José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

As I mentioned in the other thread, he should be playing those balls for Villa and Torres to latch onto. Maybe next season he'll get recognised. Maybe needs to take off his shirt more often?

Guest firetotheworks

It's like playing Fifa on beginner for him. He does more than he has to, simply because he can, and will.

Guest firetotheworks

For Sheffield's goal Enrique was standing behind the goal line. Not very good considering the idea is to stop the ball crossing the line! If he'd been on the line it probably wouldn't have gone in.

I think the idea is that you can get a better swing at it if you're behind the goal line. Could be effective, but it's more than a bit risky. Taking nothing away from his second half performance though, he was an absolute joy to watch.

When we were relegated one of the things that sickened me most was that I thought we'd lose players like Enrique, because he looked to have great potential even in that side.  We kept him and he's proven what a big player he is.

BUT I think he must resist believing the hype and continue to work very hard at his game to progress in the big league. His positioning for their goal last night was almost comical sloppiness and a reminder that he has to ignore the hype and keep totally focused on his game.

When we were relegated one of the things that sickened me most was that I thought we'd lose players like Enrique, because he looked to have great potential even in that side.  We kept him and he's proven what a big player he is.

BUT I think he must resist believing the hype and continue to work very hard at his game to progress in the big league. His positioning for their goal last night was almost comical sloppiness and a reminder that he has to ignore the hype and keep totally focused on his game.

He doesn't seem to get much hype outside fan forums really. Media always seem to bum Nolan over anyone else in the squad.

From what I remember when he came here, sounds like he had more hype to deal with in spain, being touted round as El Torro, fan favourite, soon to break into national squad etc.

I've never seen a better left back in one-on-one defensive situations.

Next season i'm certain we'll see pundits and commentators bum the hell out of him

He needs to cut out the flashy stuff next year. Evra and Cole are good examples. They're very good going forward but they don't do it all the time and they don't put their side at risk. If Enrique plays it sensible most of the time and then chooses his moments to attack he'll flourish next season. As long as he plays it smart he'll be very good LB.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen a better left back in one-on-one defensive situations.

Next season i'm certain we'll see pundits and commentators bum the hell out of him

He needs to cut out the flashy stuff next year. Evra and Cole are good examples. They're very good going forward but they don't do it all the time and they don't put their side at risk. If Enrique plays it sensible most of the time and then chooses his moments to attack he'll flourish next season. As long as he plays it smart he'll be very good LB.

A little bit over confident at times BUT  Marley loves him soooo much

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4526091154_fc3421a26f_o.jpg