Newcastle 1 - 0 Sampdoria (friendly) - post match reaction from page 24

NSG

If Roz & Taylor are fit, I would field the following XI and probably the same again against Bolton next weekend depending on the fitness of new signings.  I would guess that Smith is probably not too far behind if he had a pre-season with Man U.

Given

Carr Rozenhal Taylor N'Zogbia

Milner  Geremi  Butt  Luque

Viduka Martins

I really do hope we get in a left-back before next weekend though.  Bolton have bought a pair of highly rated wingers in Braaten & Wilhelmsson.  I'd rather not have Zoggy or Huntington out of position.

Actually have a decent pool to pick from for this one. What are the rules for substitutions? Could we field two different teams if we wanted?

Given Harper

Carr, Taylor, Cacapa, Roz, Hunty, Ramage, Edgar,

Solano, Milner, Geremi, Smith, Butt, N'Zog, DYER?? Troisi

Shola, Viduka, Martins, Luque, Carroll

Plus the usual academy boys.

Id expect Cacapa to get some time, whether its a half or more im not sure, but will definatley get some time on the pitch. Will surely start with the basic side for next weekend.

Looks a little light in midfield, but its a decent squad despite missing Barton, Duff, Emre, Owen and I guess I better add Babayaro.

Guest Guinness

Hope to see Cacapa and Smith in this one, will be interesting to see where Big Sam plays Smith. Hopefully we'll also get our first glimpse of Viduka.

Do you think he dare include Dyer ?

Now there's a question!

He's got to balance up the benefits of keeping him fit and in the shop window with the risk of him getting injured. Tough call. Probably on the bench and possibly give him 15 mins if it's going ok. :dontknow:

Guest Ridzuan

I really hope Smith and Viduka especially to be featured in today's match because I cannot wait to see Viduka to score in a black and white shirt.

I really hope Smith and Viduka especially to be featured in today's match because I cannot wait to see Viduka to score in a black and white shirt.

me too

however you should stick to letting wrestlers be the subject of your avatar, that one is ridiculous