José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Wasn't really just the goal yesterday, even when it still was 0-0 in the 2nd half and Forest were creating chances, Enrique kept fighting his a** out in the rain... and seeing him score and the players go crazy like that was the best...

Remember Kinnear saying 'we might do something with Enrique in January'? Thank christ he never got rid. :)

I get the feeling that he had trouble settling when he first arrived, hence every manager bar Hughton looking to possibly get rid. He said himself in an interview with the Shields Gazette yesterday it was hard for him because he didn't speak English and there was just him and his lass.

Wasn't really just the goal yesterday, even when it still was 0-0 in the 2nd half and Forest were creating chances, Enrique kept fighting his a** out in the rain... and seeing him score and the players go crazy like that was the best...

Those moments, especially when certain journos are dying to paint a picture of a dressing room perpetually at war, are really great to see. The last time we had that sort of harmony was when Keegan came back.

Remember Kinnear saying 'we might do something with Enrique in January'? Thank christ he never got rid. :)

You don't have to think only about Kinnear in that case. Also Keegan wanted Jose out. Enrique said something along the lines of "If Keegan had been still here I maybe would have been gone" or something like that.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

this

From the .co.uk

I Couldn't Breathe But I Didn't Care Says Goal Ace Jose

By Craig Hope

BURIED at the base of a pile of black-and-white team-mates with Jonas Gutierrez trying to force grass in his mouth, Jose Enrique didn't care that he could barely breathe given what had just happened.

For, in scoring his first-ever goal for Newcastle United, the Spaniard sealed victory over promotion rivals Nottingham Forest to take The Magpies to within touching distance of a return to the Premier League.

An ecstatic Enrique, having cut infield and fired through the arms of Lee Camp in injury-time, duly shed with his shirt before being wrestled to the floor by Gutierrez with the pair then finding themselves concealed beneath a mass mountain of equally elated team-mates.

"I could not breathe!" exhaled Jose when he spoke to nufcTV after the 2-0 triumph.

"It was ok at first but then Jonas put some grass in my mouth and I said 'What are you doing?'. I had all of my team-mates on my back and I could not breathe.

"But I don't care because it was a celebration of my goal and it was amazing."

Enrique's strike sparked an explosion of emotion from all associated with the club inside St.James' Park, and the 24-year-old was delighted to get his first goal for the Toon Army.

"The fans ask me all of the time when I see them in the city, 'When are you going to score?'. I always tell them 'I hope very soon'," he added.

"So to score in such an important game is incredible and at home is even better - the fans went crazy and I am very happy for that."

It was from fellow scorer Shola Ameobi's impudent back heel that Enrique charged into the danger zone before dragging inside a red shirt and blasting right-footed through the forlorn arms of visiting stopper Camp.

And he reflected: "I couldn't believe it when I scored my goal.

"I'm happy because it's my first goal but I'm more happy for the win because it was an important game and puts us very nearly in the Premier League.

"At first I thought maybe I should try to cross because I had the defender in front of me.

"But I decided to try to get by him and shoot and it was an unbelievable feeling - I will shoot more often now."

Nice one Jonas :D

From the .co.uk

By Craig Hope

BURIED at the base of a pile of black-and-white team-mates with Jonas Gutierrez trying to force grass in his mouth, Jose Enrique didn't care that he could barely breathe given what had just happened.

For, in scoring his first-ever goal for Newcastle United, the Spaniard sealed victory over promotion rivals Nottingham Forest to take The Magpies to within touching distance of a return to the Premier League.

An ecstatic Enrique, having cut infield and fired through the arms of Lee Camp in injury-time, duly shed with his shirt before being wrestled to the floor by Gutierrez with the pair then finding themselves concealed beneath a mass mountain of equally elated team-mates.

"I could not breathe!" exhaled Jose when he spoke to nufcTV after the 2-0 triumph.

"It was ok at first but then Jonas put some grass in my mouth and I said 'What are you doing?'. I had all of my team-mates on my back and I could not breathe.

"But I don't care because it was a celebration of my goal and it was amazing."

Enrique's strike sparked an explosion of emotion from all associated with the club inside St.James' Park, and the 24-year-old was delighted to get his first goal for the Toon Army.

"The fans ask me all of the time when I see them in the city, 'When are you going to score?'. I always tell them 'I hope very soon'," he added.

"So to score in such an important game is incredible and at home is even better - the fans went crazy and I am very happy for that."

It was from fellow scorer Shola Ameobi's impudent back heel that Enrique charged into the danger zone before dragging inside a red shirt and blasting right-footed through the forlorn arms of visiting stopper Camp.

And he reflected: "I couldn't believe it when I scored my goal.

"I'm happy because it's my first goal but I'm more happy for the win because it was an important game and puts us very nearly in the Premier League.

"At first I thought maybe I should try to cross because I had the defender in front of me.

"But I decided to try to get by him and shoot and it was an unbelievable feeling - I will shoot more often now."

;D  Good to see Jose is still alive  :lol:

From the .co.uk

By Craig Hope

I've pressed charges for less tbh.

Why was everyone in the post match talking about it being his first goal anywhere when he scored for Levante early in his career?

He scored for what is essentially the reserves of Levante.

Playing in the equivalent of League 2 (or worse, since our League 1 equivalent is made up of 80 clubs)