José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

:lol: Man, I really want to do my best not to pull you up on this s***. 'Too inefficient in attack', man.

He's too inefficient.  Often his runs ends up  in nothing: eg he has to backtrack or he hits a crosser that's no good. .  He's had a couple of good crossers that our attackers should have converted but overall he's never involved in our goals.. If you bother you can check his assist ratio, I think it's very low.

I remember when I used to play baseball. I was swinging my ass off, but I never hit any home runs because I didn't have a bat.

I know it's good to have good fullbacks, but they need to be tidy rather than brilliant IMO.

What I meant was that there would be very little reason to pay Jose more than Tiote or HBA, for argument's sake.

Of course. I'd be shocked if he asked for more than them though.

Shouldn't be a problem then, he should be signing!

Yeah but as discussed, he doesn't seem like he will be happy just treading water for the next 5 years.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: Man, I really want to do my best not to pull you up on this s***. 'Too inefficient in attack', man.

He's too inefficient.  Often his runs ends up  in nothing: eg he has to backtrack or he hits a crosser that's no good. .  He's had a couple of good crossers that our attackers should have converted but overall he's never involved in our goals.. If you bother you can check his assist ratio, I think it's very low.

Do you watch our games, or just look at the stats?

Seems that way. It isn't his fault if our strikers don't take the chances he provides for them.

He's a FULLBACK, probably one of the best we've ever had. His defensive work is superb, his attacking play is good enough. It's madness to be talking about him being 'inefficient in attack' ffs.

He's too inefficient.  Often his runs ends up  in nothing: eg he has to backtrack or he hits a crosser that's no good. .  He's had a couple of good crossers that our attackers should have converted but overall he's never involved in our goals.. If you bother you can check his assist ratio, I think it's very low.

You and oldtype are chatting absolute shite in this thread.

For the record, I wouldn't hate Jose if he left for something like 10~15 million.

It's been a good few years, he stayed with us in the Championship, and would be leaving us with a tidy profit.

I'd rather keep him, but I could live with it.

Said all you had to, here.

He's too inefficient.  Often his runs ends up  in nothing: eg he has to backtrack or he hits a crosser that's no good. .  He's had a couple of good crossers that our attackers should have converted but overall he's never involved in our goals.. If you bother you can check his assist ratio, I think it's very low.

I do watch the games, although he's fantastic in defense,   the choices he sometimes makes in attack irritates me..   Enrique has 5 assists distributed over three pl seasons. That is not much.  

I do watch the games, although he's fantastic in defense, but  the choices he sometimes makes in attack irritates me..  During his three season in PL, Enrique stands with 5 assists. That is not much. 

Come on man, you can't possibly be saying that Enrique has only been involved in 5 goals since he's been with us?

Let me guess, you're looking at the amount of 'assists' he's got for us on ESPN Soccernet?

I've gone through the official stats...Although Enrique is playing for a weaker team than backs of same class such as sagna, evra, baines and cole I still think this shows that he needs improvement in the OFFENSIVE part of the game.. The assists are probably lying a bit since they don't register if you're part of the build up that leads to the goal..So he's probably been involved in more goals..But he's not directly assisted more than 5 of them..

People on here are beginning to look at his weaknesses because Phil Thompson reckons he's going. 

This forum really can be like RTG when it wants to. It really is sad that we're starting to slag off one of our greatest servants of modern times :/

I do watch the games, although he's fantastic in defense, but  the choices he sometimes makes in attack irritates me..  During his three season in PL, Enrique stands with 5 assists. That is not much. 

Come on man, you can't possibly be saying that Enrique has only been involved in 5 goals since he's been with us?

Let me guess, you're looking at the amount of 'assists' he's got for us on ESPN Soccernet?

Don't even know why we are trying to question this clown...plain for everyone one to see week in week out, our main attacking force being our left hand side through Enrique and Jonas...get the stats out for both of them and they might not add up to much stat wise through goals and assists but it's a fact our best attacking play comes down the left without fail.

Which, if that's what he's using... Ashley Cole has 5 PL assists to his name over the past 3 years, to Jose's 4 in his 3 PL seasons. Shambles of an offensive player, eh? :rolleyes:

Brett: I've never questioned that our left side is our best side..But still Enrique makes the wrong choices in attack..

Just to make things a bit funnier..Loven has 4 assist this season ...Just one away from Enrique's total  ;)

I know it's good to have good fullbacks, but they need to be tidy rather than brilliant IMO.

What I meant was that there would be very little reason to pay Jose more than Tiote or HBA, for argument's sake.

is the fact that he makes our team significantly better not reason enough?

Which, if that's what he's using... Ashley Cole has 5 PL assists to his name over the past 3 years, to Jose's 4 in his 3 PL seasons. Shambles of an offensive player, eh? :rolleyes:

Good point.I forgot to check him  :blush:

Loven has 4 assists? Yeah, right.

42 Nenad Milijas Wolves 5

43 James Milner Manchester City 5

44 Charles N'Zogbia Wigan Athletic 5

45 Jermaine Pennant Stoke City 5

46 Martin Petrov Bolton 5

47 Frederic Piquionne West Ham Utd 5

48 Steven Reid WBA 5

49 Fernando Torres Chelsea 5

50 Nikola Zigic Birmingham 5

51 Tim Cahill Everton 4