Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Guest Alan Shearer 9

still a big wage

Peanuts to Big Mike. Putting West Ham in their place and rightly so.

I meant for other clubs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=473609&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Dyer had been on the point of moving to Upton Park after the clubs agreed a fee of £5million up front plus a further £1million depending on appearances.

Newcastle then decided they had under-valued the player and demanded a further £2million causing West Ham to pull out of the move.

It is understood the Hammers are still interested in Dyer, who has already passed a medical, but will not go above £6million. They may, however, be willing to pay all the money up front.

Certainly better for us.

Guest Johan

I got a wild idea while reading this. Could we have used Dyer as a bait for West Ham so that we could get Smith in peace?:)

We are sending out a message that we are wanting 2m more for a player, that we had agreed a fee with. Are we "desperate" for this extra 2m quid, or just showing the rest of football that we can't keep our word ?

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge the fact that "Freddie always backed his managers" is, in fact, true, mind. I'm sure that our balancing the books act so far under the new board, that you thought was going to be automatically better, is showing all the signs so far of not backing the manager to a similar degree. Still, I'm sure that isn't true at all, as you say it isn't the case. Particularly as the one person who DOES know, has been expressing his dissatasfaction and frustration at whateve is actually reallly happening.

Freddy backed Roeder less than Mort has so far backed Allardyce, at least that will be the case when we sign the bloke who has just travelled over from Spain, FACT.

Again you mention balancing the books.   :lol:

that question was for Tron.

I'm sure he can answer his own questions, like when you replied for Baggio.

You also omitted the first bit, if you really want to answer for him

I've answered all these questions indirectly through various posts but if you insist:

We are sending out a message that we are wanting 2m more for a player, that we had agreed a fee with. Are we "desperate" for this extra 2m quid, or just showing the rest of football that we can't keep our word ?

You seem to have difficulty comptrehending the fact we turned down £6m shows we are anything but desperate. If you don't understand this let me know and I'll explain in simpler terms.

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge the fact that "Freddie always backed his managers" is, in fact, true, mind.

I don't have any problem acknowledging Shepherd always backed his managers. My only gripe was that his reasoning for picking Souness and Roeder stunk of incompetence.

I'm sure that our balancing the books act so far under the new board, that you thought was going to be automatically better, is showing all the signs so far of not backing the manager to a similar degree. Still, I'm sure that isn't true at all, as you say it isn't the case. Particularly as the one person who DOES know, has been expressing his dissatasfaction and frustration at whateve is actually reallly happening.

£10m-worth of signings in the last few days with no players sold to balance the books AND Big Sam personally crediting Mort for getting the deals done. Actions speak louder than words.

Well, lets put it this way.

The club expected Dyer to go, so spent the money on Smith. This is not speculation, well it is, but it is true.

So they have spent the money on Enrique. Well done, of course. But it isn't anything the old board didn't do for well over a decade. Nor is it particular an alien situation for Newcastle United to actually sell players for financial reasons anyway over the last 15 years. But I'm sure you will ignore this as you clearly are one of those who have it in for Hall and Shepherd on account of them being caught in a brothel and calling people names.

Whatever.

Actions indeed speak louder than words. Well done to the board for beginning to back the manager, even though he had to publicy speak out and tell us that he was having problems with them. Also, results speak louder than words, so along with everyone else I look forward to us playing in the Champions League again, seeing as Shepherd and Hall have gone, and they were holding the club back so much, and it should now be a foregone conclusion, given a bit of time, naturally.

I hope that in the future the current board don't pick a knacker of a manager too mind, as nobody does it except Shepherd and Hall. Not even Liverpool do that, ever, Roy Evans, the double act of Houillier and Evans was a brainwave, as was Arsenal appointing Rioch and all the clubs who haven't played in europe as often as us over the last decade, including the great Steve Gibson, who would never be stupid enough to appoint managers with no managerial experience such as McLaren and Southgate. All things which people on here have said in the past on numerous occasions.

I realise that this will go straight over your head, despite being fact, for not being completely anti Shepherd / Hall.

:lol:

Guest black

There is a sell on clause but it is only if there is a profit, it would be 20% of profit. Just found out.  So if he goes for the new price ITFC will make some money but they won`t if he goes for the WHU valuation.

So if that is correct why would Newcastle up the price so ITFC can make some money?

I doubt it would be a Newcastle decision if that was the case - more something Dyer might insist on in a show of loyalty to Ipswich Town (shame he'd never do the same for our club.)

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge the fact that "Freddie always backed his managers" is, in fact, true, mind. I'm sure that our balancing the books act so far under the new board, that you thought was going to be automatically better, is showing all the signs so far of not backing the manager to a similar degree. Still, I'm sure that isn't true at all, as you say it isn't the case. Particularly as the one person who DOES know, has been expressing his dissatasfaction and frustration at whateve is actually reallly happening.

Freddy backed Roeder less than Mort has so far backed Allardyce, at least that will be the case when we sign the bloke who has just travelled over from Spain, FACT.

Again you mention balancing the books.  :lol:

I've answered all these questions indirectly through various posts but if you insist:

You seem to have difficulty comptrehending the fact we turned down £6m shows we are anything but desperate. If you don't understand this let me know and I'll explain in simpler terms.

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge the fact that "Freddie always backed his managers" is, in fact, true, mind.

I don't have any problem acknowledging Shepherd always backed his managers. My only gripe was that his reasoning for picking Souness and Roeder stunk of incompetence.

I'm sure that our balancing the books act so far under the new board, that you thought was going to be automatically better, is showing all the signs so far of not backing the manager to a similar degree. Still, I'm sure that isn't true at all, as you say it isn't the case. Particularly as the one person who DOES know, has been expressing his dissatasfaction and frustration at whateve is actually reallly happening.

£10m-worth of signings in the last few days with no players sold to balance the books AND Big Sam personally crediting Mort for getting the deals done. Actions speak louder than words.

The club expected Dyer to go, so spent the money on Smith. This is not speculation, well it is, but it is true.

So they have spent the money on Enrique. Well done, of course. But it isn't anything the old board didn't do for well over a decade. Nor is it particular an alien situation for Newcastle United to actually sell players for financial reasons anyway over the last 15 years. But I'm sure you will ignore this as you clearly are one of those who have it in for Hall and Shepherd on account of them being caught in a brothel and calling people names.

Whatever.

Actions indeed speak louder than words. Well done to the board for beginning to back the manager, even though he had to publicy speak out and tell us that he was having problems with them. Also, results speak louder than words, so along with everyone else I look forward to us playing in the Champions League again, seeing as Shepherd and Hall have gone, and they were holding the club back so much, and it should now be a foregone conclusion, given a bit of time, naturally.

I hope that in the future the current board don't pick a knacker of a manager too mind, as nobody does it except Shepherd and Hall. Not even Liverpool do that, ever, Roy Evans, the double act of Houillier and Evans was a brainwave, as was Arsenal appointing Rioch and all the clubs who haven't played in europe as often as us over the last decade, including the great Steve Gibson, who would never be stupid enough to appoint managers with no managerial experience such as McLaren and Southgate. All things which people on here have said in the past on numerous occasions.

I realise that this will go straight over your head, despite being fact, for not being completely anti Shepherd / Hall.

Point by point your arguments have been disected, and your negativity blown out of the water. As usual you end up blathering about Shepherd and how we didn't appreciate him but no one really cares by now. Stick his photo on the mantlepiece and light a candle under it every day if you like but please give it a rest on the forums. We don't like talking about yesterday's news.

Guest Johan

Again you mention balancing the books.   :lol:

Whatever.

Point by point your arguments have been disected, and your negativity blown out of the water. As usual you end up blathering about Shepherd and how we didn't appreciate him but no one really cares by now. Stick his photo on the mantlepiece and light a candle under it every day if you like but please give it a rest on the forums. We don't like talking about yesterday's news.

Amen

In fact, he sent the United players a “good luck” text last Thursday night from East London – even former chairman Freddy Shepherd received one as he enjoyed cocktails with his pal Tony Blair in Barbados.

bluelaugh.gif

In fact, he sent the United players a “good luck” text last Thursday night from East London – even former chairman Freddy Shepherd received one as he enjoyed cocktails with his pal Tony Blair in Barbados.

Looks like Fatty's health is really struggling now he's got Ashleys malooha.