sob story?

"Family problems", if they exist at all, are not the fault or concern of the club.  If they offered to arrange a transfer for Dyer, Ashley & Mort have the right to dictate the transfer fee.  At any time.  Dyer cannot reveal his personal problems in late July and then expect to leave the next weekend for the cheapest possible price.  If the board want 8 million, West Ham or Tottenham can pay 8 million.  If that doesn't happen, Dyer has the option of picking himself up and dedicating himself to his job at Newcastle.  But since he seems to behave like a self obsessed teenager, I don't see that happening.

He has always been a brat your right cant see that ever changing report in the Sunday Star says he has not even come back here and he's going to Stike like we would ever know the difference apart from when he moans on when NUFC dont pay him for breach of contract.

SBR once said 'don't pick bad players whatever you do, pick good players, but what you must do is pick good people'

Dyer's such a cocksucker, and that's why his career has basically been a massive failure

Guest unrealterrorist

SBR once said 'don't pick bad players whatever you do, pick good players, but what you must do is pick good people'

Dyer's such a cocksucker, and that's why his career has basically been a massive failure

Why didnt SBR get rid of him when he crossed him chance missed me thinks.

Guest unrealterrorist

SBR still had faith in Dyer's waining potential. He also had faith in Andy O'Brien as a defender

And that when we knew the end was near one word BRAMBLE.

SBR still had faith in Dyer's waining potential. He also had faith in Andy O'Brien as a defender

the difference being Bramble was built like tyson, had two feet and could tackle, one could forgive him for that. If Robson had continued for another two years we'd have seen a different Bramble

Guest unrealterrorist

the difference being Bramble was built like tyson, had two feet and could tackle, one could forgive him for that. If Robson had continued for another two years we'd have seen a different Bramble

really you sure i am not usally one to question but!!!

Guest unrealterrorist

to be honest, at that point Shep would have prefered to keep Dyer than Robson

True o look he did.

love how people are trying to put a positive spin on this, we've just figuratively taken a revolver and blown our brains all over the carpet

if dyer had gone we were then only 2 unfit, inept and overpaid players away from being able to start afresh and anew

to me only three players in the squad (dyer, baba, carr) combine the specical features of being perpetually unfit, virtually useless when fit and also being paid proposterous wages for their returns

we have a manager who could get replacements for these clowns for relatively low fees and we'd wipe a huge stain off the wage bill and the squad

who gives a s*** if west ham tapped him up?  you kick off when teams tap up the players you want, not the ones you don't!!!!  allardyce obviously doesn't want/need him so why the hell does ashley care

we'll have this little b****** for another season now guaranteed, or maybe someone will loan him for wages only but i don't see who

owners come and go at nufc but the fuckups continue unabated

You need to add Owen to that list.

when fit. owen scores. so adds somethign to the team. i also feel dyer adds to the team if brought on as a sub late on in a game

He hasn`t scored since 2005 not including the friendly goal for obvious reasons . We don`t really know if he is going to keep breaking down now. 

when owen is fit he scores, never been in doubt, thus he's a totally different prospect to dyer who produces virtually the same whether he's fit or unfit

Hopefully Owen will continue to do well but who knows, he has been out virtually 2 years and is out again. I just feel he should be in the Baba and Dyer catergory. If given equal opportunity I feel Martins will out score Owen this year.

dunno how you can write that with a straight face to be honest - you're talking about putting englands second (or third) all time goalscorer with baba and dyer

the ONLY thing they have in common is persistent injuries....ability-wise they're in different leagues entirely therefore firmly not in the same category

It must be obvious I wasn`t comparing ability as I assumed you wasn`t as Dyer is miles ahead of Baba.  I was talking about breaking down injured after every 2 games and on massive wages in the process. Owen has done nothing for 2 years. Your talking about his England record from ages ago. I don`t think he will be the same player he was. I think Martins will be better this year if he gets the right coaching. He is faster, younger and stronger. If he gets to work on the mental side of the game.

Guest black

It must be obvious I wasn`t comparing ability as I assumed you wasn`t as Dyer is miles ahead of Baba.   I was talking about breaking down injured after every 2 games and on massive wages in the process. Owen has done nothing for 2 years. Your talking about his England record from ages ago. I don`t think he will be the same player he was. I think Martins will be better this year if he gets the right coaching. He is faster, younger and stronger. If he gets to work on the mental side of the game.

Rebellious, while we have your attention, in another thread (the wisdom of selling Dyer) you claimed that the "family reasons" argument wasn't merely a way of Dyer transferring out without jeopardising his loyalty payment. In light of all that has happened in the last four days do you still hold to your claim that that wasn't the case?

You spoke with the authority of someone allegedly ITK, yes?

Guest unrealterrorist

Dyer spolit over paid brat or miss understood injury prone pro either way get rid for the £6 millon and £80,000 in wages and purchase someone younger like SWP i know he is crap at chelsky (but big sam can get diamonds out of shite) or at least someone we could get 30+ games out of.