To All North American Toon Fans.

Guest JamesD

I'm a little weary of that site, CM.  I'd like to see it up on the Setanta Broadband site before I waste money on watching The GAA Club, National League and All Ireland Championships.  ;)

Nowt that there's anything wrong with that like.

Mad Dog in the Fog (San Francisco) gets my vote for best venue to watch a game in North America - large toon contingent always present.

Excellent. Gonna be visiting my sis in SF sometime in October, and needed a place to watch.

Bonk:

And here is the listing for Setanta Sport USA:

http://na.setanta.com/portal/systemcontent/tvschedule?open&channel=setantasportsna&dateadjust=9&

9:55am

Live EPL - Bolton v Newcastle

Live action from the English Premiership as Bolton Wanderers welcome Newcastle United to the Reebok Stadium. The Trotters will be hoping to get one over old manager Sam Allardyce at this early stage of the new season. K.O. 10:00am ET.

Feeling more comfortable yet?

Can anyone from Canada tell me what's going on with Setanta, as far as being available on providers other than DirectTV, like ExpressVu or Starchoice? I'm starting to worry about being able to see the beginning of the season and the BB isn't an option for me.

Bonk:

And here is the listing for Setanta Sport USA:

http://na.setanta.com/portal/systemcontent/tvschedule?open&channel=setantasportsna&dateadjust=9&

9:55am

Live EPL - Bolton v Newcastle

Live action from the English Premiership as Bolton Wanderers welcome Newcastle United to the Reebok Stadium. The Trotters will be hoping to get one over old manager Sam Allardyce at this early stage of the new season. K.O. 10:00am ET.

Feeling more comfortable yet?

You win me, Cali-magz.  http://poponthepop.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/borat.jpg  (Yes, it's funny again)

Can anyone from Canada tell me what's going on with Setanta, as far as being available on providers other than DirectTV, like ExpressVu or Starchoice? I'm starting to worry about being able to see the beginning of the season and the BB isn't an option for me.

I've heard nowt, mate.  I think they're trying to get it sorted in the States with a view to expand into Canada.  The Score has the right's in Canada, but they can only handle one game.  It's major f***** right now because of Setanta getting they're act together.   

Guest JamesD

so i just signed up on a monthly basis, figure i can cancel if it sucks. But so far so good, the live coverage now was golf, but the stream worked well and it was very good quality, albeit a bit small. Also a good archive of games.

Guest Texasmag

The Bull & Bear in Houston have had Setanta for donkeys as its the local Celtic supporters club. I called in to see if they were showing any of the friendlies and was told Setanta UK and Setanta USA are two completely separate organisations.

FSW wasnt bad last year, dont mind seeing the games later in the day as long as I dont know the score.

Where abouts is the Bull and Bear? I've heard of the Richmond Arms and they show the Toon games. Correct about Setanta UK & USA.

says north america, so im assuming that includes you. 

Also found this :"We also have MUTV and Chelsea TV, which show EVERY Premiership & Champions League match that Manchester United & Chelsea play, delayed." Hopefully MUTV and Chelsea TV are included with a subsription, 4 confirmed games a year then.

I get those on my Setanta channel.

Bull & Bear is outside the Beltway on West side of town at Westheimer & Eldridge. Canny bar, similar to the Richmond without the plastic Olde English theme. The only other option you have in Houston is Big Johns Ice House on Wilcrest, have only ever seen us get beat when I have been in so tend to avoid it.

Failing that I drag the telly out into the garden when we are on FSC so I can smoke, drink and swear to my hearts content without getting battered of wor lass.

Cheers!

Guest efullerton

For those in Houston: I'd say that Richmond Arms is a decent place to go and watch a game.  They provide FSC and Setanta broadcasts. The downside is that their projector is a load of crap and the way it's set up is even more crap so often watching it on the 32" TVs scattered around the bar.  I will have FSC and hopefully Setanta (now that apparently Dish is offering it) this season would be happy to host a get together of a few fans in my humble apartment from time to time.  If there are those that would be interested simply email me at [email protected].

Discussion of illegal video streams is not allowed on the forum. Cheers, Admin.

Actually, Calimag's right. www.soccertv.com is the most comprehensive site for listings of each and every footie game being broadcast in NA. I've been using it for over 6yrs now.

For Canuck viewers, go to the site and scroll all the way down, then click on Canadian TV Networks, and voila.

And, by the way, FUCK SETANTA.

Fuckin' motherfuckers, gone is the routine of waking up Saturday mornings and tuning into Sportsnet for the triple-header, with Craig Forrest and pals. For FREE.

Now I have to wait till they get their Canadian license, and then subscribe to their channel for $15 per month, or else fuckin' pay for Setanta PPV?

I've always despised Setanta. Yankee's right, horrible coverage, I've seen whole games without commentary and with deftly edited blackouts.

However, I'll just frequent my regular drinking holes than pay for Setanta. A lot of pubs have had Setanta USA in the T. Dot. for years.

Check out this article for all Canadian residents:

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/241929

---------------------

Soccer fans get kicked in wallet

While the English Premier League television picture is still fuzzy, one thing is now clear: Fans are going to have to pay more to watch their favourite soccer teams.

Setanta Sports, which owns Canadian rights to English soccer, confirmed yesterday that all but one game a week will be available exclusively on either its premium digital channel or its monthly pay-per-view package. Cost will be around $15 a month, not including rental or purchase of a digital box.

Setanta has the rights to three Saturday games, the early Sunday game, the Monday afternoon match and all weekday contests. The other game, Sundays at 11 a.m., will be on The Score.

The FAN 590 will also air a Saturday morning match.

"We'll have all the games starting Aug. 11 and there will be more available than ever," said Shane O'Rourke, president of Setanta's North American operations. "We just don't know which platforms yet."

Setanta had applied for a digital licence to air international sports and expected to be on Rogers and Bell ExpressVu before the Aug.11 start of the EPL season. But that apparently won't happen, though Setanta is confident it will by the end of the month.

If the channel isn't running by Aug.11, the games will be available on a pay-per-view package.

This will come as a shock to EPL fans, who last year had their choice of games on Rogers Sportsnet, The Score and Fox Sports World Canada.

Guest NUFCGator

For anyone that has used Setanta bb, is the resolution good enough where it would be worth it to hook my computer up to my tv so I wouldn't have to watch a small monitor all morning or would it just distort the picture too much to make it worthwhile?

Setanta is now on Rogers Digital, Wellander.  Channel 429, free untill Sept. 11, then a monthly charge kicks in.  I think 4 of our first 5 matches are on the channel.  I believe Bell picked it up as well.

Yah, sadly my appt complex has internet "provided" for us - in other words its prob included in the rent.  Its about 350-400k speed. Sad I know,  so my internet won't support ITVN's speeds. Paying 30 more for cable-internet then 15 a month for ITVN wouldnt be smart for me.

I bought the setanta broadband, watched a bit of the on-demand programming it did just fine for me.  I'm used to never seeing the matches and just listening to them, if I can just get a tad bit of picture Ill be happy.  I'll be watching the Bolton match tomorrow and I will try and snap a few screenshots and review for you all who are on the fence for it.

Madness, what we do, to get a chance to watch some of these matches.

I live in New York and I'm really bummed out by this, but I'll try to find a live stream even though hthose things are really faulty. Tomorrow I have work from 8am-1 pm so I'll get to see the second half of Villa - Liverpool and Derby and Pompey.

Although I'm a NUFC fan, I also love premier league football, so it's all good.  O0

Come on lads, get down to the Duke of Gloucestors, Scallywagses and Walker's Brews of this city, and support your team.

As I'm fuckin' stuck at work.

Whilst being surrounded by plastic Spurs and Liverpool support?  No thanks. 

Here's a link to Setanta Canada's Schedule:  http://130.94.23.190/SSCDN_live_schedule.htm

They've got all our matches on until the end of November.  This is better than what was on offer.  Howay Setanta!

I live in New York and I'm really bummed out by this, but I'll try to find a live stream even though hthose things are really faulty. Tomorrow I have work from 8am-1 pm so I'll get to see the second half of Villa - Liverpool and Derby and Pompey.

Although I'm a NUFC fan, I also love premier league football, so it's all good.  O0

Pretty much in the same situation except I live in Rhode Island...for now anyway. Still wish FSC would be a little more generous with the Mags games. We need our fix, after all.  O0

Pretty much in the same situation except I live in Rhode Island...for now anyway. Still wish FSC would be a little more generous with the Mags games. We need our fix, after all.  O0

Can't get Setanta?