Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Guest Alan Shearer 9

According to google news we bumped the price up from 6 mil to 8 mil just before he signed  ???

to cover his 2 mill loyalty bonus he was holding out for.

According to google news we bumped the price up from 6 mil to 8 mil just before he signed  ???

If that was the case,  Curbishley would have said so.  He said we pulled it for "our reasons". 

Ah.. I haven't read much of this thread as there is too many pages to trail through.

Guest Guinness

Maybe Newcastle now think that Barton is likely to be sent to jail for a period of time, thats why we have pulled out of the Dyer deal???

Perhaps, he was charged shortly after we agreed to the sale. However if this is the case it seems strange that we let negotiations get to such an advanced stage before pulling it.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Hope he plays Dyer against Sampdoria. I'm gonna take enough eggs to make a whale omelette.

Why not just buy an ostrich egg, run onto the pitch and slam it on his head. Will probably fracture his skull we''ll get compo

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Ah.. I haven't read much of this thread as there is too many pages to trail through.

I'm speculating there, but the figures add up.

Guest optimistic nit

the strangest thing about this is that it appears that west ham do actually have a maximum price their willing to spend on a player.

If that was the case,  Curbishley would have said so.  He said we pulled it for "our reasons". 

It would be us paying the bonus, not Wet Ham.

Don't bring soggy meat products into this!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

the strangest thing about this is that it appears that west ham do actually have a maximum price their willing to spend on a player.

Yes, I think your right, their usually paying silly money for players but now they're finances seem to have hit a bucket.

Guest toonlass

This bollox about his kids etc down south is just a front. The man is loaded, why not move his kids closer, or travel down and see them more, rather than hanging out in night-clubs? I personally like the idea of a loan move to Colchester. That would screw his head up a bit more... mackems.gif

pulling the plug makes no sense, we now have a deeply unhappy player who seems to have no interest playing for us, exactly what big sam says he doent want in the squad, we must have had a better offer elsewhere from another club.

Guest helios_centric

If this really was a genuine pressing family matter then why doesn't he just hand in a transfer request an forego his bonus? He's loaded anyway and his hints at wanting to move down south are clearly a thinly-veiled transfer request in my eyes. To expect a bumper loyalty bonus is totally taking the piss, especially bearing in mind how much he has pocketed from this club over the years.

I think we are dead right to refuse to budge on his loyalty bonus - too many have taken us for mugs for too long and it has to stop. Dyer does not need to lose out on his career and rot on the bench, he just needs to stop being greedy. It's a really simple one as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Johan

If he isnt a West Ham player by next weekend he definitely will be by 23.55 on the 31st August.

Having got this close, I would be surprised if it doesnt go through in the end

Yup, I still think this one is happening too. I would say something that even Dyer must understand that trying for a loyalty bonus is absurd but then again..

Good that the club sends out a message that we will not be robbed. Not like Shepherd who kept saying it but got robbed anyway in most deals:)