Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

The only problem if this is true, is that the club probably won't tell everyone if it's true because if he has to stay then obviously Sam will use him at some point, and there's no way on earth he could play for us again if all this shit is true.

He's already disliked by a lot of the crowd now.

Imagine what the reation will be like after.

I think in most cases like this, the two clubs and the player reach some sort of compromise.

Ashley may be in a similar position to Alan Sugar when he took over Spurs. All of a sudden he comes across as payments that in normal business life, he'd have defined as corrupt. In Sugar's case, it was Brian Clough asking for a bung to allow a transfer to go through. Football is a different world, and Ashley will need to adjust to some extent.

If Dire had a loyalty clause in his contract surely this would have been discussed before it got to the stage of almost putting pen to paper and finalising the move to West Ham. Sounds to me like our new Chairman has been outwitted by Dire and his agent by not anticipating that Dire would want the "loyalty" bonus irrespective of the fact that Dire engineered the circumstances to get the move in the first place.

I know it's all speculation at this stage but this scenario would fit with Dires' greed and desire to shaft the club one last time.

Would hardly say he's been outwitted. He's still holding the ace card and as it's a buyers market, he's bound to go before the deadline.

If he'd been outwitted he would've accepted Dyers demands for a payment just to get rid of him.

I think it's absolute quality that we've stood up to the little twat and his agent and said 'hang on........if you wanna leave, then fuck off, but don't expect us to pay you to go'.

He should be fucking grateful that we stood by him through years of injury.

Guest Guinness

I am not sure if this is too far fetched...

Here i go~~

Ghaly was about to go to Birmingham, Spurs receiving that amount had enough in their bags to come up with a bid for Dyer.(7Mil?)

Mike thought he could pull a fast one over the west spams by asking them to match spurs evaluation.

therefore the deal stalled.....IN THE MEAN WHILE Ghaly's deal falls through ....

And spurs revokes thier initial 7Mil offer, leaving us with a excited Dyer wanking on his way back....thinking he is probably off to spurs...

Or maybe now Ghaly to Birmingham is off they've offered him to us in exchange for Dyer :kasper:

What other option did we have?

How about not renewing his contract until he'd proved his fitness?

Let his original deal, at a far less cost, run it's course.

And lose the player for nothing, while telling other players who might be thinking of coming here that we won't stand by them if they get injured?

And lose the player for nothing, while telling other players who might be thinking of coming here that we won't stand by them if they get injured?

Ozzie,

If you think we've had good value from Kieron Dyer since we signed him all those years ago and his service deserves any form of loyalty payment then thats up to you.

Personally, I think he's the lowest of the low and I, for one, will be booing the bastard at every given opportunity whoever he plays for next season.

Ozzie,

If you think we've had good value from Kieron Dyer since we signed him all those years ago and his service deserves any form of loyalty payment then thats up to you.

Personally, I think he's the lowest of the low and I, for one, will be booing the bastard at every given opportunity whoever he plays for next season.

I've said nowt about loyalty payments, so save it.

Meanwhile, back to what we were actually talking about... Would you work for someone who might sack you when you got sick?

Ozzie,

Meanwhile, back to what we were actually talking about... Would you work for someone who might sack you when you got sick?

If I had an employer who had stuck by me through years of sickness, questionable performance after paying £6m to get me to join them I THANK my fucking lucky stars and think it would be better than a lottery win.

I don't think I could bring myself to stitch them up if I chose to leave and I think I'd have the decency to put in a leaving/transfer request given that I'd be embarrassed at my performance since their initial investment.

Perhaps that's just me though, eh Ozzie?

Ozzie,

If I had an employer who had stuck by me through years of sickness, questionable performance after paying £6m to get me to join them I THANK my fucking lucky stars and think it would be better than a lottery win.

I don't think I could bring myself to stitch them up if I chose to leave and I think I'd have the decency to put in a leaving/transfer request given that I'd be embarrassed at my performance since their initial investment.

Was the question "Would you work for someone who might sack you when you got sick?" too difficult, then?

On the one hand you're saying we should have turfed Dyer out when (because) he was injured, and on the other you're slagging him for his alleged lack of loyalty. Spot the contradiction.

Face it, no one on here really knows what's been going on with this transfer. Meanwhile, when else has he been either disloyal or greedier than any other footballer?

Ozzie,

Was the question "Would you work for someone who might sack you when you got sick?" too difficult, then?

On the one hand you're saying we should have turfed Dyer out when (because) he was injured, and on the other you're slagging him for his alleged lack of loyalty. Spot the contradiction.

Face it, no one on here really knows what's been going on with this transfer. Meanwhile, when else has he been either disloyal or greedier than any other footballer?

Ozzie,

Stop being condescending. Too difficult?

Every sensible employer in the country has a policy to deal with sickness absence. If I'd been unable to perform my duties for best part of 3 years, I don't think I would be in my job. Would you?

To answer your question, I do work for an employer who might finish me if I was sick. Not if I'm off for a few weeks/Months but if my body was so unreliable to the point where I could not perform my duties then yes I would be phased out.

I fear we're digressing though. You're offering support to someone I wouldn't cross the street for.

We're never going to agree on this.

Oh, and did I say?, stop being condescending with your posts.

You can have the last word on this. I sense it's important to you.

Comparing the relationship of a footballer with his employer to the relationship of your average worker with his isn't really feasible IMO.

They're fundamentally different in the extreme.

Anyway, glad we've called the little wanker's bluff.

There is some amusing stuff here though. Someone makes something up about loyalty bonuses. It is seen as a good stick to beat Dyer with so it immediately becomes true.

The only statement we have had is that Newcastle pulled the plug. Nowt else. He can't come back here though. The knuckle-draggers have seen to that. We may well end up with a player we can't use.

There is some amusing stuff here though. Someone makes something up about loyalty bonuses. It is seen as a good stick to beat Dyer with so it immediately becomes true.

The only statement we have had is that Newcastle pulled the plug. Nowt else. He can't come back here though. The knuckle-draggers have seen to that. We may well end up with a player we can't use.

I agree about the knuckle-draggers part, but he is being paid to play here so he'll just have to get on with it unless he or West Ham can come up with a solution.

Guest firetotheworks

I think we should wait until we know the proper reason before adding any more reasons on the dyer hate pile. Its all speculation at the moment remember.

We all work for someone who might sack us when were sick, don't kid yourself about that one.

I've had to sack quite a few people for sickness related absence and have no doubt that I would have been sacked if I had the same sickness record as Dyer.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1085422,00.html

Sam Speaks: Hammers Must Meet Dyer Price

By Paul Tully

SAM Allardyce has told West Ham they must meet the "realistic valuation" of Kieron Dyer if they want to sign the England midfielder from Newcastle.

The Dyer deal collapsed on Friday when the Magpies upped their asking price and after watching his side beat Sampdoria at St. James' Park without Dyer in the 22-man squad, Allardyce made the club's position clear.

He said: "We in the end decided that Kieron was under-valued, we lifted the valuation to what we thought was realistic, and West Ham didn't want to roll with it.

"So Kieron is back with us in a squad that is growing.

"He signed a lengthy contract, something happens and it doesn't work, we come back and get on with it. It's not a hard life - it's a very pressured life, but it's not a hard one!

"He comes back, you go forward ? if West Ham don't increase their offer then clearly they don't value him as highly as we do."

Responding to West Ham boss Alan Curbishley's criticism of United, Big Sam declared: "West Ham are not as upset as we are about West Ham.

"Curbs started it - we are more upset than them, and that's a fact."

Guest eyeball_tickler

Responding to West Ham boss Alan Curbishley's criticism of United, Big Sam declared:

"Curbs started it"