Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

thinking about it another way,if it's true that ashley got personally involved is that good ? and then is it good he's prepared to lose a sale to stand a point of,as he may see,principal ?

I think it is good that he is prepared to make a hard decision regardless of the timing of it..... so long as it is justifyable. We probably wont ever know the reasons why but going on the assumption that he became aware of some information that he wasnt happy about (and wasnt previously aware of), then I am glad he is tough enough to do what he has done.

Only time will tell if it was a twatish decision or not.

thinking about it another way,if it's true that ashley got personally involved is that good ? and then is it good he's prepared to lose a sale to stand a point of,as he may see,principal ?

I think it is good that he is prepared to make a hard decision regardless of the timing of it..... so long as it is justifyable. We probably wont ever know the reasons why but going on the assumption that he became aware of some information that he wasnt happy about (and wasnt previously aware of), then I am glad he is tough enough to do what he has done.

Only time will tell if it was a twatish decision or not.

in a way it could be seen that he's took principle over cash

love how people are trying to put a positive spin on this, we've just figuratively taken a revolver and blown our brains all over the carpet

if dyer had gone we were then only 2 unfit, inept and overpaid players away from being able to start afresh and anew

to me only three players in the squad (dyer, baba, carr) combine the specical features of being perpetually unfit, virtually useless when fit and also being paid proposterous wages for their returns

we have a manager who could get replacements for these clowns for relatively low fees and we'd wipe a huge stain off the wage bill and the squad

who gives a shit if west ham tapped him up?  you kick off when teams tap up the players you want, not the ones you don't!!!!  allardyce obviously doesn't want/need him so why the hell does ashley care

we'll have this little bastard for another season now guaranteed, or maybe someone will loan him for wages only but i don't see who

owners come and go at nufc but the fuckups continue unabated

From all the reasons i have read regarding this issue, i reckon dyer asking for a 2m loyalty bonus would annoy me more than anything if it turned out to be true. After the wages we have given him over the years and the little production we have gotten from it as well as him saying he is unhappy would make this the biggest piss take i've seen. I'm sure someone will sign him but I would NEVER give him a 2m loyalty bonus ffs!

love how people are trying to put a positive spin on this, we've just figuratively taken a revolver and blown our brains all over the carpet

if dyer had gone we were then only 2 unfit, inept and overpaid players away from being able to start afresh and anew

to me only three players in the squad (dyer, baba, carr) combine the specical features of being perpetually unfit, virtually useless when fit and also being paid proposterous wages for their returns

we have a manager who could get replacements for these clowns for relatively low fees and we'd wipe a huge stain off the wage bill and the squad

who gives a shit if west ham tapped him up?  you kick off when teams tap up the players you want, not the ones you don't!!!!  allardyce obviously doesn't want/need him so why the hell does ashley care

we'll have this little bastard for another season now guaranteed, or maybe someone will loan him for wages only but i don't see who

You need to add Owen to that list.

who gives a s*** if west ham tapped him up?  you kick off when teams tap up the players you want, not the ones you don't!!!!  allardyce obviously doesn't want/need him so why the hell does ashley care

we'll have this little b****** for another season now guaranteed, or maybe someone will loan him for wages only but i don't see who

when fit. owen scores. so adds somethign to the team. i also feel dyer adds to the team if brought on as a sub late on in a game

who gives a s*** if west ham tapped him up?  you kick off when teams tap up the players you want, not the ones you don't!!!!  allardyce obviously doesn't want/need him so why the hell does ashley care

we'll have this little b****** for another season now guaranteed, or maybe someone will loan him for wages only but i don't see who

when fit. owen scores. so adds somethign to the team. i also feel dyer adds to the team if brought on as a sub late on in a game

He hasn`t scored since 2005 not including the friendly goal for obvious reasons . We don`t really know if he is going to keep breaking down now. 

He hasn`t scored since 2005 not including the friendly goal for obvious reasons . We don`t really know if he is going to keep breaking down now. 

when owen is fit he scores, never been in doubt, thus he's a totally different prospect to dyer who produces virtually the same whether he's fit or unfit

Guest firetotheworks

I think if ashleys got involved for anything other than financial reasons then I dont think its good. From the looks of it its for exactly that though, so I'd say he's entitled to.

when owen is fit he scores, never been in doubt, thus he's a totally different prospect to dyer who produces virtually the same whether he's fit or unfit

Hopefully Owen will continue to do well but who knows, he has been out virtually 2 years and is out again. I just feel he should be in the Baba and Dyer catergory. If given equal opportunity I feel Martins will out score Owen this year.

This question of a loyalty bonus may be the explanation. I doubt whether we'd have suddenly jacked the price up at the last minute, for no reasons other than trying to screw West Ham for more money. As with Barton, it sounds like this issue of a bonus arose at the last minute, with the usual argument about who should pay it, or whether it should be paid at all. It seems to happen with other transfers (eg Ferguson)

It looks to me like we've treated Dyer well over this. We've respected his wish to move, and possibly accepted the fact that he may have been tapped up by West Ham. If he then demands this money, you can well imagine Ashley saying that West Ham should pay it or the deal's off. He seems to make decisions quickly, and assuming they said no, he then pulled out.

Hopefully Owen will continue to do well but who knows, he has been out virtually 2 years and is out again. I just feel he should be in the Baba and Dyer catergory. If given equal opportunity I feel Martins will out score Owen this year.

dunno how you can write that with a straight face to be honest - you're talking about putting englands second (or third) all time goalscorer with baba and dyer

the ONLY thing they have in common is persistent injuries....ability-wise they're in different leagues entirely therefore firmly not in the same category

Guest sombrero

guys please explain something as i read through the entire thread and im still confused, why is he asking for a compensation of 2 million?, what are we compensating for? i know its similar to bartons case but i didint understand the purpose of that either??

I doubt there is an ounce of truth in the 2 million story. But apparently some players have written into their contracts a 'loyalty bonus' if the club decides to sell them.  And one would assume, in a fair and just world, it's really only applicable if the player doesn't really want to leave; which also doesn't apply in this case.

Best consider it a rubbish story until we know better.

Guest firetotheworks

guys please explain something as i read through the entire thread and im still confused, why is he asking for a compensation of 2 million?, what are we compensating for? i know its similar to bartons case but i didint understand the purpose of that either??

Theres no official answer as yet mate. My guess would be that because Dyer didnt officially ask for a transfer that entitles him to some sort of payment and that Ashley wasnt willing to pay it without getting that cash from West Ham.

If this is the case (and there's no evidence that it is true... yet) then  Dyer had two choices in my opinion:

1. Simply tell both WH and the Toon that he was willing to wave his right to his loyalty bonus (and that's a joke considering he was the one who wanted to move).

2. Put in a transfer request.

If Dyer isn't prepared to do either of these then to me, that proves that this has all been about the money and fuck all about family reasons.

Guest Knightrider

I doubt very much that we've upped the price, I think the deal has collapsed because Dyer wants a Barton type payment, and West Ham have refused to pay it like we did with Barton, while we've refused to pay Dyer like City did with Barton, so the player's been recalled back.

If Dire had a loyalty clause in his contract surely this would have been discussed before it got to the stage of almost putting pen to paper and finalising the move to West Ham. Sounds to me like our new Chairman has been outwitted by Dire and his agent by not anticipating that Dire would want the "loyalty" bonus irrespective of the fact that Dire engineered the circumstances to get the move in the first place.

I know it's all speculation at this stage but this scenario would fit with Dires' greed and desire to shaft the club one last time.