Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Guest Moe-Ali

Apparently the deal is not 100% off and West Ham might just make another bid, according to a few sites, namely the Newcastle United Blog.

Guest Texasmag

And this "Fortunately for Dyer, he did not stick two fingers up at anyone at St James’ Park when he thought he was leaving."

No, but the fans stuck them up to Dyer! bluelaugh.gif

Guest sicko2ndbest

Still not fussed about the outcome of this:

If he stays we have a good squad player capable of making a difference to the first team

If he goes we have 6-7 million in coffers and a healthier wage bill

No lose situation

A truly brilliant solution to the problem.

http://nufcblog.com/dyer-deal-will-still-be-done-after-clubs-calm-down/

They're offering 6m, we want 8m.

So a fee of 7m should keep everyone happy, apparently. :lol:

nufcblog, its like a one poster forum that place!  :lol:

Gets on newsnow quite a bit though, i do tend to read most of what he's says as well, but he should come and join us and talk to others.

We are sending out a message that we are wanting 2m more for a player, that we had agreed a fee with. Are we "desperate" for this extra 2m quid, or just showing the rest of football that we can't keep our word ?

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge the fact that "Freddie always backed his managers" is, in fact, true, mind. I'm sure that our balancing the books act so far under the new board, that you thought was going to be automatically better, is showing all the signs so far of not backing the manager to a similar degree. Still, I'm sure that isn't true at all, as you say it isn't the case. Particularly as the one person who DOES know, has been expressing his dissatasfaction and frustration at whateve is actually reallly happening.

Freddy backed Roeder less than Mort has so far backed Allardyce, at least that will be the case when we sign the bloke who has just travelled over from Spain, FACT.

Again you mention balancing the books.   :lol:

that question was for Tron.

I'm sure he can answer his own questions, like when you replied for Baggio.

You also omitted the first bit, if you really want to answer for him

I've answered all these questions indirectly through various posts but if you insist:

We are sending out a message that we are wanting 2m more for a player, that we had agreed a fee with. Are we "desperate" for this extra 2m quid, or just showing the rest of football that we can't keep our word ?

You seem to have difficulty comptrehending the fact we turned down £6m shows we are anything but desperate. If you don't understand this let me know and I'll explain in simpler terms.

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge the fact that "Freddie always backed his managers" is, in fact, true, mind.

I don't have any problem acknowledging Shepherd always backed his managers. My only gripe was that his reasoning for picking Souness and Roeder stunk of incompetence.

I'm sure that our balancing the books act so far under the new board, that you thought was going to be automatically better, is showing all the signs so far of not backing the manager to a similar degree. Still, I'm sure that isn't true at all, as you say it isn't the case. Particularly as the one person who DOES know, has been expressing his dissatasfaction and frustration at whateve is actually reallly happening.

£10m-worth of signings in the last few days with no players sold to balance the books AND Big Sam personally crediting Mort for getting the deals done. Actions speak louder than words.

Well, lets put it this way.

The club expected Dyer to go, so spent the money on Smith. This is not speculation, well it is, but it is true.

So they have spent the money on Enrique. Well done, of course. But it isn't anything the old board didn't do for well over a decade. Nor is it particular an alien situation for Newcastle United to actually sell players for financial reasons anyway over the last 15 years. But I'm sure you will ignore this as you clearly are one of those who have it in for Hall and Shepherd on account of them being caught in a brothel and calling people names.

Whatever.

Actions indeed speak louder than words. Well done to the board for beginning to back the manager, even though he had to publicy speak out and tell us that he was having problems with them. Also, results speak louder than words, so along with everyone else I look forward to us playing in the Champions League again, seeing as Shepherd and Hall have gone, and they were holding the club back so much, and it should now be a foregone conclusion, given a bit of time, naturally.

I hope that in the future the current board don't pick a knacker of a manager too mind, as nobody does it except Shepherd and Hall. Not even Liverpool do that, ever, Roy Evans, the double act of Houillier and Evans was a brainwave, as was Arsenal appointing Rioch and all the clubs who haven't played in europe as often as us over the last decade, including the great Steve Gibson, who would never be stupid enough to appoint managers with no managerial experience such as McLaren and Southgate. All things which people on here have said in the past on numerous occasions.

I realise that this will go straight over your head, despite being fact, for not being completely anti Shepherd / Hall.

:lol:

Point by point your arguments have been disected, and your negativity blown out of the water. As usual you end up blathering about Shepherd and how we didn't appreciate him but no one really cares by now. Stick his photo on the mantlepiece and light a candle under it every day if you like but please give it a rest on the forums. We don't like talking about yesterday's news.

I take it the negativety you refer to was the non-stop whining that went on when we had a club that had qualified for europe more than any team bar 4, signed top quality international footballers, and filled the 50,000 stadium.

This is fact.

And yesterdays news was also that we had finished 2nd under Keegan when he was manager, plenty bleated on about that too.

Still, change the record when it suits you.

I'm looking forward. I hope the current board can at least match the Champions League qualification, and 3 consecutive top 5 finishes. If they do better, then they are better. If they don't match it, then they aren't. Wouldn't you agree ?

Lets not talk about favourites and personalities. It is irrelevant. It's how well the club does that matters.  Wouldn't you agree ?

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge the fact that "Freddie always backed his managers" is, in fact, true, mind. I'm sure that our balancing the books act so far under the new board, that you thought was going to be automatically better, is showing all the signs so far of not backing the manager to a similar degree. Still, I'm sure that isn't true at all, as you say it isn't the case. Particularly as the one person who DOES know, has been expressing his dissatasfaction and frustration at whateve is actually reallly happening.

Freddy backed Roeder less than Mort has so far backed Allardyce, at least that will be the case when we sign the bloke who has just travelled over from Spain, FACT.

Again you mention balancing the books.   :lol:

I've answered all these questions indirectly through various posts but if you insist:

You seem to have difficulty comptrehending the fact we turned down £6m shows we are anything but desperate. If you don't understand this let me know and I'll explain in simpler terms.

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge the fact that "Freddie always backed his managers" is, in fact, true, mind.

I don't have any problem acknowledging Shepherd always backed his managers. My only gripe was that his reasoning for picking Souness and Roeder stunk of incompetence.

I'm sure that our balancing the books act so far under the new board, that you thought was going to be automatically better, is showing all the signs so far of not backing the manager to a similar degree. Still, I'm sure that isn't true at all, as you say it isn't the case. Particularly as the one person who DOES know, has been expressing his dissatasfaction and frustration at whateve is actually reallly happening.

£10m-worth of signings in the last few days with no players sold to balance the books AND Big Sam personally crediting Mort for getting the deals done. Actions speak louder than words.

The club expected Dyer to go, so spent the money on Smith. This is not speculation, well it is, but it is true.

So they have spent the money on Enrique. Well done, of course. But it isn't anything the old board didn't do for well over a decade. Nor is it particular an alien situation for Newcastle United to actually sell players for financial reasons anyway over the last 15 years. But I'm sure you will ignore this as you clearly are one of those who have it in for Hall and Shepherd on account of them being caught in a brothel and calling people names.

Whatever.

Actions indeed speak louder than words. Well done to the board for beginning to back the manager, even though he had to publicy speak out and tell us that he was having problems with them. Also, results speak louder than words, so along with everyone else I look forward to us playing in the Champions League again, seeing as Shepherd and Hall have gone, and they were holding the club back so much, and it should now be a foregone conclusion, given a bit of time, naturally.

I hope that in the future the current board don't pick a knacker of a manager too mind, as nobody does it except Shepherd and Hall. Not even Liverpool do that, ever, Roy Evans, the double act of Houillier and Evans was a brainwave, as was Arsenal appointing Rioch and all the clubs who haven't played in europe as often as us over the last decade, including the great Steve Gibson, who would never be stupid enough to appoint managers with no managerial experience such as McLaren and Southgate. All things which people on here have said in the past on numerous occasions.

I realise that this will go straight over your head, despite being fact, for not being completely anti Shepherd / Hall.

Point by point your arguments have been disected, and your negativity blown out of the water. As usual you end up blathering about Shepherd and how we didn't appreciate him but no one really cares by now. Stick his photo on the mantlepiece and light a candle under it every day if you like but please give it a rest on the forums. We don't like talking about yesterday's news.

Amen

says the NUFC expert with his long distance binoculars.

Guest elbee909

I hope we do better than last season.  Might be difficult with all that European football we have to play... oh.

I hate to be the one who has to break this to you Leazes mate but nobody cares about Shepherd anymore.

Sorry.

no personalities, Baggio. They are irrelevant.

I am hoping the club can have a more successful future, and better the best of the last decade, or match it and sustain it longer. Don't you ?

Tron made a rather childish jibe at me, so I replied. It's really that simple mate. Nowt to do with you really is it ?

I honestly think that everyone involved in this thread wants NUFC to be as successful as possible. How it's achieved may be open to debate, but harking back to decades ago serves no purpose imo. It's 2007 and we all want to move on. Be positive lads.  :thup:

I honestly think that everyone involved in this thread wants NUFC to be as successful as possible. How it's achieved may be open to debate, but harking back to decades ago serves no purpose imo. It's 2007 and we all want to move on. Be positive lads.  :thup:

This is positive... think back to the Souness/Bellamy crisis and this was a forum in civil war.

This is positive... think back to the Souness/Bellamy crisis and this was a forum in civil war.

Wasn't aimed at you tbh. You're spot on like and the 'civil war' what we're trying to avoid.  :thup:

I take it the negativety you refer to was the non-stop whining that went on when we had a club that had qualified for europe more than any team bar 4, signed top quality international footballers, and filled the 50,000 stadium.

This is fact.

And yesterdays news was also that we had finished 2nd under Keegan when he was manager, plenty bleated on about that too.

Still, change the record when it suits you.

I'm looking forward. I hope the current board can at least match the Champions League qualification, and 3 consecutive top 5 finishes. If they do better, then they are better. If they don't match it, then they aren't. Wouldn't you agree ?

Lets not talk about favourites and personalities. It is irrelevant. It's how well the club does that matters.  Wouldn't you agree ?

I agree that it's time to move on and wish the new board every success in the future. The past is the past, and as you say irrelevant. So no need to discuss this further IMO, especially as it isn't related to the topic in any case.

Guest Johan

Again you mention balancing the books.   :lol:

Whatever.

Amen

says the NUFC expert with his long distance binoculars.

You dont have to be an expert to not wanting to talk about Shepherd any more. I´ll tell you what though, if Ashley fucks up big time and we keep getting 12 - 14 place in the league then you would have some kind of case to argue. Right now it is just pointless to debate them and I for one like to talk and read about the new stuff. Like are Kieron going or not, that is the purpose of this thread and when you and your likes are not around that is what is being debated. So please get over Shepherd, he is now just one of all those former chairmen whose names you love to drop.

I'll tell you what though, if Ashley fucks up big time and we keep getting 12 - 14 place in the league then you would have some kind of case to argue.

In Shepherd's first four seasons in charge, we came 13th, 13th, 11th and 11th, so Ashley doesn't have to work that hard to do better.

Guest Johan

I'll tell you what though, if Ashley fucks up big time and we keep getting 12 - 14 place in the league then you would have some kind of case to argue.

In Shepherd's first four seasons in charge, we came 13th, 13th, 11th and 11th, so Ashley doesn't have to work that hard to do better.

Hehe I know, I didnt dare to say it though. Now you can add two pages to this thread with his insults/arguments .

Its getting out of hand now, both clubs bickering over this and Anal is fkn loving it, I love the way they are running a story in the Journal about Dyer being unsettle before a bid was made, yet it was Anal and the Chronicle that started the story.

Anyway back of Chron today..

DYER COMES IN FROM COLD

No full story online yet but  I think its about Dyer playing against Bolton tomorrow

I heard Magnusson was getting his 2 penneth in yesterday. Prick. Couldnt be arsed to find or read the full innterview but I was greatly amused by his comment of "that not how to conduct business"....

I am so disappointed we got invvolved with them and just wish the whole thing could be concluded one way or another.